Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thank you all so much for the recs!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

BANNED

Fantastic Four #23 Feb 1964
    The Master Plan of Doctor Doom!
    Doctor Doom recruits three criminals

to help him destroy the Fantastic Four.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by George Roussos [as George Bell]

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

ahhh... The Terrible Trio. Probably Doom's most loyal Henchmen. Haven't seen much of them lately but AFAIK, their last appearance was in the Penance mini series, which was around the time of Civil War.

From what Bull Brogan is saying, it looks like Doom gives out some pretty decent benefits. Maybe Bull Brogan is living on a pension in Latveria.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If this cover didn't make you see the might that is Doom I don't know what would.

Bow to Doom!

One of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    One of my favorites!
    Among my favorites as well. Secret Wars (1984) is an all-time Marvel classic.

This is a bit of good news....looks like Doombot will be repaired. Sadly, this is artist Kris Anka's last issue. I loved his makeover of Doombot with a retro-looking style in men's suits.

from Runaways #18

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-14-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Happy Valentine's Day!

From someone on tumblr. Sadly, I don't have the creators name. But so very SVTU!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Here's an interesting question, should Doom go back to being an FF villain or should he be the more heroic character we saw in the Iron man comics?

I am asking this because I do think the FF's rogues gallery in general, needs a massive revamp and I wonder if Doom leaving the villain game might have these other villains to step their game, because lets face it, a lot of the FF villains have not upped their game that much since the 60s and now seem like totally left behind by the FF, that its hard to see them as real threats, mainly because, lets face it, Doom got the vast majority of the cool moments and complex character moments, which makes sense, Stan and Jack did make him the big bad guy of the FF, so other writers going along with that is natural. But should there be a change in the status quo, Doom leaves villainy behind and these other villains step up or should Doom be a villain and the writers try to keep Doom as the FF's main threat, but give these other villains more to do be compelling villains?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Here's an interesting question, should Doom go back to being an FF villain or should he be the more heroic character we saw in the Iron man comics?

I am asking this because I do think the FF's rogues gallery in general, needs a massive revamp and I wonder if Doom leaving the villain game might have these other villains to step their game, because lets face it, a lot of the FF villains have not upped their game that much since the 60s and now seem like totally left behind by the FF, that its hard to see them as real threats, mainly because, lets face it, Doom got the vast majority of the cool moments and complex character moments, which makes sense, Stan and Jack did make him the big bad guy of the FF, so other writers going along with that is natural. But should there be a change in the status quo, Doom leaves villainy behind and these other villains step up or should Doom be a villain and the writers try to keep Doom as the FF's main threat, but give these other villains more to do be compelling villains?
    Doom absolutely should stay out of Fantastic Four. It always comes back to the dick raising contest with Reed and we've moved past that.

Victor became god and had his little fight with Reed. What more do we really have to see with him that we haven't already as a villain? Been there done that. It's about time that Victor can go off and do something else because the Fantastic Four isn't about Doctor Doom. He's just too interesting of a character that he derails what's happening in Fantastic Four. He's essentially too good for it at this point and should vacate the title so we can focus on other villains.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I agree about Doom staying out of the Fantastic Four for a while after this arc. I don't care much for the advance solicitation where in the last issue of this arc, something cruel occurs:

FF #9 (April 24th)
    "WHAT PRICE VICTORY?"
    • One cruel act will forever change the relationship between the Fantastic Four and Victor Von Doom.
    • The fate of Latveria and of the world and the balance of Cosmic Power in the Universe all rests on one decision!
    • All will be revealed in the terrifying final chapter of "Herald of Doom"!
    Rated T

I hope Slott hasn't introduced this new character Victorious only to have her be some kind of sacrificial lamb so that Doom returns to super-villain stuff. I was hoping that would have been the whole point of the end of Secret Wars and then the follow up with Infamous Iron Man was that their was a sort of epiphany for Victor and the path he chose for himself.

Also, will we ever know what's going on with Amara and the baby? I wasn't all that crazy about that but now that it's out there, are they relying on the readers to just forget about it or will it ever be dealt with?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree about Doom staying out of the Fantastic Four for a while after this arc. I don't care much for the advance solicitation where in the last issue of this arc, something cruel occurs:

FF #9 (April 24th)
    "WHAT PRICE VICTORY?"
    • One cruel act will forever change the relationship between the Fantastic Four and Victor Von Doom.
    • The fate of Latveria and of the world and the balance of Cosmic Power in the Universe all rests on one decision!
    • All will be revealed in the terrifying final chapter of "Herald of Doom"!
    Rated T

I hope Slott hasn't introduced this new character Victorious only to have her be some kind of sacrificial lamb so that Doom returns to super-villain stuff. I was hoping that would have been the whole point of the end of Secret Wars and then the follow up with Infamous Iron Man was that their was a sort of epiphany for Victor and the path he chose for himself.

Also, will we ever know what's going on with Amara and the baby? I wasn't all that crazy about that but now that it's out there, are the relying on the readers to just forget about it or will it ever be dealt with?
    I am waiting to know what they plan to do with that.
    However yeah, I would rather Victor stay out of the FF for a bit, just have him do his own thing and please can we get Kristoff back?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

iMan 42s

You know, that's just it. Doom didn't have to go back in the toy-box.

Kristoff could've taken over, and given how in some ways he'd be inexperienced compared to Victor but has his capabilities, we'd have the chance to see a reinvigorated take on the character. Younger, meaner, maybe even a touch more compassionate with the same sort of drive to protect Latveria in Victor's absence. And because he might not have the same mystical prowess, that can lead to some interesting stories in his attempts with things getting out of hand. One possible example of this is combining his Doom persona with something like his House of M power-set. Maybe in combat acting something like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, a bit more hands on and peels back the armor to reveal a fiery demonic form underneath.

You also had Bendis setting up there being multiple Doombots active in Latveria and thanks to Doombot in Avengers A.I we do know that they can develop on their own. Meaning we could've played up the political angle similarly to the blob except with robots. The green menace that can potentially hide in plain sight looking to conquer America, and adds to the paranoia with whatever Marvel does with the Skrulls for Captain Marvel synergy.

There was also the Galactus-Doom from Marvel Two in One. Sure he's dead, but he can hop bodies, so what if he stealthily hitched a ride back to 616 on our heroes and began body hopping to find a suitable replacement body to match the power he held as Galactus?

And then you also have Victorious whom is a Latverian patriot and might be able to figure something out in how to give herself powers thanks to magic or Victor's left over equipment. She wants Victor back so what if he said no? She'd do it herself and try to lead Latveria back to a "golden age".

We just didn't need him back so soon honestly
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

what are our favorite MF DOOM tracks
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate