Page 92 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Even for me.

Depends on whether they go for actual quality or a political statement.

Awards are political tools most of the time. I don't need some panel of judges to tell me what I like.
    Agreed. But I'd say its chance is as good as it gets.

But if this goes to the mediocre/bad Batman's run by King, then something is very, very wrong.

Pretty much this.

Basically nobody gets the Savage Hulk right by anymore. Heck people can't even get Hulk Speak right anymore.
    Even in the old days it seems there was some differences in how he was written. The old DEFENDERS comics, for example, kind of just used Hulk as comic relief (Same goes for the Busiek/Larsen series as well).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Even in the old days it seems there was some differences in how he was written. The old DEFENDERS comics, for example, kind of just used Hulk as comic relief (Same goes for the Busiek/Larsen series as well).
    True, but I always go with the policy of when in doubt go with the Solo.

In his book Hulk was a deep and tragic figure, constantly trying to find a place in this world. While I won't deny that he had plenty of comedic moments, at it's core the silver age and bronze age Hulk book was a tragedy.

I also miss the sheer insane stubbornness of the classic Savage Hulk. Even more than his strength the Hulk's power seemed more to be his sheer insane refusal to ever admit defeat to anyone.

Meh... .

Consider the source. Also Doc Green's actions fall inline with the merged Hulk a lot more, who everyone forgets could be a right prick.

The Savage Hulk might believe he was the strongest and make no bones about it, but, if anything showed ambivalence to outright contempt for anything to make him stronger or weaken others.

He already was the strongest, in his mind.
    Indeed, that's a confirmation. If you recall Duggan's run, his rogue artificial intelligence, Gammon, even taunts him about that: saying that the effect of extremis are wearing off and that He'll become "dumb" again.

From Hulk #11, in his words: I could fight you or I can wait until you're completely dim again and running around in shredded purple pants.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    I'll certainly read it and give it a fair assessment. I do admit that it irks me that the Hulk's powers might now be supernaturally based (as opposed to "science based") but I'm old enough to realize that that probably will only lasts until Peter David retcon's it in a mini-series or something.
    Don’t worry, Ewing is mixing the science and supernatural aspects, not getting rid of them. The nature of gamma radiation is one of the focuses of his run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t worry, Ewing is mixing the science and supernatural aspects, not getting rid of them. The nature of gamma radiation is one of the focuses of his run so far.
    He's already pretty much revealed that the Hulk's gamma source is both natural and mystical.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Yeah, it's the third unknown form of the Gamma rays; not wave nor particle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    He's already pretty much revealed that the Hulk's gamma source is both natural and mystical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Yeah, it's the third unknown form of the Gamma rays; not wave nor particle.
    I was trying not to spoil that part for him yet lol.

Is Ewing going to be at any panels for SDCC? Really hopeful we’ll get more info about what Year 2 of his run will being.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Is Ewing going to be at any panels for SDCC? Really hopeful we’ll get more info about what Year 2 of his run will being.
    Nah, he rarely travels outside the UK. Hopefully we'll see something tomorrow.

Damn it! Sorry. :/

Sorry. My mistake.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Agreed. But I'd say its chance is as good as it gets.

But if this goes to the mediocre/bad Batman's run by King, then something is very, very wrong.
    Tom King is a one trick pony! I agree something would be extremely wrong if King wins.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Well, the indication was a great thing, but it didn't win. Honestly, I think it's much better than Giant Days (I won't even account for the fact of zero commercial success)...

Maybe next year.

Well, the indication was a great thing, but it didn't win. Honestly, I think it's much better than Giant Days (I won't even account for the fact of zero commercial success)...

Maybe next year.
    It's almost better that it doesn't for me. Industry awards are bunk.

Even within the industry the Eisners don’t mean much, so I’m not too upset.