Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know I've seen it somewhere too. I will check around too.
    Thank you! I still have not found it, but if I do I will post about it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thank you! I still have not found it, but if I do I will post about it.
    I'll have some time to do a little research later today. But I have a hunch it might be in the Chris Claremont run or somewhere around that time period.

Well, I reread the arc leading up to Doom returning to Earth and the Reed in Doom Armor story in Claremont's Fantastic Four. I hadn't read it in a while and I had forgotten how well Claremont wrote Doom, certainly with more nobility than Waid would later on.

Anyway, no mention of the "Lion of Latveria" but Larocca's art adds the image of the Lion to a flag of Latveria and to a cermonial tunic Reed/Doom wears to his "wedding" to Sue.

An MCU rumor about Doom:

MCU: Scarlet Witch And Doctor Doom May Fall In Love In Phase 5
    https://www.primetweets.com.ng/2019/...n-phase-5.html

They revealed the new Fantastic Four Funko's today. Here is Doom's:

Last edited by Crimz; 10-01-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Well, I reread the arc leading up to Doom returning to Earth and the Reed in Doom Armor story in Claremont's Fantastic Four. I hadn't read it in a while and I had forgotten how well Claremont wrote Doom, certainly with more nobility than Waid would later on.

Anyway, no mention of the "Lion of Latveria" but Larocca's art adds the image of the Lion to a flag of Latveria and to a cermonial tunic Reed/Doom wears to his "wedding" to Sue.

Thanks for looking! I will continue to try and hunt down this small piece of Doom lore and try to find it but I just find it very interesting that the lion is what was chosen to represent Victor/Latveria, I wonder if there was any reason for it or if it came about because of him once fighting a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

this looks wonderful!!! I can't wait to get him!

Excellent! I wasn't able to find most of the issues of that story arch a few years ago while I was in my quest for Doom's back issues... One more book Marvel has to make available along with all Doom 2099... (Ellis was out of print too soon for me... and no : I won't subscribe to Marvel Unlimited! Lol)

Also I realised that Doctor Doom #1 is out next week! I'm cautiously a bit excited. And I put it on my pull-list today while visiting my LCS....
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    An MCU rumor about Doom:

MCU: Scarlet Witch And Doctor Doom May Fall In Love In Phase 5
    https://www.primetweets.com.ng/2019/...n-phase-5.html
    Seems like everyone has got there ideas out there on how Marvel will introduce Doom into the MCU. So for the choices seem to be either Triumph and Torment (which gets the most mentions) or the Chidren's Crusade. I'd like to see at least one of them adapted for the movies or the streaming service in some form. It just shows that Doom doesn't need the Fantastic Four in order to get an intro into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I MUST HAVE THIS! Thanks Crimz

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks for looking! I will continue to try and hunt down this small piece of Doom lore and try to find it but I just find it very interesting that the lion is what was chosen to represent Victor/Latveria, I wonder if there was any reason for it or if it came about because of him once fighting a lion.
    The Lion fighting issue came out around the time of Claremont's Doom arc but I don't know if that means the coordinated on that. Leonardo Manco drew that issue with the lion wrestling. I think it was most likely a coincidence that Larocca added it in his pages. The Lion goes pretty far back in coats of arms in Europe, which I find to be a bit odd since there were no lions in Medieval England and so forth. Richard the Lion Heart is the most well known in using lions in coats of arms. With Richard III, he used a white boar, which were pretty wild and dangerous creatures in the forests. I think leopards also were used in coats of arms, again a species not usually found in Europe.

When I get a chance I'm going to continue forward from the Claremont FF and see what I can find. But I am pretty sure it appears in either some dialogue or perhaps just as a caption somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Excellent! I wasn't able to find most of the issues of that story arch a few years ago while I was in my quest for Doom's back issues... One more book Marvel has to make available along with all Doom 2099... (Ellis was out of print too soon for me... and no : I won't subscribe to Marvel Unlimited! Lol)

Also I realised that Doctor Doom #1 is out next week! I'm cautiously a bit excited. And I put it on my pull-list today while visiting my LCS....
    I'm looking forward to Thursday or Friday when the lettered preview pages come out.

I really like Marvel Unlimited. I can find some of the more obscure Doom appearances there. It's really hard to track them all though and the character index in Marvel Unlimited in a work in progress. I don't think they have any completed captured all the appearances of all the characters.

BANNED

There's a thread on Marvel Comics about superheroes who have made the most appearances.

So I looked up villains and guess who's #1 (albeit with someone in a close second):

1) Doctor Doom - 835 Appearances
    2) Magneto - 816 Appearances.
    3) Green Goblin/Norman Osborn - 597 Appearances
    4) Kingpin - 533 Appearances
    5) Sabretooth - 499 Appearances
    6) Loki - 493 Appearances
    7) Galactus - 458 Appearances
    8) Mystique - 456 Appearances
    9) Doctor Octopus - 440 Appearances
    10) Thanos - 411 Appearances
    11) Mephisto - 376 Appearances
    12) Red Skull - 358 Appearances
    13) Baron Zemo - 250 Appearances
    14) Ultron - 203 Appearances

I have made 200 a kind of cut off point. The following characters haven't made it to 200 -- The Mandarin (171 Appearances), Mr. Sinister (194 Appearances), Apocalypse (193 Appearances), Mole Man, Puppetmaster, Dormammu, and many classic Ditko Spidey rogues.

If we consider groups then,
    The Sentinels (589 Appearances)
    HYDRA (280 Appearances)
    AIM (214 Appearances)

I'm not surprised that Magneto is second since over the years he's become a regular cast member of X-Men titles. Doom is more like a guest star/villain du jour with multiple title appearances. He does have the edge over that group with number of solo titles, with Doom 2099 running for almost 50 issues.

Astonishing Member

Sad that Thanos is so high, what made him unique was that his appearances were so rare so that when he showed up it was epic, The (real) Captain Marvel Cosmic Cube epic, the Warlock (Soul Gem epic), Death of Captain Marvel, then nothing until he showed back up decades later in Silver Surfer (leading into Infinity Gauntlet) but now he is ubiquitous. It diminishes his appearances potency. Sort of like part of what made the Sinestro Corps War so mind blowing was they used the Anti-Monitor who had NOT been seen since Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now AM shows up more often which diminishes his standing (but not nearly as overused as Thanos is over at Marvel).

Well here is a preview for the new series:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47221-doct...eview.html#s10

Also some news on Boris! Though question did he have a daughter before?