Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I forgot that NYCC is this weekend. I hope we see some news about Christ Cantwell's Doctor Doom series
    No, I think it's the first weekend of October. This weekend may be Baltimore?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You're right. NYCC is October 3-6. I saw it mentioned as a headline on the Marvel site and thought it was this weekend. The comicon being held this weekend is in Cleveland.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I hope so. I can understand why they collected only the Warren Ellis issues. He is more well known than John Francis Moore who developed the Doom 2099 series. His last writing credit is from DC in 2003 and I presume he dropped out of the comic book business. There was a lot of turmoil at that time. Marvel was on shaky financial ground and they abruptly cancelled most of the 2099 after firing the line's chief editor Joe Cavalieri in a cost cutting move. This resulted in some of the major writers like PAD and Ellis quitting in protest to Cavalieri's firing. Marvel cancelled all the 2099 titles and then just had one all in one title called 2099 World of Tomorrow. That only lasted 8 issues.

If they don't plan on doing any print editions I wish they would at least put more of Doom 2099 in Marvel Unlimited. There's only one issue in the system. What is also odd is that you can't buy a digital edition of the Doom 2099 TPB. Usually they show up in the Marvel store eventually but they've not made it available for some reason. I already have the TPB but it's nice to have a digital version for reading too.

Just saw ... Bleeding Cool said that "Doom 2099 #24-39 will join Marvel Unlimited in September," but didn't say when in September. With the new book and the 2099 reboot, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get a Complete Collection of Doom 2099.

You're right. NYCC is October 3-6. I saw it mentioned as a headline on the Marvel site and thought it was this weekend. The comicon being held this weekend is in Cleveland.
    Yep, it looks like Baltimore has moved to October too. It used to be right after DragonCon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just saw ... Bleeding Cool said that "Doom 2099 #24-39 will join Marvel Unlimited in September," but didn't say when in September. With the new book and the 2099 reboot, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get a Complete Collection of Doom 2099.
    Thanks! That's great news to see them putting more issues on Marvel Unlimited. I will have to keep watching the Marvel releases on their website. They usually display what's being added to MU weekly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Interesting, sounds like they've just digitised the Warren Ellis trade from a few years back. I still want to see those earlier issues reprinted in some format eventually. So I hope you're right about the prospects of a complete collection. Marvel would be stupid not to, Spider-Man gets all the credit but Doom 2099 was always the standout book from the original 2099 universe.

I agree and I would guess Doom 2099 was probably the second most popular of the line. Marvel Unlimited has issues 1- 38 of Spider-Man 2099....but only one issue of Doom 2099.

The Warren Ellis TPB came out about 5 years ago. It should be available in the digital comic shop but it still hasn't shown up there. I still haven't seen what this Doom 2099 #1 issue will be that was listed with the other 2099 comics. I searched for it on the PreviewsWorld site but there is still no info on that. Usually the reprints are called True Believers [title] but that is not how the solicitations listed it.

Dr. Doom has some choice appearances in Marvel Comics #1000, IMHO. But no sign of Infamous Iron-Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Dr. Doom has some choice appearances in Marvel Comics #1000, IMHO. But no sign of Infamous Iron-Doom.
    That's true but I wasn't expecting it. In the History of the Marvel Universe, they used a panel from Infamous Iron that was part of the flashback to his college days with Ben and Reed. I hope Marvel doesn't erase Infamous Iron Man from their history. I'm sounding a bit paranoid but after Slott's Fantastic Four and his regression to a death trap making 1960's Doom it does make you wonder a bit.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned his appearance in 4 Yancy Street. It's pretty good, almost like he was a one man Yancy Street gang.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Doctor Doom #1 variant cover art by Simone Bianchi! link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

iMan 42s

That's true but I wasn't expecting it. In the History of the Marvel Universe, they used a panel from Infamous Iron that was part of the flashback to his college days with Ben and Reed. I hope Marvel doesn't erase Infamous Iron Man from their history. I'm sounding a bit paranoid but after Slott's Fantastic Four and his regression to a death trap making 1960's Doom it does make you wonder a bit.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned his appearance in 4 Yancy Street. It's pretty good, almost like he was a one man Yancy Street gang.
    I don't think Editorial really has anything to do with that more than it's Slott not getting the character and marking things off his bucket list. Bendis just left and Slott was coming on board with his ideas of where Doom should be and got too much control over it.

Honestly between Tritium and Galactus being used as a fuel source instead of the Big bangs Doom can just make for guns in the same arc, I genuinely don't know which was worse.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I hear you. I'm hoping that Slott won't be able to use Doom once his solo title starts next month. He did have Doom start a bit of mischief by giving the Puppet Master some of radioactive clay to work with but with any luck, nothing will come of that. I did like his Slott's Victorious character but that's the only positive I got out of that arc. I hope she doesn't end up sitting on that bench of forgotten characters like Amara and Kristoff....like that waiting room in Beetlejuice

Thanks for posting that variant cover, ImperiousWrecked! IIRC, Bianchi is one of those artists that is also a Doom fan.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Little sidebar, I just discovered that there is a Mahatma Doom character from a post of CJStriker at Wanda's thread. He is the sole surviving Tibetan monk that survived Doom's massacre of the monastery, and he aims to counterbalance Doom's evil. He was among the mystics gathered during the Last Days of Magic arc in Dr. Strange's title.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ravin' Ray. I think I did read that one. I'll check for a panel with him.

In the meantime, Chris Cantwell posted two more variant covers for his Doom series.

BANNED

The MJ/Doom cover is hilarious. It's modeled on Marilyn Monroe's Diamonds are a Girl's best friend...and the Doombot photobombing at the side is hilarious.

Yeah, I saw it on Chris Cantwell's Twitter and now I found artist Cliff Chiang's tweet. The movie "Doom Cares Not from Blondes" must be a big hit in Latveria!