Page 6 of 171 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

As long as editorial or some high-end muckity-mucks keep their noses OUT OF EWING'S BUSINESS, I have no concerns with this series. It's a blast.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    As long as editorial or some high-end muckity-mucks keep their noses OUT OF EWING'S BUSINESS, I have no concerns with this series. It's a blast.
    Yeah, but from I got from Ewing, Brevoort, etc. is that the plan really is to keep it in its own corner of the MU. Which is awesome!

BANNED

It's been awhile since I've been on here! The Immortal Hulk continues to be superb! In fact, it's the best Marvel title hitting the shelves. And it can even be argued that it's the best comic on the shelves. It's just got everything a great comic should have. Incredible art. Amazing story. Compelling characters. It's got it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Yeah, but from I got from Ewing, Brevoort, etc. is that the plan really is to keep it in its own corner of the MU. Which is awesome!
    Best news I've heard all week.

Incredible Hulk Annual #7
    Cover Date: 1978
    Sale Date: May 9th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: John Byrne
    Inker: Bob Layton
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Janice Cohen
    Editor: Bob Hall

“The Evil That Is Cast…”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Jim Wilson, Angel, Iceman, Candy Southern.
    Villain: Master Mold

Synopsis: Warren Worthington III, aka the Angel, and Bobby Drake, aka Iceman are enjoying some downtime when Master Mold captures Bobby. Knowing that he’s outmatched, the Angel flies to Gamma Base in hopes that the Hulk’s brute strength is enough to take down the Mutant killer robot. The Hulk, meanwhile, is in a foul mood while trying to adjust to his new surroundings. Angel arrives, with Master Mold right behind him and after capturing the winged mutant, the Hulk hitches a ride to the Sentinel’s asteroid hideout. The trio is able to defeat Master Mold and the Hulk heads back to Gamma Base.

Commentary: Canon-wise, this should take place between #227 and 228. Byrne apparently has a severe dislike for Layton and his inks over his pencils based on what he'd said on his forum a few years back. Stern has the Hulk in a pretty foul mood the whole issue.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Great stuff. This should apply to most titles in my opinion. It makes the team ups and events more special.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

April 2019 Solicitation

MMORTAL HULK #16
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Once upon a time, Rick Jones was the Hulk’s best friend. Now Rick Jones is dead...and gone.
    • To learn why, Bruce Banner will have to face roaming gamma experiments, an assassin out for his blood...
    • ...and the one thing that can cage the IMMORTAL HULK.

HULK2018016-cov.jpg

Just beautiful! More weirdnesses to come!

Let's not forget Avengers: No Road Home. Specially this:

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #8 (OF 10)
    AL EWING, MARK WAID & JIM ZUB (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS BY MATTEO SCALERA (1 OF 3)
    THE ALL-NEW WEEKLY AVENGERS EVENT CONTINUES!
    Team Hulk vs. Nyx, Queen of Night! Team Herc vs. Oizys, Creature of Misery! One Avenger faces the supreme test – and one Avenger falls!

LEGACY #716
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Astonishing Member

The Alex Ross covers in Immortal Hulk are just great.
    The cover for Immortal Hulk:16 is another awesome Hulk cover by Alex Ross.

BANNED

April 2019 Immortal Hulk Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #16

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
    ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA

Once upon a time, Rick Jones was the Hulk’s best friend. Now Rick Jones is dead...and gone. To learn why, Bruce Banner will have to face roaming gamma experiments, an assassin out for his blood... and the one thing that can cage the IMMORTAL HULK.

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #8 (of 10)

AL EWING, MARK WAID & JIM ZUB (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS BY MATTEO SCALERA (1 OF 3)

Team Hulk vs. Nyx, Queen of Night! Team Herc vs. Oizys, Creature of Misery! One Avenger faces the supreme test – and one Avenger falls!

LEGACY #716

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #9 (OF 10)

AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W)

SEAN IZAAKSE (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS

BY MATTEO SCALERA (2 OF 3)

On Euphoria, the Wishing World, the Avengers come face-to-face with

their own desires...as Nyx finds the path to the ultimate power!

LEGACY #717

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #10 (OF 10)

AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W)

SEAN IZAAKSE (A)

Cover by YASMINE PUTRI

CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS

BY MATTEO SCALERA (3 OF 3)

THE ALL-NEW WEEKLY AVENGERS FINALE!

The extra-sized finale! Can anything stop Nyx from remaking the cosmos in her image? And will an Avenger die in the attempt?

LEGACY #718

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

HULKVERINES #3 (of 3)

GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A)

Cover by GREG LAND, JAY LEISTEN & FRANK D’ARMATA

Variant Cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO

THREE HULKVERINES – BUT ONLY ONE WEAPON H!

Together, the Hulk’s old foe the Leader and Weapon H’s own creator, Dr. Alba, have managed to do what the Weapon X program never could: capture and transform the two greatest fighters in the Marvel Universe. And now they’re heading straight for a nuclear power plant. It’s up to Clay to stop them — but what is one Hulkverine against two? The conclusion of the clash of the century!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 01-22-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Immortal Hulk #12 is absolutely a masterclass in writing and art. It leaves you thirsty for more; wanting to know more and more about what's going to happen!

And those two last pages: mindblowing.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I wonder if some folks are gonna be disappointed on what TOBA looks like lol.

Considering he's supposed to be abstractial like TOAA and the fact that he told told Creel that he couldn't "see" what he is, I think is sinister cloudy form suits it.

Love them new issue but I think I am lacking in understanding. What’s actually going on. If someone can explain? Then I can see if what I’m thinking marries up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Love them new issue but I think I am lacking in understanding. What’s actually going on. If someone can explain? Then I can see if what I’m thinking marries up.
    I think things are going to be much clearer in the next issue. There are too many questions, but here's my take on it:

Ewing describes The Devi (in the previous issue) as the opposite, the absence of God. A darker side "does god has Hulk"? He also says Hell might have two rulers.

In this issue, he goes further, using the examples of Angra Mainyu and Ahura Mazda as God and his shadow self! However, in the end that there's another Devil, but a fallen angel of God, who accuse, judges and punishes all who fall short, much like what Hulk makes with the ones who deserve it.

Notice, too, that Hulk has been called (when he came back in Avengers: No Surrender) The Opener of the Door, and now the Keeper of the Door. And more, he has been called the King of Hell more than once since he came back. I see his role as Satan, the other ruler of theHell below all hells.