Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha--old-time Doc with his "mental probing".
    Well he isn't completely over his "messing with others' minds" phase yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    Well he isn't completely over his "messing with others' minds" phase yet
    Are they still showing "the messing with minds" as more of a mental power (telepathy) than through sorcery?

BANNED

Avengers #61 Feb 1969
    First appearance of the Avengers' Quinjet in "Some Say the World Will End in Fire, Some Say in Ice"
    Story continues from Doctor Strange #178.
    A quiet night at Avengers Mansion is interrupted by the sudden arrival of the Master of the Mystic Arts!

Dr. Strange warns that the Spell of Fire and Ice unleashed by the Sons of Satannish could destroy the world!

And he requests immediate help from Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Without delay Hawkeye and the Black Knight rush to Antarctica to battle Surtur, while the Vision and T'Challa fly to Africa to fight Ymir!
    The Fire Demon and the Frost Giant are virtually indestructible!
    Does Doctor Strange have a magic ace up his sleeve (or perhaps cloak) to save the Earth?

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by John Buscema, inks by George Klein

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Are they still showing "the messing with minds" as more of a mental power (telepathy) than through sorcery?
    More of a mix of both these days. Even back in the day he uses the Eye to carry out his mind-reading a lot

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The young again look gave me Keanue Reeves vibes which is funny if anyone has seen the what if Avengers were made in the 90s.
    I remember being so turned off by the “young again” look I stopped reading for some time

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I found this great site, which I'll be adding to the front page, where a Doctor Strange fan is posting his amazing collection. He also has a twitter and posted this amazing 'window.'

Doctor Strange Archive

https://twitter.com/DrStrangeArchiv/...92734014349319
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers #61 Feb 1969
    First appearance of the Avengers' Quinjet in "Some Say the World Will End in Fire, Some Say in Ice"
    Story continues from Doctor Strange #178.
    A quiet night at Avengers Mansion is interrupted by the sudden arrival of the Master of the Mystic Arts!

Dr. Strange warns that the Spell of Fire and Ice unleashed by the Sons of Satannish could destroy the world!

And he requests immediate help from Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Without delay Hawkeye and the Black Knight rush to Antarctica to battle Surtur, while the Vision and T'Challa fly to Africa to fight Ymir!
    The Fire Demon and the Frost Giant are virtually indestructible!
    Does Doctor Strange have a magic ace up his sleeve (or perhaps cloak) to save the Earth?

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by John Buscema, inks by George Klein
    I would like to see more Dr. Strange & Black Panther team-ups. I think Dr. Strange exploring Wakanda's mystical side would be awesome.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Judging by the solicits Clea seems like she will be sticking around for some time

Judging by the solicits Clea seems like she will be sticking around for some time
    About damn time.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes, I like Clea in Doc's book.

Thank goodness. So long as she's written well, I'm happy to see her back.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Default Doctor Strange #17 Absolute Carnage Variant cover

17 absolute carnage variant cover-med.jpg

Well, that was unexpected.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    O_O

I can't believe they did that to Clea! Of course, I'm not fond of Carnage or Venom, so I guess that's part of the reason why I don't like that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Definitely not the kind of reunion anyone was hoping for .

BANNED

Today's issue was a rocking start to the new arc.

The conclusion of the last arc hit me as being a bit soft but the book is solidly back on track with this issue.

It's hard not to miss Saiz on art (hoping for his return on the next arc) but Barry Kitson is certainly no slouch and he gets his Ditko on nicely here.

Waid continues to prove his firm understanding of Stephen as a character. He really gets him and gets his world and this is yet another issue that makes me feel that we're in the midst of a classic - or at the very least, a very excellent - run on Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue was a rocking start to the new arc.

The conclusion of the last arc hit me as being a bit soft but the book is solidly back on track with this issue.

It's hard not to miss Saiz on art (hoping for his return on the next arc) but Barry Kitson is certainly no slouch and he gets his Ditko on nicely here.

Waid continues to prove his firm understanding of Stephen as a character. He really gets him and gets his world and this is yet another issue that makes me feel that we're in the midst of a classic - or at the very least, a very excellent - run on Strange.
    loved this issue, it really felt like the real Stephen Strange and not just a posturing dude
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”