Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope you come back and post your thoughts on "Triumph and Torment" and welcome to the rebooted thread!

Did you get the new edition that came out several years ago?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-02-2019 at 09:08 AM.

On another note, a big "Thank You" to Reviresco for getting this new thread for 2019 updated. I was out of town and wasn't aware of the change. I imagine it's caught a lot of us by surprise!

I need to visit the Prince Namor thread when I catch up with my reading. And I know we both share the hope that one day Marvel will revisit the days of Super-Villain Team-Up and maybe Doom will make a guest shot in the Defenders relaunch.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks for that rec list! I'm currently about to start reading triumph and torment and really want to read more Doom this year since he is one of my favorite characters!
    All the work of those more worthy. Though I do need to ask Doomscribe for any updates -- looks like it's been since 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    On another note, a big "Thank You" to Reviresco for getting this new thread for 2019 updated. I was out of town and wasn't aware of the change. I imagine it's caught a lot of us by surprise!

I need to visit the Prince Namor thread when I catch up with my reading. And I know we both share the hope that one day Marvel will revisit the days of Super-Villain Team-Up and maybe Doom will make a guest shot in the Defenders relaunch.
    I would love a Defenders relaunch, but it looks like it is going to be the Invaders this year. And we HOPE for a solo ongoing!

I hope you come back and post your thoughts on "Triumph and Torment" and welcome to the rebooted thread!

That's definitely one of my favorite Doom stories. I hope ImperiusWrecked got the new one, though. It has those two excellent Mignola Namor short stories.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All the work of those more worthy. Though I do need to ask Doomscribe for any updates -- looks like it's been since 2015.

I would love a Defenders relaunch, but it looks like it is going to be the Invaders this year. And we HOPE for a solo ongoing!
    *doh* I think I must have gotten things confused. Is the Invaders a limited series or an ongoing? I bought the Namor one shot but I have to read that one.
    That's definitely one of my favorite Doom stories. I hope ImperiusWrecked got the new one, though. It has those two excellent Mignola Namor short stories.
    I got the new edition too even though I have the original hard cover. I was lucky enough to have the HC signed by Mike Mignola when he was at the first C2E2 comicon in Chicago some years back. I've yet to see Roger Stern booked anywhere or I'd get him to sign too.

The new edition was a very nicely done volume and IIRC those Namor stories came from Marvel Fanfare. For some reason that title seldom showed up at my LCS and I have very, very few of those. I have the one that Barry Windsor Smith did with the Thing on the cover and a very cute story inside.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Marvel Knights just completely shat on Doom.

spoilers:
    He got stomped by the goddamn Kingpin.
    end of spoilers
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

This from Marvelocity:
    Marvelocity Alex Ross cover.jpg

Not sure if this is a variant cover or an illustration from inside the book. I've not purchased the book and my LCS did not have an unwrapped book available to peruse. Alex Ross' art is great but don't know that $50 is worth one or possibly even two Doom paintings. Would prefer to buy a single print.

Hope everyone had a safe New Years and has found themselves able to migrate over to this new thread. Again, was quite confused at first. Huge thanks to Reviresco for firing up the new thread!!!

As to an update to the list, I'll work on it and see if there are stories worth adding.
    Sorry that Marvel Knights screwed the pooch, but I wasn't expecting much since the story had little originality to begin with.

::: sigh :::: Must have been a Doombot.

Here's looking forward to the Galactus showdown.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh wow, can I even say how much I love this comic? I saw a few panels on the internet a while ago and some people rec'd it to me and I was like I have to read this. It was so excellent, I really love the feel of the art and I was not expecting that twist, I knew Doom had freed his mother but not that he had set it up to happen that way. Have strange and doom meet up in other comics? I know they were in the Infamous Ironman comic recently. Can I please get more comics with Boris? I love that character.

I was very surprised to see the Namor stories, I screamed over them, I love the one with the seahorse so much!!! I wish we had more of these kinds of Namor comics. More fantasy and stuff about Neptune etc.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    How? Why? What part of that made any sense? He's not the Hulk so how is that possible?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    How? Why? What part of that made any sense? He's not the Hulk so how is that possible?
    My point.
    Basically he only blasted Fisk's clothes off when he tried to kill him, Fisk was all "you're not that powerful," and then lifted and choked him with one hand and dropped him off a building where he fell to his death, because **** you that's why.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

iMan 42s

My point.
    Basically he only blasted Fisk's clothes off when he tried to kill him, Fisk was all "you're not that powerful," and then lifted and choked him with one hand and dropped him off a building where he fell to his death, because **** you that's why.
    *Screaming*
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I heard of Dr. Doom was from this DOS game, along with a host of other Spider-Man and Cap villains I never heard about. He threatened to nuke the states so Cap and Pete infiltrated Castle Latveria to stop him.

Spider-Man_and_Captain_America_in_Doctor_Doom's_Revenge.jpg

I never finished it. It was too hard.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Sorry that Marvel Knights screwed the pooch, but I wasn't expecting much since the story had little originality to begin with.

::: sigh :::: Must have been a Doombot.

Here's looking forward to the Galactus showdown.
    Indeed! Doombot.

My point.
    *Screaming*
    I think SuperiorIronman's reaction is the entirely appropriate one that I shall adopt. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I heard of Dr. Doom was from this DOS game, along with a host of other Spider-Man and Cap villains I never heard about. He threatened to nuke the states so Cap and Pete infiltrated Castle Latveria to stop him.

Spider-Man_and_Captain_America_in_Doctor_Doom's_Revenge.jpg

I never finished it. It was too hard.
    Waves at Restingvoice.

Wow. I've never seen that game before. Excellent find.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    This from Marvelocity:
    Marvelocity Alex Ross cover.jpg

Not sure if this is a variant cover or an illustration from inside the book. I've not purchased the book and my LCS did not have an unwrapped book available to peruse. Alex Ross' art is great but don't know that $50 is worth one or possibly even two Doom paintings. Would prefer to buy a single print.

Hope everyone had a safe New Years and has found themselves able to migrate over to this new thread. Again, was quite confused at first. Huge thanks to Reviresco for firing up the new thread!!!

As to an update to the list, I'll work on it and see if there are stories worth adding.
    I saw that variant cover for Marvelocity, but I already got the regular version for $20 on Amazon. Barnes and Noble is selling it with a Spidey poster, so you might be able to look at it. Not sure if I would have sprung for the full price, just for a variant. Though, it is a great book if you like Alex Ross art. Ross does love the FF and I think Doom. I wonder if he's got a print, other than the Villains poster / print?

It was no problem, especially since I started with other people's posts. LOL! If I read the announcement correctly, they plan on doing this EVERY year, so at least next year, we'll know and can plan it ahead of time.

Thank you! That would be great. I'll add it when you get to it.

And again, if people have something they want added, just let me know.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I thought Doombot after that scene . I wouldn't say spoilers:
    stomped but throwing Doom off a building shouldn't have that much of an effect.
    end of spoilers Plus, the Kingpin isn't that physically strong. Doom's tangled with the Thing and the Cosmic Hulk robot, both of which are much, much stronger. We'll see....maybe it will come up with a good ending.