Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    I remember that site! It was awesome. Its how I pieced together a lot of my collection
    I wish I had thought of that back then. I tried Marvel Unlimited but I noticed that there are gaps there, naturally because not all comics have been digitized or loaded yet. They still don't have the complete set of Doom 2099. Just the Warren Ellis issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Let's all buy two copies next week
    Done and done!

So...any news on a movie for the greatest super villain of ALL super villains?

Venom did pretty well at the box office...Joker appears on track for 80 million + this weekend (domestic).

I just dont want this aspect of the market already tapped (Fox/Magneto). I feel like if the MCU is going to pull the trigger on Doom, it needs to be sooner rather than later.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Done and done!

So...any news on a movie for the greatest super villain of ALL super villains?

Venom did pretty well at the box office...Joker appears on track for 80 million + this weekend (domestic).

I just dont want this aspect of the market already tapped (Fox/Magneto). I feel like if the MCU is going to pull the trigger on Doom, it needs to be sooner rather than later.

There's been mostly rumors ever since Noah Hawley submitted a script to Fox before Fox gave up and allowed Disney to buy back the Marvel properties they've held over the years. So the Fox project was never launched and Hawley has stated that he had been talking with Kevin Feige but that was earlier this year.

I always thought he was on the right track when you read any of the descriptions he gave about the movie. He said his script is more like a geopolitical or cold war thriller like Winter Soldier. The plot centered around Doom granting an interview to a female journalist after he has been in power for a while, sealing off Latveria in the process. It sound like it has elements of Books of Doom in that respect.

My hunch has been, and I know many fans probably expect this, Doom will appear in the MCU the same way they've done with other characters and they will be in one those end of credits scene. He doesn't even need to be cast at the point....you can just show a brief scene. The MCU version of the Red Skull stole this scene from a Fantastic Four appearance but l liked the part where Zola comes into a room where the Schmidt is having his portrait done without his human mask disguise. I would stage the scene differently though, make it less ornate and a more sinister atmosphere

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-05-2019 at 01:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The plot centered around Doom granting an interview to a female journalist after he has been in power for a while, sealing off Latveria in the process. It sound like it has elements of Books of Doom in that respect.
    The way going forward is to show Doom as a new emerging figure. In the MCU, we've been told that Sokovia fought a civil war right, well now we find out who's the other side of that...Latveria. After the Ultron Sokovia attack and so on, he conquers and takes over the land establishes the old republic of Latveria, under his regime.

And suddenly that makes everyone's head turn since that's not what people planned and so on. That also makes him an enemy of Scarlet Witch since she's anti-Latverian or whatever. So Doom automaticallly would have pissed off many people at once.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    I remember that site! It was awesome. Its how I pieced together a lot of my collection
    Thanks Spike and IM, it was a labor of ... well, insanity really.

The data base I have is on Excel, and it's huge, I don't know of anyway to properly post it. Plus I'm constantly adding to it. If I ever have the time I will look into some way to make it accessible to fellow doom-o-philes. As it is, I never did finish what I wanted to do with the Den of Madness.
    such is life ...
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

The data base I have is on Excel, and it's huge, I don't know of anyway to properly post it. Plus I'm constantly adding to it. If I ever have the time I will look into some way to make it accessible to fellow doom-o-philes. As it is, I never did finish what I wanted to do with the Den of Madness.
    such is life ...
    ds
    I think the only way to do it would be an email attachment. Unless there is some hosting site that would accept files other that image types. I can check around. There might be some free FTP sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The way going forward is to show Doom as a new emerging figure. In the MCU, we've been told that Sokovia fought a civil war right, well now we find out who's the other side of that...Latveria. After the Ultron Sokovia attack and so on, he conquers and takes over the land establishes the old republic of Latveria, under his regime.

And suddenly that makes everyone's head turn since that's not what people planned and so on. That also makes him an enemy of Scarlet Witch since she's anti-Latverian or whatever. So Doom automaticallly would have pissed off many people at once.
    I can agree with that. I didn't phrase it well but yes, definitely after some kind of regime change, or violent coup staged by Doom. But we would see him after the dust has settled and he is the new ruler of the country. I got tied up with something and left my post in edit mode for a couple hours but I added the Kirby scene, which the CA: First Avenger scene with the Red Skull used I imagine as an homage to Kirby's.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

such is life ...
    ds
    Google drive allows for up to 15gb of storage for free, and would allow editing. We use it at work for excel sharing. I would absolutely love it if possible!

Sounds like a good option! Thanks! I just remembered we used to use Filezilla at work so that is another to try out

That would be amazing!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Alex Maleev has struck again! He posted this commission he did at NYCC this past weekend, titled Scarred Doom

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

If only they had the guts to have Wanda willingly marry Doom to end Crusade..I wonder just how different things would be today..especially with Doom eventually turning face anyway.

Nice one by Molina. All these artists seem to be in a Doomy mood lately. I've seen several on Twitter today.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    If only they had the guts to have Wanda willingly marry Doom to end Crusade..I wonder just how different things would be today..especially with Doom eventually turning face anyway.
    I was surprised that Heinberg included Doom in the story in the first place, particularly in a more romantic vein. I think that writers, particularly a freelancer, have to work within the constraints that they are given. I can understand why it played out the way it did. This was Wanda's first major appearance after being in comic book exile for far too long IMO. And Doom as a character has a lot of baggage. He wasn't seeking a better path the way he did in Infamous Iron Man at that point int time. Maybe TPTB thought it would hamper Wanda's path back to redemption if she became linked to Doom. I just wish they hadn't decided to tie Doom to Cassie's death.

It all played out in a peculiar manner. There was a chaotic scene with Doom vs about a dozen heroes and in the heat of battle Cassie gets killed. And no one present seems to notice for several pages. I don't even think Doom realized he struck out with lethal force. But most peculiar is that no one says anything about going after him. Maybe they all felt some responsibility for not keeping her out of harm's way. She was too young to be mixed up with that.

So having Wanda go off and continue with the marriage would have struck the wrong note IMO. If Cassie hadn't been killed, maybe it could have been pulled off for a while. It is kind of amusing how many almost marriages Doom has had over the years.