Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous book.

And the cover for the May solicit with Clea!

I'd rather they not get together again but at least give us a friendly parting? Pretty please?
    Last edited by Rrobin; 02-23-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Beautiful!

Doc and Clea have rarely looked better!

Love the new costumes!
    I do like Clea's update.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    That is a great cover. I'm so pleased to see Clea again.
    You and me both. Long over due for Clea's appearance.

And good to see you again!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Love the new costumes!
    Very nice! And I of course, like Clea as well and love her updated costume. However, I am not a fan of tiny lip beards, lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL! But Stephen has always had the tiny lip beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see them bringing back Clea and she looks great .

I hope Waid writes her well and doesn't go for the low-blow of her relationship with Stephen that most writers seem to harp on.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    I'd rather they not get together again but at least give us a friendly parting? Pretty please?
    I'm a sucker for Clea and Doctor Strange together! If writers had longer runs, I'd love to see their relationship redevelop over time.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

I'm a sucker for Clea and Doctor Strange together! If writers had longer runs, I'd love to see their relationship redevelop over time.
    Actually thinking of it, redeveloping their relationship for a fun partner-up series would be nice (like Mr and Mrs X or so I've heard), but I always liked it more when they were only occasionally checking in on each other. That's just me though

This is fantastic, I always enjoyed Strange the most when he was with Clea.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes! I have not seen you--er, I mean Clea-- for a long time! Where have you been?

The above shows Clea as strong and beautiful.
    I've been offline for a while. I'm back now.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

LOL! But Stephen has always had the tiny lip beard.
    I always thought it was a goatee or are they considered the same? Anyway, I'll get over it I suppose.

"Tiny lip beard" = "soul patch"

Technically, a goatee is hair on the chin alone (i.e. like a goat) but the usage has extended to chin hair linked to a mustache (which I'm told is also called a "circle beard" or a "doorknocker"). These can be with or without a soul patch.

In Strange's case, he's had multiple looks over the years, but rather than recapping them all, I'll merely link to a slightly out-of-date overview by Neil Alien:

The Many Faces of Doctor Strange,

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

Technically, a goatee is hair on the chin alone (i.e. like a goat) but the usage has extended to chin hair linked to a mustache (which I'm told is also called a "circle beard" or a "doorknocker"). These can be with or without a soul patch.

In Strange's case, he's had multiple looks over the years, but rather than recapping them all, I'll merely link to a slightly out-of-date overview by Neil Alien:

I think overall that Strange has had a thin mustache and no beard. I think of it as his 1930s movie star look because they all seemed to have those skinny mustaches back then. Next would be the mustache and a chinstrap (?) style beard. Occasionally he's had a full mustache or even a handlebar mustache (not a good look, IMO). I think the soul patch along with the mustache works well with his character design.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I think both Doc and Clea look great with their new looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I think overall that Strange has had a thin mustache and no beard. I think of it as his 1930s movie star look because they all seemed to have those skinny mustaches back then. Next would be the mustache and a chinstrap (?) style beard. Occasionally he's had a full mustache or even a handlebar mustache (not a good look, IMO). I think the soul patch along with the mustache works well with his character design.
    My only problem with his current look is that I keep thinking of Frank Zappa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see them bringing back Clea and she looks great .

I hope Waid writes her well and doesn't go for the low-blow of her relationship with Stephen that most writers seem to harp on.
    I'm enjoying Waid's run, for once we have a writer focused on world building instead of the usual "tearing all down and shitting over it" that seems so popular among most writers these days
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Strange Tales #118 Mar 1964
    "The Possessed!" First appearance of the Eye of Agamotto.
    Using his "Earthly Scanner," which is a small replica of the planet, Dr. Strange senses evil somewhere in Bavaria;

In a remote village, he finds the townspeople the victims of some strange form of possession,

and believes a supernatural force is at work.

Script by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (co-plot), art by Steve Ditko

BANNED

Doctor Strange #178 Mar 1969
    "... With One Beside Him"
    Having learned that the remaining members of the Sons of Satannish were banished to the realm of Tiboro,
    and are the only possible means of learning how to reverse the spell cast by their masters,
    Dr. Strange travels to England to recruit his friend Victoria Bentley to help.

However upon arriving there he gets into a brief battle with the Black Knight.

Strange decides that the Knight would be better suited for this mission and so recruits him to travel to Tiboro's realm.

There the two heroes battle Tiboro, and it is a losing battle until the Black Knight
    is able to smash Tiboro's magic wand, the source of the beings powers.
    Defeated, Tiboro allows Strange and the Knight to take the Sons of Satannish back with them to Earth's dimension.
    This story is continued in Avengers #61.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Tom Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Strange Tales #118 Mar 1964
    "The Possessed!" First appearance of the Eye of Agamotto.
    Using his "Earthly Scanner," which is a small replica of the planet, Dr. Strange senses evil somewhere in Bavaria;

In a remote village, he finds the townspeople the victims of some strange form of possession,

and believes a supernatural force is at work.

Script by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (co-plot), art by Steve Ditko
    Hahaha--old-time Doc with his "mental probing".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post

The young again look gave me Keanue Reeves vibes which is funny if anyone has seen the what if Avengers were made in the 90s.