Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Artists on Twitter who love Doom

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-24-2019 at 11:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Those are the most difficult to find. Since they did an upgrade on Marvel Unlimited, their search index is not as good. It seems to me it is in complete and the misses a lot of common appearances of characters. I remember that one story about Doom and Magneto sharing their thoughts with each other about their origins. Maybe it was it that. I know John Byrne drew it but he didn't write it. I just can't remember what comic it was in just now
    The Magneto/Doom memory standstill story was X Factor Annual #4. They made sure they had their ego, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities on full display..Doom bringing up how his child died and him being a what he became and Magneto looking at his past and labels him petty for knowing deep down that Reed was right. Very interesting issue.

BANNED

Thanks. I will have to check that out!
    Here it go

Install

MARVEL DATABASE

MARVEL DATABASE

X-Men and Dr. Doom Annual Vol 1 1998

Textless (Wraparound)

Wraparound Cover

X-Men Annual Vol 1 #1

PublishedJune, 1998

Editor-in-Chief

Bob Harras

Cover Artist

Dusty Abell

Writer

Jorge Gonzalez

Penciler

Aaron Lopresti

Inker

Art Thibert
    Jaime Mendoza

Colourist

Shannon Blanchard

Letterer

Richard Starkings
    Dave Lanphear

Editor

Frank Pittarese

Previous Issue

Next Issue

X-Men Annual Vol 2 #1997

X-Men Annual Vol 2 #1999

Bring Your Marvel Movies TogetherDOWNLOAD THE APP

Knowledge is power. In all the universe there is no greater truth. And I do not intend to share it!DOCTOR DOOM

Appearing in "Doom Quest"

Featured Characters:

|linkAvengers Vol 1 1.5]] Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) |linkFantastic Four Vol 1 23]]

Supporting Characters:

Seer (Only appearance; dies)

[1]

X-Men

Cyclops (Scott Summers)

Jean Grey

Beast (Hank McCoy)

Iceman (Bobby Drake)

Angel (Warren Worthington Ⅲ)

Wolverine (Logan)

Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)

Colossus (Peter Rasputin)

Storm (Ororo Munroe)

Banshee (Sean Cassidy)

Professor X (Charles Xavier)

Thunderbird (John Proudstar)

Gambit (Remy LeBeau)

Rogue (Anna Marie) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Villains:

Onslaught (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

(Mentioned)

Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Sentinels

Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey)

Brood

Other Characters:

Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Ka-Zar

Fantastic Four (Mentioned)

Binary (Carol Danvers)

Corsair (Christopher Summers)

Lilandra

Races and Species:

Locations:

Earth

Europe

Latveria

Doomstadt

Castle Doom

France

Paris

Island of the City (First appearance)

Palace of the City (First appearance)

Palace of Justice (First appearance)

South America (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Santo Marco (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Antarctica

Savage Land

North America

United States of America

New York

New York City

Manhattan

Midtown

42nd Street

and

Madison Avenue

Baxter Building

Westchester County

North Salem

Salem Center

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

Earth Orbit

Avalon

Items:

Doctor Doom's Armor

Iron Man Armor MK V (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)

Magneto's Helmet

Doctor Doom's Time Platform

Cyclops' Visor

Fuel tankElectric eye beam

Phoenix Force

Absorption transducer module

Vehicles:

Wheelchair

Synopsis for "Doom Quest"

Several years ago, Seer, a man with precognitive and psionic abilities working for Doctor Doom, has a vision of an extremely powerful being known as the Onslaught. The always power-hungry Doom wishes to learn more about this almighty creature, hoping he may be able to harness its power. Having discerned a similarity between Onslaught and Magneto, the villain who recently made his public debut, he decides to pry further. With his machines, he and Seer begin making time-jumps, first to the past and then to the future, to find out the circumstances leading to the birth of Onslaught. After Seer mentally establishes a connection with Magneto, he and Doom begin tracking him down in significant events across the years. After several travels across time which prove fruitless, Seer has a brief encounter with Onslaught in the astral plane and discerns traces of Professor X’s psyche in the entity. He suggests they should track down Professor X, rather than Magneto, in order to solve the Onslaught mystery. After a few more time-jumps, they finally arrive at the pivotal moment in which Professor X shut down Magneto’s mind. Doom and Seer both witness the birth of the evil known as the Onslaught. However, as Doom attempts to siphon its power, the Onslaught entity fights back and yanks them back to their proper timeline. Despite failing in his mission, Doom relishes in his knowledge of the future and slays Seer, unwilling to share the power that comes with this knowledge.

