Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

I'm baffled and shocked by how a writer can so effortlessly screw up in a match-up like this.

Did I miss a power boost somewhere?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

I think I might warn about this now because I'm pretty sure Future Fight just spoiled this for Victorious, and also kind of hikes up my disdain for the whole thing. Sure I could be completely off-base here, but seeing that Marvel Knights thing has me worried enough that it is how this will go down.

spoilers:
    Victorious is apparently empowered with cosmic energies by Doom, considering we see Galactus coming to Latveria it seems to me that Doom has summoned him there. Essentially in that Doom summons Galactus and in the process of taking some power or afterwards makes his statement to the world that he is protecting them to cover his ass. So not only is Victorious going to be someone who managed to bring a jaded god back to the throne like nothing ever happened after maybe a minute or two pep-talk, but Doom thinks she's so awesome that she gets cosmic powers from Galactus to boot. Basically threatening the planet or at least the people of Latveria to empower a woman whom he'd only just met to be Latveria's Captain America with Cosmic power despite him creating just as formidable servants and armors.

I sincerely hope that I just don't have all the pieces yet because in context theirs like a step or six missing here. I would prefer we not go through the Riri Williams thing in this thread.
    end of spoilers
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    In other news, it looks like I'm going to happily eat my words, and that there's a blizzard in hell today! Namor is going to appear with God Emperor Doom in the Puzzle Quest game!
    I defeated DOOM! lol, still working on it but it's great to see Doom and Namor and the FF finally getting some more attention.

About what happened with Kingpin, I'm just going to call it a Doom-Bot until proven otherwise but that is just insane. Doom is way more powerful than Fisk.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I defeated DOOM! lol, still working on it but it's great to see Doom and Namor and the FF finally getting some more attention.

About what happened with Kingpin, I'm just going to call it a Doom-Bot until proven otherwise but that is just insane. Doom is way more powerful than Fisk.
    exactly. If Doom can go toe to toe with the Thing even before his armor got enhanced over the years, Fisk banging on it would be like a mosquito. Lower level Doombot is the only answer. He has some for combat and some that are just standins,

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I think I might warn about this now because I'm pretty sure Future Fight just spoiled this for Victorious, and also kind of hikes up my disdain for the whole thing. Sure I could be completely off-base here, but seeing that Marvel Knights thing has me worried enough that it is how this will go down.

spoilers:
    Victorious is apparently empowered with cosmic energies by Doom, considering we see Galactus coming to Latveria it seems to me that Doom has summoned him there. Essentially in that Doom summons Galactus and in the process of taking some power or afterwards makes his statement to the world that he is protecting them to cover his ass. So not only is Victorious going to be someone who managed to bring a jaded god back to the throne like nothing ever happened after maybe a minute or two pep-talk, but Doom thinks she's so awesome that she gets cosmic powers from Galactus to boot. Basically threatening the planet or at least the people of Latveria to empower a woman whom he'd only just met to be Latveria's Captain America with Cosmic power despite him creating just as formidable servants and armors.

I sincerely hope that I just don't have all the pieces yet because in context theirs like a step or six missing here. I would prefer we not go through the Riri Williams thing in this thread.
    end of spoilers
    So this is from a cut scene from the game? Are games known to be in sync with the comics?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Digifiend posted the FF #6 preview at the FF thread. Behold Doom in all his glory!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...tastic-four-6/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks for the link. Nice work by Aaron Kuder on the art. I wonder if we will get more info on Victorious's powers and how she got them.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So this is from a cut scene from the game? Are games known to be in sync with the comics?
    It's more that it's in her bio in the game. I just put it together from what we know of in the comic preview and the trends at Marvel over the past couple of years from Riri to Silk. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but that does match up. The games tend to take a broad stroke to continuity unless it's something really specific but usually you'll end up knowing accurate information.

I don't know if or why they would alter the origin just so it doesn't spoil the comic. You'd think they would just hold off but considering that this run has had some considerable delays and these sort of things for games are prepped months in advance. It's probably that it was meant to come out after this comic released but the timing got screwed up. That being said, I could still be off-base about this because it doesn't say all that much. But if that is true it's kind of a weird way to release a spoiler considering she is a paid character and that they could delay that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's more that it's in her bio in the game. I just put it together from what we know of in the comic preview and the trends at Marvel over the past couple of years from Riri to Silk. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but that does match up. The games tend to take a broad stroke to continuity unless it's something really specific but usually you'll end up knowing accurate information.

I don't know if or why they would alter the origin just so it doesn't spoil the comic. You'd think they would just hold off but considering that this run has had some considerable delays and these sort of things for games are prepped months in advance. It's probably that it was meant to come out after this comic released but the timing got screwed up. That being said, I could still be off-base about this because it doesn't say all that much. But if that is true it's kind of a weird way to release a spoiler considering she is a paid character and that they could delay that.
    I see what you mean. That is interesting that the developers must have known something about her in advance to include her in the game. I suppose they do communicate with Marvel editorial. I hope they went off on their own on some of that in your post.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-11-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Digifiend posted the FF #6 preview at the FF thread. Behold Doom in all his glory!

The artwork is beautiful and the dialogue is the perfect Doom dialogue....it encompasses his protection of Latveria, his ego, how he is not afraid of Galactus, and that wonderful disdain for RICHARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I'll definately be looking out for this. This is the Doom I've been waiting for since Secret Wars(2015) ended.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

This looks awesome!! Something to really look forward to, and Doom chewing up the scenery like he deserves to.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Astonishing Member

The FF:6 preview does look cool.
    I think the art by Kuder is improving and in his art look better.
    Looking forward to know who is that super powered character helping Doctor Doom.
    And i am intrigued to why Galactus is in Latveria.I think Galactus being in Latveria is a interesting mistery.