Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1120
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm not sure how much wealth Doom or Latveria has, but I suspect if Doom really wanted to stockpile adamantium armors, he probably could. He could probably also magically teleport to the Asgardian dwarves and work out a deal to get a few uru metal armors. But let's just chalk this up to editorial or narrative "blindspotting." That's usually the main reason why characters don't do what we'd expect them to do, if we were in their shoes.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I think a lot of the reason Doom doesn't use Adamantium or Vibranium is that it can be a little hard to come be. Adamantium is also really expensive to make which would be a deterrent to most seeking it. I figure which is also part of the reason why its more commonly stolen and made in such low quantities, and to that end amassed so much without usage.
    Then I would guess Doom and Tony probably use titanium based metal for armor since it would probably the highest RW grade of metal. I also seem to remember Doom having a force field that generates automatically to ward off attacks but I've not seen much of that lately. One would think that some of the spells he infuses the armor with would help also. But I suppose if you can't see it or detect it, you can't block an attack.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I forgot about that. That one is pretty cool, with Doom standing over the pile of bones. Does Marvel do any cover you request or just recent stuff?
    Oh, I WISH Marvel would do posters on request. Though, there are a few places that do it but they are pirating the images, I'm sure. Nope, this one was in the Previews. For some reason, Marvel went with this cover, instead of some of the others that have come out. Hmmmm. I have to check eBay. I'm thinking they must have given the comic stores the cover for Doctor Doom #1 (the one you are using as an avatar) as an advertising poster. I do like that cover alot.

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    My big purchase from Baltimore comic con finally arrived back from the frame storeAttachment 89673
    OMG. That is beyond gorgeous! Congrats on acquiring such an amazing piece of art.

Also, please put me in your will. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, I WISH Marvel would do posters on request. Though, there are a few places that do it but they are pirating the images, I'm sure. Nope, this one was in the Previews. For some reason, Marvel went with this cover, instead of some of the others that have come out. Hmmmm. I have to check eBay. I'm thinking they must have given the comic stores the cover for Doctor Doom #1 (the one you are using as an avatar) as an advertising poster. I do like that cover alot.

OMG. That is beyond gorgeous! Congrats on acquiring such an amazing piece of art.

Also, please put me in your will. ;p
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. I haven't been getting the Preview mag so do you have to order them from that? I looked in Marvel's store on the website and didn't see anything. Years ago, they did have an on demand kind of thing, although I never tried it. I don't recall it lasting very long and they discontinued it

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. I haven't been getting the Preview mag so do you have to order them from that? I looked in Marvel's store on the website and didn't see anything. Years ago, they did have an on demand kind of thing, although I never tried it. I don't recall it lasting very long and they discontinued it
    Yes, the Doom poster was listed in the Marvel insert of the Diamond Previews ... maybe last month? I think it is coming out in January, so I'm not sure if you've missed the FoC, but the LCBS can probably order it regardless. I know mine has ordered posters for me after the FoC.

Here's the link.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV191002

Diamond / Marvel isn't always good about giving you a picture of the posters they list in their Preview mag, but I always give it a look and check Diamond's website to see if I can figure it out.

Yes, I vaguely recall Marvel.com having that service, but wasn't it for smaller prints? And the selection was limited, IIRC.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

For what it's worth I've been keeping up with the 2099 one-shots. Nobody seems be talking about the 2099 event much, which is a shame because they are good books for the most part. It will be curious to see the actual sales numbers once the November charts are published.

Would I recomend the 2099 event to Doom fans though? Based on Fantastic Four, Conan and The Punisher... I'd have to say no. There is no overarching narrative connecting each book. Doom doesn't appear in any of them although his apparently undisputed reign over North America (and the world?) is referenced several times. The problem is you can skip one or all of these stories and still know as much about the main event going on in Spider-Man.

Don't get me wrong these are still fun viggenettes. Respectful to the original 90s 2099 universe while trying some new ideas. I love how they've expanded the Thorites, this religion of Thor worshippers that has essentially replaced Christianity, and made them into a real threat. Just if you're going in don't expect any big pay offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, the Doom poster was listed in the Marvel insert of the Diamond Previews ... maybe last month? I think it is coming out in January, so I'm not sure if you've missed the FoC, but the LCBS can probably order it regardless. I know mine has ordered posters for me after the FoC.

Here's the link.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV191002

Diamond / Marvel isn't always good about giving you a picture of the posters they list in their Preview mag, but I always give it a look and check Diamond's website to see if I can figure it out.

Yes, I vaguely recall Marvel.com having that service, but wasn't it for smaller prints? And the selection was limited, IIRC.
    The one I remember them doing was quite a while back. They would make a frameable print of your choice of cover, and there were quite a few to select from. Then more recently then had a small collection of classic covers you could buy as a frameable print. But even that has been some years ago...maybe 5 or more? But I did a little further digging at the Marvel Shop and they do have a limited choice of canvas prints. Here's a link for a Ms America Chavez for $110. No Dooms though. The search is a bit cumbersome. I just stumbled across that one print by luck under Home Decor. The other products don't even list an option for canvas prints.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-27-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    For what it's worth I've been keeping up with the 2099 one-shots. Nobody seems be talking about the 2099 event much, which is a shame because they are good books for the most part. It will be curious to see the actual sales numbers once the November charts are published.

Would I recomend the 2099 event to Doom fans though? Based on Fantastic Four, Conan and The Punisher... I'd have to say no. There is no overarching narrative connecting each book. Doom doesn't appear in any of them although his apparently undisputed reign over North America (and the world?) is referenced several times. The problem is you can skip one or all of these stories and still know as much about the main event going on in Spider-Man.

Don't get me wrong these are still fun viggenettes. Respectful to the original 90s 2099 universe while trying some new ideas. I love how they've expanded the Thorites, this religion of Thor worshippers that has essentially replaced Christianity, and made them into a real threat. Just if you're going in don't expect any big pay offs.
    Yeah, I've found them underwhelming for any Doom related stuff. The best one so far was probably 2099 Alpha. I think they only one that will be more relatable to any fans of the original Doom 2099 series with be Zdarsky's one shot Doom 2099

iMan 42s

Yeah, I've found them underwhelming for any Doom related stuff. The best one so far was probably 2099 Alpha. I think they only one that will be more relatable to any fans of the original Doom 2099 series with be Zdarsky's one shot Doom 2099
    Honestly I'm more annoyed with the 2099 event if anything. Mostly because theirs just a bunch of plot threads that doesn't seem clear how they relate to each other. Some sort of chaos in 2099 caused by something that happens in 2019 I get (although Spider-man 2099 ended in 2100 so it's already screwed up reboot continuity). However I'm still not sure what anything in the Alpha has to do with it outside of world building for yet another 2099 reboot. A lot can happen between now and 2099 and presuming Doom's 2099 origin is at least retained, I'm not sure what would have nearly that much delay or why we'd remove an actually good Doom incarnation in favor of this. Like we're a couple of issues in over in ASM and all Miguel told us that the future is going to suck and not even tell us why.

I feel like Spencer more just had to do it or he had to fill space for a trade since ASM double ships.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Honestly I'm more annoyed with the 2099 event if anything. Mostly because theirs just a bunch of plot threads that doesn't seem clear how they relate to each other. Some sort of chaos in 2099 caused by something that happens in 2019 I get (although Spider-man 2099 ended in 2100 so it's already screwed up reboot continuity). However I'm still not sure what anything in the Alpha has to do with it outside of world building for yet another 2099 reboot. A lot can happen between now and 2099 and presuming Doom's 2099 origin is at least retained, I'm not sure what would have nearly that much delay or why we'd remove an actually good Doom incarnation in favor of this. Like we're a couple of issues in over in ASM and all Miguel told us that the future is going to suck and not even tell us why.

I feel like Spencer more just had to do it or he had to fill space for a trade since ASM double ships.
    I'm glad you posted this. When I was reading these tie ins I just didn't get a good idea just exactly is going on. I thought it was because a lot of times I dive into a comic I don't read just because Doom is appearing in it.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-28-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Amazing Member

My 6 year old has already laid claim to all my Doom stuff when I pass. She loves Doom! 20190916_172217.jpg

BANNED

I get what you mean, all these 2099 tie-ins feel more like a stealth relaunch of the universe rather than a coordinated event with a focused narrative. Except I doubt that sales are going to be strong enough support any 2099 on goings, certainly not in this modern comics industry at any rate. I'd like to be wrong because I love 2099, the original universe that is, and this seems the most serious attempt to revisit the concept besides just another Spider-Man 2099 book.

Plus it's weird their doing all these new #1s and never even touched X-Men 2099. That was always one of the most popular books back in the day, next to Doom 2099 of course. I guess Marvel's editorial didn't want 2099 treading on Hickman's turf and his own apocalyptic take on the future of mankind.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy Holidays and here's a LINK to the issue #3 preview!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

last preview page and also the cover art!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    God damn, that armour is amazing! It's so 90s I love it! Maybe it's just all the hellfire but the design seems to have a certain Spawn influence. Is it too late to restart book from #1 using this armour instead?