Page 118 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2556
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Wouldn't it be ironic if that was Fortean instead of Bruce, talking to Brian in Hell?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if that was Fortean instead of Bruce, talking to Brian in Hell?
    It's a possibility, would serve him some poetic justice to get trapped in Hell forever.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #264
    Cover Date: October 1981
    Sale Date: July 14th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“He Flies by Night!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Betty Ross, General Ross, the New Teen Brigade,
    Villains: The Corruptor and the Night Flyer
    Synopsis: Open to the Night Flyer performing an aerial search for the Hulk, under the direction under the orders of the Corrupter. Down below, and hiding out in a battered railroad tunnel, the Hulk, Betty and Rick are resting. They are trying to explain to the brute his origins and who he really is. The Hulk refuses to accept that he is Bruce Banner, but the mental anguish causes the transformation and he collapses into Rick’s arms. Back in Washington D.C., we see a recovered General Ross talking to the President and learn that he’s been assigned to the Pentagon as an advisor on the Hulk’s activities. Cut back to California, and we’re introduced to the new Teen Brigade…four very young teens intent on helping the Hulk. However, the Night Flyer has other ideas and attacks the group. It doesn’t take him long to easily defeat the teenagers and then find the Hulk. The two battle, which results in Betty getting hurt. This drives the Hulk mad, so mad that even Rick is scared to approach him. The Corruptor makes his appearance and touches the raging brute, bringing him under his control.

Commentary: Meh. Wasn’t fond of the Night Flyer or the Corruptor. Hard to swallow Rick’s logic of being afraid to approach the Hulk while he’s raging about Betty being hurt, but running towards him after the Corruptor’s touch…ehhhhh. This particular era of the Hulk is what I call the treading water era. Mantlo’s plots and overly-verbose scripting will start to become tedious and one-dimensional. Sal’s art is looking mediocre and almost hollow. That’s all going to change in a few months, though.

Fantastic Member

https://gizmodo.com/the-moon-shines-...1837378683/amp well the hulk transforming only at night suddenly makes a lot more sense

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Immortal Hulk on his Iron Throne

Badass!

Read the latest issue. Rick seems a bit more restored in that last panel ("Knock knock"). Also it's interesting that Betty seems to like to stay in her Harpy form to kind of spite Bruce, which kind of reminds me of when she was Red She Hulk in Pak's run.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Well there's the Iron throne Metatron spoke of, after that comes the "awful decision" that he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Read the latest issue. Rick seems a bit more restored in that last panel ("Knock knock"). Also it's interesting that Betty seems to like to stay in her Harpy form to kind of spite Bruce, which kind of reminds me of when she was Red She Hulk in Pak's run.
    Yeah, I don't blame her for wanting to be powerful and not helpless!

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Well there's the Iron throne Metatron spoke of, after that comes the "awful decision" that he makes.
    Yeah, the decision has something to do with his role of changing the world. Probably, something really bad come out from it; things get out of control!

Betty can’t handle a face to face with Bruce so she transforms into Harpy and Bruce can’t handle a face to face with Betty so he lets Joe take over. I find that hilariously sad but also a perfect summary of their relationship.

Hilarious sad is a good description.

I wonder when/if Joe will fully take control with his Hulk form. And why that has not happened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hilarious sad is a good description.

I wonder when/if Joe will fully take control with his Hulk form. And why that has not happened yet?
    Best guess is that he needs to be given control, and neither the Savage nor the Devil wanna give it (and don't really have much reason too.) Banner on the other hand...there's a reason he's built all these big green (and grey) bodyguards in his head.

Honestly I prefer Joe in Banner's body to him as Hulk. I'd love to see a run with say Classic Savage as the Hulk, and Joe Fixit in Banner's body fulltime. I think there's some major potential there.

Joe and Savage never really were on the best of terms.

Incredible Member

Read the latest issue. Rick seems a bit more restored in that last panel ("Knock knock").
    Not sure. I think that just might be him being background/not the focus of the scene, so Bennett skimped on the details a little bit. They linged on Rick's corpse-face a bit too long in the earlier scene for me to think it'll be gone already.

Also it's interesting that Betty seems to like to stay in her Harpy form to kind of spite Bruce, which kind of reminds me of when she was Red She Hulk in Pak's run.
    Also, set up by the narration in #13 - she can't deny him as Betty. The Harpy's a different matter, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Best guess is that he needs to be given control, and neither the Savage nor the Devil wanna give it (and don't really have much reason too.) Banner on the other hand...there's a reason he's built all these big green (and grey) bodyguards in his head.
    Well, "Joe" said in his first issue back that DH was the one who sent him out, and that fits with DH's claims to be running the system. Banner also suspects that when he comes to that they were in Reno because DH wouldn't let Joe get as far as Las Vegas.

"The Big Guy" seems to be the only one beyond DH's control at all (we saw how DH manipulates Banmer into doing what he wants all the way nack in #2), and then only when they get (collectively) get angry enough to let him slip the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Honestly I prefer Joe in Banner's body to him as Hulk.
    Fixit's seemed... off... to me. Bennett's not helping with all the Joker faces last issue - I realise he has to distinguish him from Banner somehow, but it was really over the top - but I don't think Ewing has his voice down either. Which becomes more of a problem the more Hulks come into the game.

He seems a bit less "tough guy" and more "Wise guy" I think. Maybe because he doesn't quite have the proper body.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was really thrilled at the time to here that Marvel Television was working on a Hulk show. I was thrilled that Guillermo Del Toro was attached to it and thrilled about the possibilities. He even opened up a thread on his website and responded to the posters. What was even more thrilling; like me; he wanted this show to be outside the Marvel Movie Universe with a different younger take on the character. At the time he said he was referencing mostly Peter David's and Greg Pak's runs on the character for his inspiration. It's a shame we never got to and probably will never get to see him make the show.

https://www.cbr.com/whatever-happene...-toro-hulk-tv/
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being