Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Waves at Restingvoice.

Wow. I've never seen that game before. Excellent find.
    Yeah, maybe Doomscribe might know of it but I've not seen this. I have a sort of board game called Lands of Doom and I'm sure I bought it because Doomscribe listed it on his old "Den of Madness" site which recorded all things Doom. IMO the two best two games I've played are the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the Marvel Superhero Squad game based on the cartoon. It was a lot of fun....Ravin' Ray was a member there too. I had 2 different versions of Doom on that one. There was Future Foundation Doom in white and classic Doom and I had an Ultron "sidekick"

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Waves at Restingvoice.

Wow. I've never seen that game before. Excellent find.
    *Waves back*

I was like a fetus at that time. I don't even remember if my parents bought it for me or if it was inherited from my older cousin.

Now my first comic reading of Doom in was during Acts of Vengeance. Doom hired Titania to kill Spider-Man and implanted a chip that turned her fear of Spider-Man's cosmic power into anger. I didn't understand the plot at the time so this story plus that game made me think that Doom was a Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know about F4 at that time.

c4a2df8e9e490d3e679eb9882a919167._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I remember one thing that stood out for me was the traitor of the group mentioned that out of all the villains which include Magneto and Kingpin, Doom was the hardest to deceive.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-03-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I thought Doombot after that scene . I wouldn't say spoilers:
    stomped but throwing Doom off a building shouldn't have that much of an effect.
    end of spoilers Plus, the Kingpin isn't that physically strong. Doom's tangled with the Thing and the Cosmic Hulk robot, both of which are much, much stronger. We'll see....maybe it will come up with a good ending.
    Well, for Doom that's a stomping.
    If we're talking Daredevil, no, but Doom has standards.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh wow, can I even say how much I love this comic? I saw a few panels on the internet a while ago and some people rec'd it to me and I was like I have to read this. It was so excellent, I really love the feel of the art and I was not expecting that twist, I knew Doom had freed his mother but not that he had set it up to happen that way. Have strange and doom meet up in other comics? I know they were in the Infamous Ironman comic recently. Can I please get more comics with Boris? I love that character.

I was very surprised to see the Namor stories, I screamed over them, I love the one with the seahorse so much!!! I wish we had more of these kinds of Namor comics. More fantasy and stuff about Neptune etc.
    Yes, me too. I liked that about the Silver Age Sub-Mariner series.

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the book. There was so much goodness inside and well worth the price for the bonus material. I like how Roger Stern made a link between Stephen and Victor's origins, both of which included a trip to the Himalayas. I think that was the first time that it was shown that they passed through the same area at nearly the same time and encountered the Aged Genghis.... but each took a different path.

As for Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom, they really need to get together more often. If you picked up Secret Wars, Stephen was the Sheriff of Battleworld and helped keep order. He also had a guest appearance in Infamous Iron Man. IIRC he was in the last 3 issues. I'd like to see them meet up again some time. I like the current state of the relationship between them. Not really "bosom buddies" but colleagues in the mystic arts.

It always frustrates me when writers don't find a way to include what's left of Doom's "family" and to me that means Boris and Kristoff. The last time I recall Boris appearing was a brief appearance when Val first sneaked away from her parents and teleported to Latveria to make a proposal to Doom. Boris had a couple of lines in that issue. Kristoff had more appearances at least in both Hickman's FF and in New Avengers. Kristoff was present at dinner with his father, Doctor Strange and Reed just after the incursion happened over Latveria. The last time Kristoff has appeared toward the end of Hickman's in NA when Namor was a dinner guest.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yes, me too. I liked that about the Silver Age Sub-Mariner series.

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the book. There was so much goodness inside and well worth the price for the bonus material. I like how Roger Stern made a link between Stephen and Victor's origins, both of which included a trip to the Himalayas. I think that was the first time that it was shown that they passed through the same area at nearly the same time and encountered the Aged Genghis.... but each took a different path.

