Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too! I like seeing Cantwell as the writer on this. I thought his Doom story in War Scrolls showed that he has a good grasp of the character
    I think he created / wrote Halt and Catch Fire, which I really enjoyed ... though a big part of that was Lee Pace.

You wouldn't believe how thin my pull list. This is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I believe they reveled a Marvel Legends Dr Doom figure at SDCC:

That looks awesome! I like it much better than the Infamous one. This will go on my buy list for sure.

They already have a cover for issue #2 and this artist does use the fur. Can't tell right off who the artist is. Issue #1 comes out in October

Gorgeous!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Variant Doctor Doom series covers by Art Adams and Mike Deodato

BANNED

I'm loving this Mike Deodato variant, I actually prefer it to the standard cover. I just hope this variant isn't going to be too hard to track down for my collection. I buy most things through ComiXology but I still occasionally buy physical issues when it's something special. Like Infamous Iron Man before it I intend to be going both digital and physical for Doctor Doom.

I like the colors being used there too, like a fiery sunset

I also did the same with getting both a physical and digital issue with Infamous Iron Man. Having the single issues of Books of Doom, I had wanted to get the TPB or the Hardcover but waited too long. I've seen some HC go for around $200. So I did get a digital version of that too.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Fantastic Four #14 Variant Cover art by Ryan Brown

Those other covers look amazing! Has Marvel said when the series will be released?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

Those other covers look amazing! Has Marvel said when the series will be released?
    It's almost like I'm looking at Doom physically receiving the reset button.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's almost like I'm looking at Doom physically receiving the reset button.
    Good observation . So I'm guessing Doom will be getting more variant covers. I don't buy variant covers as a rule but these days it's possible to order them since I think they dropped that tactic of making the vendor buy a certain amount of regular issues in order to receive one.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

I scrolled to the bottom of the Newsarama article about October releases and it says October 9th
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-25-2019 at 11:47 PM.

BANNED

So what's gonna be the theme of the Doom book? Is he turning face again and the villainy of recent disappears?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    So what's gonna be the theme of the Doom book? Is he turning face again and the villainy of recent disappears?
    Basically more or less Infamous Iron man. He wont have access to his resources and will be flying solo.

Victor Von Doom – scientist, sorcerer, disfigured face, twisted soul – has been spending much of his time warning against a trillion-dollar global effort to create the first “artificial” black hole. Wrestling with visions of an entirely different life…a better future… DOCTOR DOOM finds himself at a crossroads. (what is he questioning?) A catastrophic act of terrorism kills thousands, and the prime suspect is… DOOM? Victor will have to push his unexplained thoughts aside and focus on remaining alive as the title of “Most Wanted Man” is thrust upon him…. Left with no homeland, no armies, no allies, indeed, nothing at all, will the reign of Doctor Doom come to an abrupt halt?

We weirdly went from Infamous Iron man to the reset button and that battery plot to doing the status-quo of Infamous again but this time in Doom's "regular" gear. It may be a different coat of paint but I feel like this is going to be fairly close to Infamous.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I certainly hope so too. In the meantime, they are coming out with a "Bring on the Bad Guys" branded variant (I got that book as a birthday present years ago) for Fantastic Four #13 coming out August 13. For once, the Fantastic Four is ahead of schedule. Since #12 comes out next week.

BANNED

Basically more or less Infamous Iron man. He wont have access to his resources and will be flying solo.

Victor Von Doom – scientist, sorcerer, disfigured face, twisted soul – has been spending much of his time warning against a trillion-dollar global effort to create the first “artificial” black hole. Wrestling with visions of an entirely different life…a better future… DOCTOR DOOM finds himself at a crossroads. (what is he questioning?) A catastrophic act of terrorism kills thousands, and the prime suspect is… DOOM? Victor will have to push his unexplained thoughts aside and focus on remaining alive as the title of “Most Wanted Man” is thrust upon him…. Left with no homeland, no armies, no allies, indeed, nothing at all, will the reign of Doctor Doom come to an abrupt halt?

We weirdly went from Infamous Iron man to the reset button and that battery plot to doing the status-quo of Infamous again but this time in Doom's "regular" gear. It may be a different coat of paint but I feel like this is going to be fairly close to Infamous.
    So basically the Black Panther as Daredevil set up? Odd.

