Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Oh I love that! Already reposted in the MJ thread Iron Maiden.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Ravin' Ray. As I recall, I think MJ only met Doom once (not counting the comic book strip in the newspapers where IIRC he wanted to marry her!) and that was during JMS's run. For those over there in the MJ thread who may not know the artists point of reference, here is the entire "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" number from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" . Marilyn's best IMO.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-10-2019 at 06:47 PM.

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/09/05/rum...r-doctor-doom/

MCU Cosmic has a solid track record, so I don't have reservations about sharing this.

I think leaving Doom out of the first MCU FF is the right choice, if they do indeed go that route, but the idea of a Disney+ series set prior to appearing in a FF film... well, so long as that doesn't erase Doom's early life history with Reed, I'd have no problem with it.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Has the latest Doctor Doom action figure come out yet? not the infamous iron man armor but the one they said would be released soon? i dont want to miss my chance getting one. Just a few more weeks until DOOM comic appears, each day I'm more excited!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/09/05/rum...r-doctor-doom/

MCU Cosmic has a solid track record, so I don't have reservations about sharing this.

I think leaving Doom out of the first MCU FF is the right choice, if they do indeed go that route, but the idea of a Disney+ series set prior to appearing in a FF film... well, so long as that doesn't erase Doom's early life history with Reed, I'd have no problem with it.
    I have seen this on other sites too. I wouldn't mind if they did it that way and it would be the best way to get an in depth origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Has the latest Doctor Doom action figure come out yet? not the infamous iron man armor but the one they said would be released soon? i dont want to miss my chance getting one. Just a few more weeks until DOOM comic appears, each day I'm more excited!
    I haven't seen a release date mentioned but from what I've seen it looks like the release will be in 2020. I did find an eBay listing for preorder and they have jacked up the price to $46.99. They do state the shipping date as November 2019. I am certainly not advocating buying it at that price. But it does give us an idea when to expect it to show up at a big box store. This site states that it will be in a wave for 2020 but I still may go checking around in November anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I haven't seen a release date mentioned but from what I've seen it looks like the release will be in 2020. I did find an eBay listing for preorder and they have jacked up the price to $46.99. They do state the shipping date as November 2019. I am certainly not advocating buying it at that price. But it does give us an idea when to expect it to show up at a big box store. This site states that it will be in a wave for 2020 but I still may go checking around in November anyway.
    Thank you! I haven't seen a release date either but I will be keeping my eye out, I don't think it would be more than the other Marvel Legends line when it goes up for sale, that preorder sounds a bit much.

Yeah, I really blinked at that price. I'm not going to cast aspersions but that sure seems like price gouging to me. For some reason, Doom collectibles tend to increase in value. That's not to say he's unique in that and there are plenty of others in that regard. But it does hold true that you better buy now or you'll pay more later. I'm sure there are guys that literally haunt the stores, snap up as many up as they can of certain products and them sell them high on eBay, etc. One thing I may look out for is to see if the figures show up soon on Diamond's catalog listings section of advance shipments. Here's a link to the latest one
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-13-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks Iron Maiden! also i just read this article here about the upcoming doom comic! its set for october 9th!!!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=73648564

Thanks for that link! I love Larocca's art in this! I am very encouraged to read Cantwell's plans for his series. I always did like the "Doom without Armor" arc that Chuck Dixon wrote as in a between the issues tale to what was going on in Claremont's Fantastic Four at that time. And we got the semi-legendary Naked Lion Wrasslin' Doom from that!

The part that intrigues me as how the story has to do with Doom having visions and what they mean. We saw a little of that with Infamous Iron Man but Bendis never really explained visions with Tony as the Sorcerer Supreme. If you recall, he only had these visions when he was under duress. The second one caused him to lose consciousness. IMO this is a facet of the character that reminds me of stories that frequently involve saints from the middle ages There was always controversy about nature of their visions. Sometimes they were considered blessed, other times they were feared by the people and were put to death. Today we probably would consider them to be mad and put them on medication! Not that I am saying that Doom is a saint or a martyr! But he may have some latent powers of perception that go beyond the physical plane. I guess will have to wait and see where this takes him in the series

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Wow. The art by Salvador Larocca is stunning for those preview pages. I did pick up quite a few of his Darth Vader series and was impressed, his quality and consistency made that a beautiful series as well. Christopher Cantwell sounds like he has a good handle on the character, and read the right background material.

I'm excitedly optimistic - will be spending too much money on the variant covers as well.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 09-14-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Glad to see you weighing in on this Doomscribe. I can't wait to see this issue and more of that gorgeous LaRocca art.

Now what's the deal with all these Doom casting rumors? Lately they're focusing on Viggo Mortensen, or sometimes it's Keanu Reeves, Michael Fassbender (even though he already has the Magneto role). I guess they need the click bait.
    IMO I think they don't want to go too old.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-14-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Doctor Doom #1 variant cover art by Simone Bianchi! link

I love Bianchi. His Doom is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The MJ/Doom cover is hilarious. It's modeled on Marilyn Monroe's Diamonds are a Girl's best friend...and the Doombot photobombing at the side is hilarious.
    I agree! That Doom in the corner just kills me. So, funny.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Doom 2099 Cover art revealed! link

Chip Zdarsky, writer of DOOM 2099 #1, said, “I loved the original DOOM 2099, so this is a total dream project, getting to help reinvent the world. In our one-shot we do our best to really hold onto the spirit of the original, of Victor Von Doom starting from the bottom, while giving it some new twists, like his astounding 2099 hip hop career.” Art for this issue will be created by Marco Castiello.

Max Fiumara

Patrick Gleason & Rachelle Rosenberg

Thanks for posting these IW. Those covers look great. I love seeing new Doom 2099 stuff and done by Chip Zdarsky? I am so looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for posting these IW. Those covers look great. I love seeing new Doom 2099 stuff and done by Chip Zdarsky? I am so looking forward to that!
    You're welcome, and I'm excited too! Now if only Chip could do as Rev suggested and give us a Super Villain Team up comic, i would be in heaven XD