Page 78 of 171 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Al confirming that Banner was truly at the end of all things when he saw Metatron

@Grimn_Fandango
    Quick question please, the last panel on #20 suggests that banner is at the end of all things but how come stars are still visible if it’s the end of all things

@Al_Ewing
    They're exploding one by one.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1147123565440970754
    He will really outlive everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Best stories in order that are available in tpb or HC please.
    I'll try to come up the best list possible. Let's start with the run that started the changes which transformed the character forever (Banner's mind takes control of Hulk's body), paving the way for a lot of what we have nowadays. It's collected here:

1.The Incredible Hulk: Pardoned https://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hu...dp/0785184481/

2.Incredible Hulk: Regression https://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hu...dp/0785162593/

3.Incredible Hulk: Crossroads https://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hu...dp/0785184481/

I wonder if we'll ever get a mention of the Devil Hulk's arc in Jenkin's run; we've had his first appearance brought up already, but there was another storyline which was basically Jenkin's version of "For the man who has everything" with Bruce trapped in a fantasy dream-world inside his head where he's settled down with Betty, they have kids and he has a good relationship with his father....but it was a ruse by the devil Hulk, and Fixit (Ironically in a near-human form) and Savage snap Banner out of it. The next issue had him restrained by the other incarnations, and that's the last we heard about him until Ewing pretty much.

With all the Mantlo callbacks I'm also wondering if we'll see Glow, Guardian and Goblin at some point as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

How was Al Milgron run in Incredible Hulk,right before the run of Peter David on the comic book.
    I am asking because if memory serves me well i have still just read a few stories of this run waaaaay back.
    I would like to know if this run is essential to read before the Peter David run,cause i vaguely remember that in the first stories of Al Milgron it follows plot ideas from the John Byrne run before.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    How was Al Milgron run in Incredible Hulk,right before the run of Peter David on the comic book.
    I am asking because if memory serves me well i have still just read a few stories of this run waaaaay back.
    I would like to know if this run is essential to read before the Peter David run,cause i vaguely remember that in the first stories of Al Milgron it follows plot ideas from the John Byrne run before.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'd say it was ok, mainly because important changes happen there: the return of the Grey Hulk, for example. It's a bridge, so I consider it necessary, in that sense.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Hnnnng, Hulk Squad looks cool there. And this makes me realize how good Joe's pencils are and notice how much of the detail is lost by the inker/colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Hnnnng, Hulk Squad looks cool there. And this makes me realize how good Joe's pencils are and notice how much of the detail is lost by the inker/colorist.
    Yeah the colorist right now imo isn’t very great. It’s only recently that I’ve come to appreciate the dramatic effect a good colorist can have on the art.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I'd say it was ok, mainly because important changes happen there: the return of the Grey Hulk, for example. It's a bridge, so I consider it necessary, in that sense.
    Thanks.
    I had not read all the Al Milgron stories in the Incredible Hulk,but i read a few and remember the stories being interesting.
    I will read all the Al Milgron stories as well,besides reading the ongoing stories of the Hulk i will be reading and re-reading some other runs in the Incredible Hulk comic book.

Fantastic Member

The first three or four issues of Milgrom's run are just rehash of the endless and repetitious mindless Hulk / ponytail Samson desert battles that became tiresome in Byrne's abbreviated run. They are even less interesting because at least the Byrne issues had JB at the top of his art game with big bold interesting panels. Al Milgrom's art had Al at his creative nadir with small, cramped panels, unimaginative tiny figures and weak storytelling a la Secret Wars II (What happened to Al's art Post Spec Spidey / Avengers?!?) And agreed, once the Grey Hulk appeared (actually the Fixit personality arrived in 323) everything got interesting, and the new artist (Steve Geiger) - short-lived as he was - was great and opened the door for Todd McFarlane.

I just read issue #20 and I enjoyed it. I liked how Betty knew how to revive Hulk. I will say I wanted more from Abomination in terms of a physical confrontation with Hulk and Red Harpy. Without the stomach acid he didn't seem all that impressive. Hopefully we will get more from him in the next issue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Issue 20 was a neat conclusion. I am slightly worried for Leonard tho.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

THE IMMORTAL HULK VARIANT COVER- Bob Larkin's COVER homage- Ruy José Inks -Paul Mounts Colors

And more nice Hulk art, by Gary Frank:

Immortal Hulk #20 (again) the best reviewed book of the week, tied with The Dreaming #11, with a score of 9.1!

https://comicbookroundup.com/

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

You know, i hope Geiger shows up in Immortal Hulk. Considering her power is copying Gamma mutates abilities. I wonder how everything with the Green Door affects her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Delinquent - Jones
    Quack - Samson
    Old Goat - Ross
    Copycat - Langkowski

I feel like "Copycat" makes more sense for Cho than Sasquatch.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-08-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You know, i hope Geiger shows up in Immortal Hulk. Considering her power is copying Gamma mutates abilities. I wonder how everything with the Green Door affects her.

I feel like "Copycat" makes more sense for Cho than Sasquatch.
    Good call! She could be interesting!

Another one I'd love to see, even though it's not a Gamma being, would be Gammon, one of the few interesting additions from Doc Green (Duggan's run) brief era. It has so much potential, imo.