Thanks.

While checking on the Marvel Unlimited section of comics, I noticed they added a bunch of Doom 2088 issues, in fact all of the Warren Ellis ones from #24 - #39. They came out the week of Sept 8-14. Now if they will only produce digital editions of the first 23 issues!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thanks.

While checking on the Marvel Unlimited section of comics, I noticed they added a bunch of Doom 2088 issues, in fact all of the Warren Ellis ones from #24 - #39. They came out the week of Sept 8-14. Now if they will only produce digital editions of the first 23 issues!
    Well, looks like they FINALLY came thru. Though I was hoping after that article, that they would have some other issues. But it makes sense they added the ones they had already cleaned up for the Ellis trade.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Found on twitter. I love these old adverts!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I love those old adds! I remember being disappointed with the Doom action figure because he has no cape! The toy company didn't add that to the figure, which is why he is drawn like that in the comic. At least that is what I recall was the explanation.

I have those DVDS that a company called Gitcorp produced some years back where they just scanned a bunch of comics. Marvel hadn't started much digitizing yet. The fun part about those DVDs is they include the ads and the letters pages.

Now I haven't looked at all of them yet but a couple of the Doom 2099 issues I looked at on Mu included the letters pages. I think they only recently started doing that on MU.

I love those old adds! I remember being disappointed with the Doom action figure because he has no cape! The toy company didn't add that to the figure, which is why he is drawn like that in the comic. At least that is what I recall was the explanation.

I have those DVDS that a company called Gitcorp produced some years back where they just scanned a bunch of comics. Marvel hadn't started much digitizing yet. The fun part about those DVDs is they include the ads and the letters pages.

Now I haven't looked at all of them yet but a couple of the Doom 2099 issues I looked at on Mu included the letters pages. I think they only recently started doing that on MU.
    Maybe Doom's action figure got lucky, especially when you consider how Hobgoblin's action figure turned out.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I need some help? I was told that one of Victor's nicknames is the "Lion of Latveria" and I have been searching high and low for where that reference came about, was it in a comic? said by a creator? on some info page? I just need proof that this nickname exists in canon and where it came from! Thank you!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I'm sure I've heard the "Lion of Latveria" reference too, but have no idea where. I'm guessing that it would have been fairly recently, like within the last 15 years. Still, that doesn't really narrow it down very much.

If you were to search comic books, perhaps the Hickman runs would be where I'd start. I don't think it has anything to do with the Naked Doom lion wrassling issues. Good luck.
    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I'm sure I've heard the "Lion of Latveria" reference too, but have no idea where. I'm guessing that it would have been fairly recently, like within the last 15 years. Still, that doesn't really narrow it down very much.

If you were to search comic books, perhaps the Hickman runs would be where I'd start. I don't think it has anything to do with the Naked Doom lion wrassling issues. Good luck.
    DS
    Thank you, I will continue my search and I hope I find it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I know I've seen it somewhere too. I will check around too.

In the meantime, in the first issue of Strikeforce, we get a shout out to Triumph and Torment. I think it would have been funnier if Wiccan said he heard about the story of Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom fighting from Doom himself saying, "well, he was almost my step father!"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I read that too Iron Maiden, and in the original story the temple crumbled to dust so something (or someone) rebuilt it. And Wiccan mispronounced the "Vishanti", something that Doom would upbraid him for if he was there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I read that too Iron Maiden, and in the original story the temple crumbled to dust so something (or someone) rebuilt it. And Wiccan mispronounced the "Vishanti", something that Doom would upbraid him for if he was there.
    Ah! I missed that misspelling. Someone at Marvel is not doing their job as proofreader!

As for the temple itself I imagine it regenerates from time to time, probably for the next time their are trials for determining the right to hold the title of Sorcerer Supreme

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Here's an interesting discovery I made over the weekend. Sean Patrick Reiley aka Seanbaby has Hostess Ads page on his website. It turns out he co-opted a Doombot to provide commentary for many of the ads, Marvel and DC alike! Like this one:

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/v2thing04.htm

The commenatary is actual text, not an image, so it can't be shown here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES