Page 43 of 171 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

One more time, with feeling.

spoilers:

I absolutely love this image, especially how each face is drawn with one of Banner's personalities. You can clearly see Devil, classic, Joe, even Banner it seems? This was just an amazing piece of work, awesome in the truest sense of the word.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtJ1v4rTPvtTg7pnxL5njjt0FUrtvw

end of spoilers
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 05-15-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    This was a wonderful scene:

spoilers:

I love how you can "see" each personality here. Devil Hulk is distinct from the classic Rage Hulk, who is distinct from Joe. Just awesome in the truest sense of the word!

Attachment 82395

end of spoilers

EDIT: is the image clear as day to everyone? looks like it is to me ...
    We can see it. Perhaps you can post the image with a link instead?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Sweet Jesus that part where spoilers:
    Joe overloads gamma radiation and then several Hulks try to Hulk out at once
    end of spoilers was one of the most unsettling scenes in a series full of them. And the new Abomination looks damn scary, I can’t wait to see what his deal is. Great issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    So, no one read the issue here? LOL

Not only it was amazing, the description of what comes in #18 got me even more excited and intrigued:

Next issue, Joe's been busy, Bruce makes a list, Devil Hulk's not happy about it and something truly Abominable is stalking all of them.
    Also - while we've been following Hulk, what has Gamma Flight been up to? And what became of Betty Ross?
    I was really interested in seeing that Joe doesn’t like Devil Hulk and wishes Banner has not let him out. I really want to see how the other Hulks feel about Devil being in charge, are they still afraid of him like before? Joe obviously has bad history with him, be interested in seeing how others like Worldbreaker Hulk feel. I can’t wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I was really interested in seeing that Joe doesn’t like Devil Hulk and wishes Banner has not let him out. I really want to see how the other Hulks feel about Devil being in charge, are they still afraid of him like before? Joe obviously has bad history with him, be interested in seeing how others like Worldbreaker Hulk feel. I can’t wait for the next issue.
    Not to nitpick, but do we really count world breaker as its own personality? It never made sense to me, rather it was a moniker to recall that one time his rage got so intense he could break the world. But really it was just the same classic hulk we've always seen, no?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I believe many of the other incarnations, and they might be even more than we know, are fond of Devil Hulk always in control. Fixit is one of them fo obvious reasons: both share similar traits and they like to be in control!

Now I want to see them trying to get the upper hand against each other. The good thing is that we never know what (and how) will come after.

Not to nitpick, but do we really count world breaker as its own personality? It never made sense to me, rather it was a moniker to recall that one time his rage got so intense he could break the world. But really it was just the same classic hulk we've always seen, no?
    You're correct. It's not, and never been, an incarnation. It's simply what happens when the Hulk loses control and stops holding back!

Actually, the whole breaking the world was not even the biggest deal (he was probably holding back yet). In Heart of the Monster, we see dimension destroying stuff. Is this the limit?

While I'm usually content to lurk on the forum, I did want to chime in to say this has been a tremendous run. And this issue was no exception.

You're correct. It's not, and never been, an incarnation. It's simply what happens when the Hulk loses control and stops holding back!

Actually, the whole breaking the world was not even the biggest deal (he was probably holding back yet). In Heart of the Monster, we see dimension destroying stuff. Is this the limit?
    IIRC there's a brief encounter with Strange where Stephen mentions that Hulk is a conduit to another universe and that's where his immense power is drawn from. If Hulk were to truly let go and open up ... the universe would end. I always liked the idea that the green door was a subtle nod to that issue ... though I have no proof. Between it and this current run, however, I think its safe to say Hulk's strength is universe ending if it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    While I'm usually content to lurk on the forum, I did want to chime in to say this has been a tremendous run. And this issue was no exception.
    Welcome! I hope you become a regular in this thread.

IIRC there's a brief encounter with Strange where Stephen mentions that Hulk is a conduit to another universe and that's where his immense power is drawn from. If Hulk were to truly let go and open up ... the universe would end. I always liked the idea that the green door was a subtle nod to that issue ... though I have no proof. Between it and this current run, however, I think its safe to say Hulk's strength is universe ending if it needed to be.
    There's been allusions to this in the past, indeed: The possibility of it coming from other dimensions, for example. And the extent of the power, as the Beyonder pointed out, was infinite.

I don't want to call it universe destroying. LOL. Let's aim for less and keep it more grounded.

