Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1031
  1. #496
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,807

    Default

    Why can't sites do their research? Incredible Hulk was released in 2008, not 2010. Anyway, this article claims there's a TV show coming to Disney+:
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marv...falo-involved/

  2. #497
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why can't sites do their research? Incredible Hulk was released in 2008, not 2010. Anyway, this article claims there's a TV show coming to Disney+:
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marv...falo-involved/
    They seem to be the only ones reporting on this, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

  3. #498
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,001

    Default



    Incredible Hulk #237
    Cover Date: July 1979
    Sale Date: April 17th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Jack Abel
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “When A City Dies!”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Trish Starr, Fred Sloan, Clay Quartermain, Peter Spaulding, Colonel Krags
    Villain: Curtiss Jackson
    Synopsis: The gas explosion may have temporarily knocked out the Hulk, but he’s revived when Machine Man is scanning the city and comes across the location of Trish Starr and Curtiss Jackson. The Hulk forgets about his beef with Machine Man, and heads for Jackson’s skyscraper hideout. Machine Man calls for backup and hurries to try and stop him. After a few small diversions, the Hulk arrives and is once again cheated out of revenge on Jackson. He takes out his rage and frustration on the skyscraper and topples it. Knowing that the Hulk will still pose a danger when he digs his way out, Machine Man uses his Mesmer Effect to put him under sedation. Before he can decide what to do, the authorities arrive and Machine Man makes a hasty decision to launch the Hulk into the sky and out of site. He then collapses from exhaustion….




    Commentary: So ends the Corporation/Jackson/Machine Man saga. Wasn’t the greatest, but it certainly wasn’t the worst. Still feel like the Hulk should have been able to take down Machine Man much easier than what we got. Jack Abel steps in and while it’s a welcome change from Esposito, he must have been working under loose pencils from Sal. They looked better in #234….

  4. #499
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    I'm guessing perhaps the new Abomination might be a mix of Blonsky and Jones, since I think it was implied that they used some of the original's genetic material.




    The cocoon after all had two faces, and the Rick excerpt of course said "I'm of two minds about that".

    There's actually an obscure bit of Hulk trivia which might support that, in a sense.....during a very brief time in the 80s, Tyrannus posessed Abominaton's body....and of course the Ewing run has had a ton of references to more obscure Hulk stuff. This is the same guy who brought back Hotshot in just his third issue
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-14-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  5. #500
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing perhaps the new Abomination might be a mix of Blonsky and Jones, since I think it was implied that they used some of the original's genetic material.




    The cocoon after all had two faces, and the Rick excerpt of course said "I'm of two minds about that".

    There's actually an obscure bit of Hulk trivia which might support that, in a sense.....during a very brief time in the 80s, Tyrannus posessed Abominaton's body....and of course the Ewing run has had a ton of references to more obscure Hulk stuff. This is the same guy who brought back Hotshot in just his third issue
    That's an interesting idea and it would certainly make the new Abomination horrifying.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  6. #501
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    All I know is that I'm really, really curious to see the new design is. I'm sure i's gonna be incredible!

  7. #502
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,001

    Default



    Incredible Hulk #238
    Cover Date: August 1979
    Sale Date: May 15th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Jack Abel
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “Post Hulk…Post Holocaust!”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Clay Quartermain, Gov. Brown, Senator Hawk, Doc Samson, Betty and Glenn Talbot
    Synopsis: We open to see Clay Quartermain escorting President Jimmy Carter and Governor Brown thru the wreckage of Central City and discussing what to do about the Hulk problem. Speaking of whom, we see the Hulk making his way out of a wheat field, only to terrify a little girl coming out of a country store. Her father tries to run him down, but it doesn’t work. He tosses the mangled truck and before he can smash the poor man, the little girl begs the brute to not hurt him. It works and the Hulk leaps away, making Mt. Rushmore a temporary resting place. Back at Gamma Base, Doc Samson has tendered his resignation and is taking General Ross off-base for recovery. He and Senator Hawk have one last dispute before departing. Elsewhere, we see a villain known as the Goldbug pick up his upgraded vehicle and head towards the Hulk’s location, and we close out to see Betty and Glenn Talbot finalize their divorce.



    Commentary: Another transition issue, wrapping up elements from one storyline into another. Canon-wise, this issue takes place after Annual #8, where we saw the return of Bruce Banner. Samson, Ross, and of all characters, Kropotkin are all written out of the book and Betty and Talbot are re-introduced. The final page expressing Talbot’s mental state is foreshadowing things to come that the next writer will focus on.

