Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

I can't stand Larocca art. Disappointing news. But it's great Doom is getting a book.

BANNED

Well, this is welcome news indeed. Infamous Iron Man ended in September 2017, meaning that Doctor Doom #1 in October will mark nearly exactly two years since we last had a Doom book. It's been quite a wait but given the 23 year gap between Doom 2099 and Infamous Iron Man I guess that I can't complain too much. Here's to the future and may this new book prove worthy of Doom himself!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I'm thinking it's about time, probably overdue. We've had little teases now and again but nothing since Doom 2099 to really sink our teeth in. I don't count Infamous Iron Man because it was ultimately sold as being an Iron Man title. Let Doom be Doom, shine on his own merits. Color me hopeful and cautiously excited.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I find it very encouraging that Marvel is putting out another Doom solo and promising that it will be an ongoing. The sales on Infamous Iron Man were pretty good , not spectacular. But I think it had a loyal audience that didn't drift away. It stayed in the top 100 and was about the same ranking as Black Panther's solo. Let's hope that the art stays consistent, which IMO was a big plus for Infamous Iron Man. Maleev stayed with the title all the way through.

I believe they reveled a Marvel Legends Dr Doom figure at SDCC:

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

iMan 42s

Hopefully it'll be kept out of Slott affairs for its first year and that Marvel promotes it better than Infamous was.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

A new Doom series? Thsys great news...a Nate Grey crossover, Hickman writing Magneto, and now this? What a 2019 summer.

Doom will be pleased. Doom will be very pleased, indeed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I believe they reveled a Marvel Legends Dr Doom figure at SDCC:

Thanks, Crimz. This news must have come out late. Now I have a companion piece to my Infamous Iron Man. I like the multiple texture looks to this. I almost thought it was real fabric. And the bit of chain mail detail is pretty cool too

I'm really looking forward to having an issue of Doctor Doom to discuss here on CBR each month.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2019 at 09:31 AM.

BANNED

Great news about the ongoing. This will go to my pull list no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Great news about the ongoing. This will go to my pull list no questions asked.

Welcome aboard. Let's hope the fans can keep this series going for a nice long run!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So now Doctor Doom will be getting a solo comic, a new actions figure, and also there will be a new funko pop! I for one, will be getting all of these Doom merch and comics, what a great year to be a Doom Fan.

link This is the same twitter account that said the Namor and Original Human Torch funkos were coming out before the news was out so I trust it.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Wow. I will be looking for some of those Funko Pop figures to show up. I wish they would make a Rock Candy version for Sue, Crystal and Medusa. I have a few of those like Lady Thor, She Hulk and Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel and Elvira Mistress of the Dark I haven't seen a lot of these in the stores lately for some reason because I've not seen the Hela, Dark Phoenix Black Widow, Red She Hulk ones that came out. Bat Girl is cute too. Just can't figure out why so few stores in my area have them in stock.

I have the Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange Funko Pops from several years ago. I regret not buying the Metallic Doom and it goes for crazy prices on the secondary market. Even the one I have goes for up to $300 on eBay. Just ran a quick check on eBay for Metallic Doom and I'm seeing prices as high as $1,000! I did see one in a store but for some reason, didn't buy it that day. When I went back, it was gone.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Has anyone noticed yet the misspelling of Super Skrull from that twitter account?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-20-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yes, They are not an official marvel or funko account but they have said that namor and jim 80th anniversary funkos would be out weeks before it was actually announced by Marvel or funko. So I keep an eye on them for news.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis