Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #66 Jun 1994
    Shattered [Strangers Among Us, Act 3]
    Wong and Imei(Xaos) kidnap Vincent Stevens and bring him to Salome;

The Midnight Sons visit Doc and accuse him of practically everything that has ever gone wrong,

as he tries to prepares for battle with Salome.
    Story continues in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Annual 4.

Script by David Quinn, pencils by John Hixson, inks by Fred Harper

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Doctor Strange #1 Jun 1974
    First appearance of the Silver Dagger in the beginning of a classic Dr. Strange storyline, "Through an Orb Darkly!"
    While Clea is practicing her mystical powers, Dr. Strange's Sanctum is infiltrated by Silver Dagger, who believes Strange to be a demon in need of destruction.
    Mesmerizing Clea and incapacitating Wong, Silver Dagger manages to sneak up behind Strange and stab him in the back with a mystical dagger

before stealing the Eye of Agamotto and fleeing with Clea.

Strange survives the attack. However when he tries to use the Orb of Agamotto, it transports him into the land of Agamotto,
    where the being presents itself in a form similar to the caterpillar from "Alice in Wonderland". After a brief battle with the creature,

Agamotto sends Strange off to the center of the Orb, where he may find freedom.

Script by Steve Englehart (co-plot, script) and Frank Brunner (co-plot), pencils by Frank Brunner, inks by Dick Giordano
    Wasn't the Silver Dagger character supposed to be some crazed religious zealot? He thought Stephen was a worshiper of the Devil. And wasn't he connected to some "Ebony Daggers" that were related to the Ebony Blade? I thought I remembered this but cannot find it anywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wasn't the Silver Dagger character supposed to be some crazed religious zealot? He thought Stephen was a worshiper of the Devil. And wasn't he connected to some "Ebony Daggers" that were related to the Ebony Blade? I thought I remembered this but cannot find it anywhere.
    Yes, he was a hypocritical religious zealot that wants to kill Stephen for using magic because it’s heretical to him. I don’t recall the ebony blade thing at all, didn’t he just use a dagger made of enchanted silver? The ebony dagger does exist but I think it’s pretty much exclusive to the Black Knight. Plus, the dagger’s shape is different from the one silver dagger uses

BANNED

Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme Annual #4 1994
    Final Curtain: Salomé's Children [Strangers Among Us, concludes.]
    This 64-page blockbuster reveals just who Strange and Dr. Stevens really are.

And Clea returns at long last with devastating results.

Written by David Quinn. Art by Kyle Hotz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    Yes, he was a hypocritical religious zealot that wants to kill Stephen for using magic because it’s heretical to him. I don’t recall the ebony blade thing at all, didn’t he just use a dagger made of enchanted silver? The ebony dagger does exist but I think it’s pretty much exclusive to the Black Knight. Plus, the dagger’s shape is different from the one silver dagger uses
    Yeah, I thought the Ebony Daggers came later, after he had his silver ones. Then he pondered his own goodness for wanting to use the Ebony daggers, seeing them as coming from evil.

BANNED

Strange Tales #122 Jul 1964
    "The World Beyond"
    Weary from his struggles against supernatural forces, Strange falls asleep, carelessly
    forgetting to cast a protective spell over himself and becoming a prisoner of the Nightmare World!;

Nightmare imprisons Strange, the only human who has ever defeated him, then says he's bored and looks forward to other victims;

Strange summons The Gulgol, a creature that never sleeps.

Script by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (co-plot), pencils by Steve Ditko, inks by George Roussos

Finally, looks like the 3 last issues of the series will be included in a fourth TPB volumes:

Doctor Strange by Mark Waid Vol. 4

Doctor Strange is back on Earth, safe and sound after his otherworldly odyssey with Galactus and Clea - but is the Multiverse done with Stephen Strange? A truly terrifying villain is working their way into the Marvel Universe via a small house in Kansas, and their arrival will have people talking for years! How will this mysterious and mystical foe bring Doctor Strange to the brink of defeat? Do not miss this turning-point storyline! Stephen Strange's life was changed decades ago by a car crash in upstate New York - but a new accident is about to change his life in an even bigger way!

COLLECTING: DOCTOR STRANGE 18-20, DOCTOR STRANGE ANNUAL (2019) 1
    Source: Amazon
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Strang...gateway&sr=8-1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    Finally, looks like the 3 last issues of the series will be included in a fourth TPB volumes:

Source: Amazon
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Strang...gateway&sr=8-1
    Interesting, so the size of this trade would be smaller than those before. I wonder if the annual is a pure one shot story or it will be setting up the next “phase” so to say

Mighty Member

Just announced in Hall H at #SDCC, Marvel Studios’ DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS with Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Scott Derrickson returns as director. In theaters May 7, 2021.

Ultimate Member

YES!! I was hoping to see Strange and Wanda interact. Thank you Marvel. Also it ties directly into the Wanda/Vision TV Show apparently, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Just announced in Hall H at #SDCC, Marvel Studios’ DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS with Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Scott Derrickson returns as director. In theaters May 7, 2021.
    Cool .

I wonder if Nightmare will still be the villain.

I also hope Derrickson steps up his game to follow the Russo's suit in depicting Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    YES!! I was hoping to see Strange and Wanda interact. Thank you Marvel. Also it ties directly into the Wanda/Vision TV Show apparently, interesting.
    Hoping we get more Wanda and Clea .

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

YES! Sooooo pumped!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Out of all the phase 4 movies

Why do I get the feeling this will be the most "cosmic" of them all

I feel like Strange will be facing more powerful enemies then the other heroes of the other films? like Blade or Shang-Chi etc. etc.

is this accurate to the comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Out of all the phase 4 movies

Why do I get the feeling this will be the most "cosmic" of them all

I feel like Strange will be facing more powerful enemies then the other heroes of the other films? like Blade or Shang-Chi etc. etc.

is this accurate to the comics?
    Accurate as in the title? No

Accurate as in the cosmic horror vibe? Yeah, the comics have done that (lifting a lot from lovecraft in one particular arc), but whether it's adapted closely remains to be seen

And yes, Strange has generally handled far more powerful enemies than basically street-level heroes like blade and shang-chi

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Nightmare has been confirmed as the villain, and Derrickson promised the film will be scary! Great news I say.