But it's telling that (and there particular groups of fanboys who hate it and try to deny it), be it in handbooks, comics, marvel official site/wiki, the Hulk's strength (physical power) is classified as being limitless, pure and simple. That's way different than being the so called class 100 (or incalculable) character. Literally the big guy is in a class of his own.

Aside from the current storyline, when else has Devil Hulk appeared? I thought the current Immortal Hulk personality was a new one.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Aside from the current storyline, when else has Devil Hulk appeared? I thought the current Immortal Hulk personality was a new one.
    The Devil Hulk first appeared in Jenkins' run. He was chained into the depth of Banner's mindscape, and for the first time could've had the chance to escape if Banner died with LSC. That wasn't the case, though.

Now, He definitely took control together with Banner starting right after No Surrender.

I guess there's some confusion when talking about the Immortal Hulk. People tend to think this describes a new incarnation. That's no true. Hulk is immortal; that's one of the main points of this run: Banner can die, Hulk can't. It doesn't matter what incarnation/persona is in control (we've seen that in this issue!). All of them have their particular characteristics, and that's it. What is more important is why and how the Devil incarnation took control; what happened to the other ones? In what circumstances they may come out and how is the dynamics between them?

Also, there may be a confusion about the visuals. In Banner's mindscape the Devil Hulk is seen, or Banner sees him, as a serpent-like being ( you can see it both in Ron Garney's and Bennett's despictions in the link below). It's not what he's like outside, though. But, concerning the Hulk, that is expected.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ion-2019/page8

Incredible Member

By "Worldbreaker", I think they mean the personality seen throughout Planet Hulk (the "Green Scar") and Pak's subsequent run, along with at the tail end (poat-Onslaught) of PAD's run. (I've also seen it called the "Gravage Hulk", intended to convey that it takes traits from both the GRAy Hulk/Joe Fixit and the saVAGE "Hulk Smash" Hulk but is distinct from both)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Well, there's only so much you can talk about lol. I like how Joe was portrayed (being crafty yet sassy), also it's pretty curious how the Hulk can expel access Gamma energy in a massive explosion a-la Superman; maybe that'll come in handy later. Next issue seems to be the start of the meat of this particular arc so there should be much more reactions.
    Hulk's always been able to do something like this to a degree. It's been shown over the years in various ways.

The most notable one is when he was the conduit for the Heroes Reborn universe and leaking energy at the gamma bomb site. He was dying and giving off radiation which ended up resurrecting the Maestro.

At the end of World War Hulk he was generating too much energy and threatened to shattered tetonic plates/etc. He seemed primed to explode and wanted the heroes to stop him before it happened.

I'm sure there's more but those two came to mind immediately.

The Devil Hulk first appeared in Jenkins' run. He was chained into the depth of Banner's mindscape, and for the first time could've had the chance to escape if Banner died with LSC. That wasn't the case, though.

Now, He definitely took control together with Banner starting right after No Surrender.

I guess there's some confusion when talking about the Immortal Hulk. People tend to think this describes a new incarnation. That's no true. Hulk is immortal; that's one of the main points of this run: Banner can die, Hulk can't. It doesn't matter what incarnation/persona is in control (we've seen that in this issue!). All of them have their particular characteristics, and that's it. What is more important is why and how the Devil incarnation took control; what happened to the other ones? In what circumstances they may come out and how is the dynamics between them?

Also, there may be a confusion about the visuals. In Banner's mindscape the Devil Hulk is seen, or Banner sees him, as a serpent-like being ( you can see it both in Ron Garney's and Bennett's despictions in the link below). It's not what he's like outside, though. But, concerning the Hulk, that is expected.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ion-2019/page8

Thanks for the details! This definitely clears some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Hulk's always been able to do something like this to a degree. It's been shown over the years in various ways.

The most notable one is when he was the conduit for the Heroes Reborn universe and leaking energy at the gamma bomb site. He was dying and giving off radiation which ended up resurrecting the Maestro.

At the end of World War Hulk he was generating too much energy and threatened to shattered tetonic plates/etc. He seemed primed to explode and wanted the heroes to stop him before it happened.

I'm sure there's more but those two came to mind immediately.
    He pretty much did it in heart of the monster; not only when fighting Armageddon (and the other foes) and at the dark dimension, if I'm not mistaken. And there's probably more, as you've said.