Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I Can't help but wonder what the sales are like for Strange at the moment because I just haven't felt it for the last two issues.
    I haven't felt it either. I wanted to give the book an arc after the anti-climax of issue #11, but this arc just isn't clicking for me. Strange is too passive, too ineffectual. It feels like Waid is still deconstructing him.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Fantastic Member

People are just too talented. That clip was fun.

I am hoping this current story gets better, but the current writer has been closer to how I feel Strange has been written since the 90's, so I'll give him some space. Perhaps this is a round-a-bout way of getting extra-dimensional again. The magic users in the Dark Dimension must be getting together for a specific reason. Perhaps after Strange takes care of the whole Galactus situation, he has more issues outside of Earth. It would be interesting to explore more than just the Dark Dimension, and always fighting Dormammu (although it probably is him).

BANNED

Another good issue, with another mystic realm tour. Wish we got to see more of Strange and Clea working together, but Waid seems to be working towards repairing their relationship so I’m fine with the brisk pacing for now. Umar’s and Clea’s spoilers:
    capture at the hands of Mephisto seems entirely too easy, but given her history with Dormammu I bet she has a backup plan up her sleeve, given how calm she seemed. If not, bah.
    end of spoilers Other than that, the Dormammu/Galactus thing didn’t actually go the way I thought it would, but it’s still cool to see. Once again, voices for all the characters are handled very well. One sticking point I have with this arc is that it feels stuffed, there’s a lot of elements (like the entities shown) I want to see explored further. Also agreed with those who says that Stephen feels passive, but to me he has always been on the more passive side.

Overall, looking forward to the next issue.

With the Accountants in the previous arc and the mystic dimensional tours of this one, I wouldn’t be surprised if the next arc is set in the mystical realms as well
    Last edited by Rrobin; 05-22-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Are there any team up or arcs featuring Daredevil and Doctor Strange? I know they had some interactions in Bendis New Avengers, but outside of that I either can not recall or either can not find much out there. They are two of my favorite Marvel characters and I was wanting read more of them together. I know their worlds do not cross to much as Strange deal with the occult/mysticism and DD is more of a grounded street level hero.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Are there any team up or arcs featuring Daredevil and Doctor Strange? I know they had some interactions in Bendis New Avengers, but outside of that I either can not recall or either can not find much out there. They are two of my favorite Marvel characters and I was wanting read more of them together. I know their worlds do not cross to much as Strange deal with the occult/mysticism and DD is more of a grounded street level hero.
    If you like What If? stories, there's this one... What If 2nd series #83

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    Another good issue, with another mystic realm tour. Wish we got to see more of Strange and Clea working together, but Waid seems to be working towards repairing their relationship so I’m fine with the brisk pacing for now. Umar’s and Clea’s spoilers:
    capture at the hands of Mephisto seems entirely too easy, given her history with Dormammu I bet she has a backup plan up her sleeve, given how calm she seemed. If not, bah.
    end of spoilers Other than that, the Dormammu/Galactus thing didn’t actually go the way I thought it would, but it’s still cool to see. Once again, voices for all the characters are handled very well. One sticking point I have with this arc is that it feels stuffed, there’s a lot of elements (like the entities shown) I want to see explored further. Also agreed with those who says that Stephen feels passive, but to me he has always been on the more passive side.

Overall, looking forward to the next issue.

With the Accountants in the previous arc and the mystic dimensional tours of this one, I wouldn’t be surprised if the next arc is set in the mystical realms as well
    I was expecting the Dormammu/Galactus encounter to be different too, but I like this twist because it shows how powerful Dormammu is.

I was happy to see Strange's realization about Clea's role in his life, but I still want her to tell him to take a hike when this storyline is over. He's going to have to work to repair the damage he did to their relationship.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Curiously, regarding DD and DS working together, I find Nothing listed on any of my DS or DD index cards to show that they did share billing--or that, if they did, I didn't find the issue worth keeping (unlikely as I've long been a fan of both). Now the big caveat here is that until this most recent series, I've been pretty dissatisfied with Doc's storytellers, and DD's as well, so if they did have adventures together in the past oh, ten years? I wouldn't've likely known...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I was expecting the Dormammu/Galactus encounter to be different too, but I like this twist because it shows how powerful Dormammu is.

I was happy to see Strange's realization about Clea's role in his life, but I still want her to tell him to take a hike when this storyline is over. He's going to have to work to repair the damage he did to their relationship.
    Yeah, the repair should take longer, it wouldn’t feel earned or natural otherwise. I do hope it continues in the next arc with them working together again, I love the way Waid writes their relationship

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Curiously, regarding DD and DS working together, I find Nothing listed on any of my DS or DD index cards to show that they did share billing--or that, if they did, I didn't find the issue worth keeping (unlikely as I've long been a fan of both). Now the big caveat here is that until this most recent series, I've been pretty dissatisfied with Doc's storytellers, and DD's as well, so if they did have adventures together in the past oh, ten years? I wouldn't've likely known...
    In case you were wondering one of the Daredevil posters had a pretty good list:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil appeared as a supporting character wielding a sword in the Doctor Strange Secret Empire tie-ins issues Doctor Strange #21-23 (2015), when they took on Baron Mordo.

He also appeared numerous times in the original Defenders series from 1972. Marked appearances with Dr. Strange were in Defenders #24-25, #104-107 and Giant Size Defenders #3.

He had one major team-up with the good doctor in Doctor Strange #40 (1988)

AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Thanks, Jekyll. didn't think to check my defenders issues. To my surprise, I think I have all of these.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Solicits for #18 and especially #19 are quite vague. I wonder if the two will are a start of an new arc or are relatively isolated, and if #19 is more humorous or serious. While I expected more interdimensional stuff, pivoting to (what I think is) a more occult-focused story is fine to me as well. I just hope Clea will stick around as a recurring partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    In case you were wondering one of the Daredevil posters had a pretty good list:
    I really miss the old Defenders... they were so ... bizarre.

Enjoyed this latest issue. Mephisto pulling some strings again was good to see.

Perhaps, Nighthawk, by 'bizarre' you refer in small measure to
    The Elf With A Gun!!! Bang!
    Or Nighthawk (the Defender)'s "ambivalence". Or, or Dr. Nagen? Or or oh yes those were the days!

has doc's age been retconned? how old is he supposed to be at this point? how long has he been sorcerer supreme?