As for Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom, they really need to get together more often. If you picked up Secret Wars, Stephen was the Sheriff of Battleworld and helped keep order. He also had a guest appearance in Infamous Iron Man. IIRC he was in the last 3 issues. I'd like to see them meet up again some time. I like the current state of the relationship between them. Not really "bosom buddies" but colleagues in the mystic arts.

It always frustrates me when writers don't find a way to include what's left of Doom's "family" and to me that means Boris and Kristoff. The last time I recall Boris appearing was a brief appearance when Val first sneaked away from her parents and teleported to Latveria to make a proposal to Doom. Boris had a couple of lines in that issue. Kristoff had more appearances at least in both Hickman's FF and in New Avengers. Kristoff was present at dinner with his father, Doctor Strange and Reed just after the incursion happened over Latveria. The last time Kristoff has appeared toward the end of Hickman's in NA when Namor was a dinner guest.
    I love Kristoff, and it's like Marvel totally forgot about him? I did read those issues, and doom's dinner with Namor was the best, they really need another team up. I do miss it when Marvel would lean into the fantasy side of Namor's story, it feels lately all the stories are centered around the surface world and of course destroying Atlantis.

I really feel like Kristoff should have been in Latveria for Doom's return after the Infamous Ironman arc was over.

Also for that last issue of Marvel Knights, I really think that is a Doom-bot or something, there is no way Victor would be beaten by Kingpin unless he was one (doom-bot) or if he was faking it for a plan.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love Kristoff, and it's like Marvel totally forgot about him? I did read those issues, and doom's dinner with Namor was the best, they really need another team up. I do miss it when Marvel would lean into the fantasy side of Namor's story, it feels lately all the stories are centered around the surface world and of course destroying Atlantis.

I really feel like Kristoff should have been in Latveria for Doom's return after the Infamous Ironman arc was over.

Also for that last issue of Marvel Knights, I really think that is a Doom-bot or something, there is no way Victor would be beaten by Kingpin unless he was one (doom-bot) or if he was faking it for a plan.
    Yeah, definitely too easy.

More somewhat distressing news Runaways #17 spoiler spoilers:
    Doombot really got trashed but it doesn't look fatal. One of his arms was torn off. The story indicates he was going to get help. Definitely a gap between the end of last issue and this one. We only see him after the fact on the opening page.
    end of spoilers

I hope to see more of Doom interacting with Namor, Tony or Doctor Strange. It's pretty much obligatory that he appear in the Fantastic Four but many times its' his appearances outside the FF that turn out to be more interesting. But there is a change in how Reed and Victor interact, at least from what we saw of their last meeting in Marvel Two In One. It looks like Victor is going to continue their rivalry but this time in trying to outshine Reed in heroics.

Dan Slott seems to bring up neglected characters though so I'm hoping to see Boris or Kristoff there. How can he restore his home in Latveria without them being there in residence also? I really want to see Doom get his face restored again, if only for Kristoff and Val to see him.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I heard of Dr. Doom was from this DOS game, along with a host of other Spider-Man and Cap villains I never heard about. He threatened to nuke the states so Cap and Pete infiltrated Castle Latveria to stop him.

Attachment 75873

I never finished it. It was too hard.
    I was never able to play the game. It's on very old school floppy discs (1989 - C64), and I tried to get my tech guy to translate into something I could use on a windows computer, but was never able to get it done.

The game does come with a comic book that is open-ended: it sets up the scene and starts the heroes on their quests, but ends just as they reach Latveria. The 16 page comic book (if you can call it that) wasn't bad actually. I've attached a couple of scans. Sadly the comic book was packed in the game rolled up, so the value of the book is really just its rarity.

Dr Dooms Revenge 1 pg1.jpg

Dr Dooms Revenge 1 pg11.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Here's what the game looks like. You can find copies online or on ebay.
    Doctor Dooms Revenge Marvel Empire 1989 C64 Disk.jpg

The TSR Game Lands of Dr Doom - a role playing game, came out in 1992. I never played but it had loads of original material in the accompanying books, which are well worth it if you can find it.

Lands of Dr Doom TSR1992.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 01-03-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

double post
    "Because ... I am Doom

Mine had the handbook listing all the enemies stats in it and the disk but didn't have the comic prologue.
    Probably bootlegged... or my older cousin kept the comic if it actually came from my older cousin.

The comic continues in the game, where you click on one of the panels depicting an enemy attack to begin fighting fighting said enemy.

Control's pretty stiff. When you press the key to jump, the character jumped in a preset distance. There's no adjusting where you fall like in 16 bit games and beyond.
    Then there's an instant kill robot bomb random encounter that jumps from one end of the room to the other where your character's standing so you have to react and jump at the right time. It was not pleasant.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yeah, maybe Doomscribe might know of it but I've not seen this. I have a sort of board game called Lands of Doom and I'm sure I bought it because Doomscribe listed it on his old "Den of Madness" site which recorded all things Doom. IMO the two best two games I've played are the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the Marvel Superhero Squad game based on the cartoon. It was a lot of fun....Ravin' Ray was a member there too. I had 2 different versions of Doom on that one. There was Future Foundation Doom in white and classic Doom and I had an Ultron "sidekick"

Ultron sidekick! LOL! I remember that Marvel Superhero Squad game. Is that still open?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    The TSR Game Lands of Dr Doom - a role playing game, came out in 1992. I never played but it had loads of original material in the accompanying books, which are well worth it if you can find it.

OMG. I didn't realize that was a RPG campaign guide! I must have it! Oh no. Wait! There's another one!

Wow. Here's a write up about the all the campaign stuff!

http://www.waynesbooks.com/marvelsuperheroes.html

LANDS OF DOOM BOX SET
    CONTENTS:
    • Domains of Doom, a 96-page book with Doom's history, a bibliography, a chronology of comic book appearances, an atlas of Latveria, Symkaria, and Transia.
    • Machines of Doom, a 64-page book with new rules for technology and Doom's inventions.
    • Deeds of Doom, a 32-page book of adventures.
    • Two poster maps covering Castle Doom and Doomstadt.

"Know this now—and know it forever! DOCTOR DOOM has no rivals! None! NONE! In all the world, there is none to match me! None can rival DR. DOOM in total mastery of the diabolical!!"
    (Text by Stan Lee, FANTASTIC FOUR #85)

For years, the secrets of the metal-clad monarch known as Victor Von Doom have remained his own. Now, in this 30th year as the premiere villain of the Marvel Comics universe, all those secrets are revealed to the world!

The Lands of DOCTOR DOOM Campaign Set is a comprehensive source on Doctor Doom, providing a closely detailed history, as well as delving into his "unrivalled" psyche to discover who truly lurks behind the iron mask. Marvel Europe is also drawn into the spotlight, exposing everything from the tourism to the technology of the Balkan States. Learn about Latveria, home of Doom and self-proclaimed "Gem of the Balkans." Discover Symkaria, home to Silver Sabre and her Wild Pack. Wonder at the wondrous Mount Wundagore in Transia, sometime-home to the High Evolutionary and prison of the Elder God Chthon. All this and more is waiting within The Lands of DR. DOOM Campaign Set."

1992 ... Anthony Herring & Scott Davis & Steven Schend ... TSR 6905 ... ISBN 156076404X
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Really looking forward the next issue of the Fantastic Four.
    Doctor Doom against Galactus should be awesome.
    The first story i read with Doctor Doom was a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man#5.
    And some time later were the Doctor Doom stories from the John Byrne run in Fantastic Four.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I don't know if this was posted in the previous thread, but this was on Aaron Kuder's instgram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJNNj5h...on_share_sheet
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Here's what the game looks like. You can find copies online or on ebay.
    Doctor Dooms Revenge Marvel Empire 1989 C64 Disk.jpg

TSR? So it's like D&D? As in, not a video game, but tabletop?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    TSR? So it's like D&D? As in, not a video game, but tabletop?
    Correct. I'll have to dig out my component. I never saw the ones Reviresco posted about, the Machines of Doom etc. Now I want to find that!