Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...e-end-preview/

Not what I was expecting from a what if Doctor Strange was older type future set book, but I’m interested.

Are those the kids from TDKR

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...e-end-preview/

Not what I was expecting from a what if Doctor Strange was older type future set book, but I’m interested.

Are those the kids from TDKR
    Interesting art ... I'm getting a little bit of Charles Vess vibe ... probably the line work.

Not so sure about the idea of more The End books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, it was. Waid's previous run was rock solid and this looks to be every bit as good.

It's certainly in a different vein than the previous run, more grounded in the every day with Strange's work at the hospital, but it has a lot of obvious potential.

The so-called butt kicking is explained through a plot point. Strange is taken off-guard when a foe displays a new level of ability that Strange would have had no way of knowing about until he fought this person and their new levels revealed themselves. It's hardly anything that makes Strange look ineffectual. Heroes do often have to lose the occasional fight in order to generate a certain level of suspense in a story.

Give this issue a shot, it's a promising start to the new volume.
    I'll take a look at it at the LCBS store next week.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Mark Waid have been writing Doctor Strange consistently well.
    So i am happy that he is writing the new Doctor Strange comic book as well.
    Doctor Strange.Surgeon Supreme#1 was a entertaining read,i am liking the way the stories of Doctor Strange can be writen with him being a Surgeon again,story wise it will be interesting to see Doctor Stranger juggling being a Surgeon and a super hero.
    Kev Walker art was another thing i enjoyed from the first story.

Fairly solid writing from Mark Waid on this new start. He's not following the old canon though. "Dr Bellamy... didn't like me when I was young..." Is Dr Bellamy also a human immortal? Dr Strange after beating Death him/herself was supposed to have stopped aging around 1970. Strange would be vaguely around ninety now.

Kev Walker is very good, though he seems to slip off model a few times when Strange's widow peak disappears. Also while we're on the subject of his hair, I personally prefer it when Strange's greyed temps are higher up like horns, not low down like Mr Fantastic.

Strange is back to a larping clothing style and his sabre/scalpel hasn't been used, so I wonder what happened to that.

I'm not sure I get the smell of the occult from Waid's writing. Or at least not from Strange himself. ironically the most magical vibe I get is when Strange isn't using any magic in the hospital.