I just remembered something that I feel stupid for forgetting. And that is the part where Doom had the vision of Tony Stark as Tony Stark - Sorcerer Supreme in some utopian future and he gave some kind of gibberish warning to Doom before he lost conciousness. Do you think that vision mentioned in the promo is tying in with that?

I guess it may just be one of those dangling plots that are abandoned, never to be touched up again, like;

The possible ancestor of Doom's that the Red Skull's minions discovered from some Medieval texts from Germany
    In Invincible Iron Man, what did Tony want to talk to Victor about when Tony trapped him in some kind of force bubble?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-26-2019 at 11:44 PM.

iMan 42s

That would definitely be a thing to tie into but I have my doubts that this is what that is though.

It's entirely possible that Dan Slott being a big name and having enough draw that he'd just be allowed to do the battery story while Marvel focuses on the actual follow-up. However I think the reality is that it's just coincidental. If I'm being completely honest, I think this has something to do with Slott's chronic lateness on Fantastic Four. Whatever he wanted to do he just wasn't putting the book out on time and somebody with a good pitch got a Doom solo.

If there was going to be a follow-up it would've been done at the time despite Bendis's abrupt departure. We wouldn't have sat through Slott if Marvel was committed to following up on it. It's probably just coincidental but I'd love to be wrong.

I just remembered something that I feel stupid for forgetting. And that is the part where Doom had the vision of Tony Stark as Tony Stark in some utopian future and he gave some kind of gibberish warning to Doom before he lost conciousness. Do you think that vision mentioned in the promo is tying in with that?

I guess it may just be one of those dangling plots that are abandoned, never to be touched up again, like;

The possible ancestor of Doom's that the Red Skull's minions discovered from some Medieval texts from Germany
    In Invincible Iron Man, what did Tony want to talk to Victor about when Tony trapped him in some kind of force bubble?
    A Bendis plot? Being tied up by other writers???

I kid but I had been wondering about that too. What a mess. The random pregnancy, the future visions of Tony as Sorceror Supreme, whatever he disappeared and discussed with Tony during CWII...then somehow being bested by the Hood, getting disfigured again (never hearing from the Hood thereafter), and then the Heel turn under Slott's pen.

I get it you can't have everyone pull a Magneto, but Doom was Magneto before Magneto. I think Hickman made the full realization of Byrne and Kirby's Doom...that last page in Secret Wars #9 should've been the new status quo heading forward. Let's hope they can find a way to get back to that

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    A Bendis plot? Being tied up by other writers???

I kid but I had been wondering about that too. What a mess. The random pregnancy, the future visions of Tony as Sorceror Supreme, whatever he disappeared and discussed with Tony during CWII...then somehow being bested by the Hood, getting disfigured again (never hearing from the Hood thereafter), and then the Heel turn under Slott's pen.

I get it you can't have everyone pull a Magneto, but Doom was Magneto before Magneto. I think Hickman made the full realization of Byrne and Kirby's Doom...that last page in Secret Wars #9 should've been the new status quo heading forward. Let's hope they can find a way to get back to that
    Exactly my feelings at the time I read that last Doom page in Secret Wars and I am sure we here are not alone in that. I will always give Bendis major credit for seeing that there should have been a different Doom that emerged from that ending. The only follow up I'm not that crazy about is how Zdarsky showed a flashback to Reed giving Victor a mind wipe. Until I saw that scene, I was always puzzled that Doom thought Ben was lying and leading Johnny on when Ben wanted to go looking for Reed and the others with the multi sect.

But I think it was an editorial request/mandate that Bendis would have Doom's face is messed up again and Zdarsky to write Doom as having no memory of seeing Reed after he lost his powers to him.

Oh , and I went back and corrected my post. I had meant to refer to the Tony Stark, Sorcerer Supreme moment that you mention but screwed it up.

Bolded the part about Magneto. I've come across Magento fans that really hate when I post similar statements. Stan was still on board as EIC when they first started making Doom more of a morally gray character. I think a lot of his statements about Doom over the years and most notably a few years before he passed away bear that out.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-26-2019 at 11:59 PM.