  8. #503
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,001

    Default



    Incredible Hulk #239
    Cover Date: September 1979
    Sale Date: June 19th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Nel Yomtov
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “All That Glitters…”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Clay Quartermain, Senator Hawk, Dr. Maxwell, They Who Wield Power
    Villain: Goldbug



    Synopsis: The Hulk is sleeping atop Mt. Rushmore, while military and Gamma Base personnel monitor the situation and the Goldbug flies to intercept their plans. A couple of Special Forces commandos are sent out to try and tranquilize the brute, but are thwarted when Goldbug stings the Hulk awake. Assessing his surroundings as only the Hulk can, he rages at the commandos. Goldbug convinces the Hulk that he will be safer aboard his ship. He tricks the brute into grabbing the power cables but is able to break free, thanks to some help from They Who Wield Power. Both occupants land safely in the hidden land of gold called El Dorado and are led away into the mist by an elder priest named Tulak.
    Commentary: Esposito returns and he and Sal’s pencils mesh well this time.

  9. #504
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post


    Incredible Hulk #239
    Cover Date: September 1979
    Sale Date: June 19th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Nel Yomtov
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “All That Glitters…”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Clay Quartermain, Senator Hawk, Dr. Maxwell, They Who Wield Power
    Villain: Goldbug



    Synopsis: The Hulk is sleeping atop Mt. Rushmore, while military and Gamma Base personnel monitor the situation and the Goldbug flies to intercept their plans. A couple of Special Forces commandos are sent out to try and tranquilize the brute, but are thwarted when Goldbug stings the Hulk awake. Assessing his surroundings as only the Hulk can, he rages at the commandos. Goldbug convinces the Hulk that he will be safer aboard his ship. He tricks the brute into grabbing the power cables but is able to break free, thanks to some help from They Who Wield Power. Both occupants land safely in the hidden land of gold called El Dorado and are led away into the mist by an elder priest named Tulak.
    Commentary: Esposito returns and he and Sal’s pencils mesh well this time.

    I've never heard of Goldbug before. He kinda reminds me of a knock-off version of DC's Blue Beetle (Ted Kord). Especially with that bug themed ship of his.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  10. #505
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    The first Immortal Hulk statue!

    Immortal Hulk Kotobukiya ARTFX Premier Statue on the Way





    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...remier-statue/

  11. #506
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The first Immortal Hulk statue!

    Immortal Hulk Kotobukiya ARTFX Premier Statue on the Way





    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...remier-statue/
    Awesome, reminds me of this:


  12. #507
    Spectacular Member Shockdingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ZombiePuck, Canada
    Posts
    155

    Default

    That's a pretty sweet statue!
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

  13. #508
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,001

    Default



    Incredible Hulk #240
    Cover Date: October 1979
    Sale Date: July 17th, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: John Costanza
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Al Milgrom

    “…and Now El Dorado”


    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Tulak, Clay Quartermain, Betty Ross, Captain Bowman, Senator Hawk, Fred Sloan, Trish Starr, Diane Perrywinkle
    Villain/Antagonist: Goldbug & They
    Synopsis: Tulak the elder priest has escorted the Hulk into El Dorado, where the brute lashes out against the people fawning over him. They try to make him comfortable and offer a great dinner, but he’s suspicious of the entire operation. Back at Gamma Base, Betty Ross makes her return and gives everyone an update on what she’d been up to since leaving way back in #211. A message is left for her, and it turns out to be from Fred Sloan who has decided to write a book on the Hulk. Small talk with Trish ends with Fred wondering what the Hulk is up to, and we find him back in El Dorado eating and trying to enjoy himself. A gong interrupts the festivities and we are finally treated to the arrival of They Who Wield Power; Prince Rey, Lann, and Aged Des. Snarky remarks infuriate the Hulk and Des steps in to calm him down. Something about the old man bothers the Hulk, and Des conjures up a sight crystal which shows the brute the body of his beloved Jarella in cold storage at Gamma Base. The Hulk rages and Des uses his emotions against him, causing the transformation back into Bruce Banner. Days later, we find Banner still in the lost city and getting the backstory of El Dorado and They…who show their true intentions by capturing him with a giant robotic clamp.



    Commentary: Nice to see Sinnott inking Sal this far back into his run. Esposito and Abel had conflicting styles, and Abel seemed to be a better fit, but Sinnott gives his pencils a nice pop. It’s also refreshing to see the Hulk showing a more cunning side.

  14. #509
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Immortal Hulk July 2019 Solicitations!

    MMORTAL HULK #20
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Carnage-ized Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    • Bruce Banner is being hunted on two fronts by two dead loved ones turned nightmarish, implacable foes.
    • The stage is set for a brutal three-way confrontation between the ABOMINATION...the HARPY...
    • ...and the IMMORTAL HULK.
    MTU1NTYwMzE0OQ==.jpg

    IMMORTAL HULK #21
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    • As the smoke from last issue clears, General Fortean makes a fateful decision.
    • There can be no more half measure. No weapon is off the table. Force must be met with equal force.
    • This is a war without rules...and SHADOW BASE is going to win.
    MTU1NTYwMzE1MQ==.jpg

  15. #510
    Coming Back From Hell Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    454

    Default

    It only gets better! Harpy looks absolutely terrifying here!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •