Page 23 of 171 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

INCREDIBLE HULK: LAST CALL #1
    PETER DAVID (W) • DALE KEOWN (A/C)
    HULK LEGENDS, PETER DAVID & DALE KEOWN REUNITE!
    In his twelve-year stint on THE INCREDIBLE HULK, Peter David redefined the Green Goliath for generations of fans and creators. Artist Dale Keown drew some of that run’s most beloved and influential issues. Now the pair return to their incredible collaboration for a special oversized one-shot issue! Bruce Banner is tired of being the Hulk. Heck, he’s tired of being. But just when he’s about to lose all hope, a miracle occurs: a fight worthy of the Incredible Hulk.

Now, the pair are reuniting once more for a final story starring Marvel's jade giant. Incredible Hulk: Last Call is a special one-shot celebrating Marvel Comics' 80th anniversary. The comic will explore what happens when Banner is tired of his entire existence, only to find himself in "a fight worthy of the Incredible Hulk."

"It's great to be working with Dale again," David told CBR of the project. "Some of my favorite stories were produced during Dale's time on the book, and I endeavored to produce a story that would hit all the high points that fans remember from those days. I can't wait for the readers' reactions to the story."

Incredible Hulk: Last Call, by Peter David and Dale Keown, is scheduled to arrive in June 2019.

source: https://www.cbr.com/peter-david-dale...ulk-last-call/
    I'm quite excited for this! It's about time HULK get some much-needed love, respect and recognition worthy of the STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!! I wonder what kind of massive threat Peter David will set against Hulk/Banner? If it's something truly worthy of the Hulk, it's got to be BIG!

Astonishing Member

Peter David, Dale Keown Reunite for Incredible Hulk: Last Call!!!!!

In his twelve-year stint on THE INCREDIBLE HULK, Peter David redefined the Green Goliath for generations of fans and creators. Artist Dale Keown drew some of that run’s most beloved and influential issues. Now the pair return to their incredible collaboration for a special oversized one-shot issue! Bruce Banner is tired of being the Hulk. Heck, he’s tired of being. But just when he’s about to lose all hope, a miracle occurs: a fight worthy of the Incredible Hulk.

Now, the pair are reuniting once more for a final story starring Marvel's jade giant. Incredible Hulk: Last Call is a special one-shot celebrating Marvel Comics' 80th anniversary. The comic will explore what happens when Banner is tired of his entire existence, only to find himself in "a fight worthy of the Incredible Hulk."

"It's great to be working with Dale again," David told CBR of the project. "Some of my favorite stories were produced during Dale's time on the book, and I endeavored to produce a story that would hit all the high points that fans remember from those days. I can't wait for the readers' reactions to the story."

Incredible Hulk: Last Call, by Peter David and Dale Keown, is scheduled to arrive in June 2019.

This comic book will be a must buy.I liked Peter David run in Incredible Hulk and Hulk but the stories illustrated by Dale Keown were some of my favorites stories from this run.

Peter David, Dale Keown Reunite for Incredible Hulk: Last Call!!!!!

Neat. As a primary DC reader one thing I wish Marvel would do more of are standalone stories. Finished up PAD’s run recently and I’m very excited to see where he wants to go with this.

BANNED

- Two of my favorite pages from Avengers: No Road Home #5 -

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

The return of the Harpy looks very interesting. The Hulk can definitely use more female foes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Bennett is not from this planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Bennett is not from this planet!
    Bennet is Deodato are two of the best comic artist ever.

Both are Brazilian by the way.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Since I have been enjoying Immortal Hulk, I have been tempted to read some other Hulk stories.

As of right now I am leaning heavily toward Planet Hulk & World War Hulk. Any opinions on these events?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Bennet is Deodato are two of the best comic artist ever.

Both are Brazilian by the way.
    Yup! Both are fellow brazilians! Let's not forget about guys like Ivan Reis too!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Since I have been enjoying Immortal Hulk, I have been tempted to read some other Hulk stories.

As of right now I am leaning heavily toward Planet Hulk & World War Hulk. Any opinions on these events?
    Andru, Planet Hulk is one of the greatest Hulk stories ever. WWH is pretty cool too; it follows PH, it's fun, and it's great to see Hulk's revenge against the people who betrayed him!

When you have more time, you should read Bill Mantlo's and Peter David's long runs in the Incredible Hulk. They defined (and redefined) a big part of what the character became nowadays. Oh, and Paul Jenkins' short run is nice too, and has some elements Ewing's using in Immortal Hulk. I believe this will become much clearer n the next issues, starting with Immortal Hulk #15 this week!

Yup! Both are fellow brazilians! Let's not forget about guys like Ivan Reis too!

Andru, Planet Hulk is one of the greatest Hulk stories ever. WWH is pretty cool too; it follows PH, it's fun, and it's great to see Hulk's revenge against the people who betrayed him!

When you have more time, you should read Bill Mantlo's and Peter David's long runs in the Incredible Hulk. They defined (and redefined) a big part of what the character became nowadays. Oh, and Paul Jenkins' short run is nice too, and has some elements Ewing's using in Immortal Hulk. I believe this will become much clearer n the next issues, starting with Immortal Hulk #15 this week!
    Much appreciated! And thank you for the additional recommendations.

Reis is great too!.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm a big fan of Bruce Jones run and the Parker/Hardman Red Hulk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Much appreciated! And thank you for the additional recommendations.
    You're welcome! You'll enjoy them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm a big fan of Bruce Jones run and the Parker/Hardman Red Hulk as well.
    Parker/Hardman was outstanding! Bruce Jones' first year, or one and a half years, more or less, was great. Loved the suspense angle. But after that, it went nowhere, imo!

Dream come true! Man, what a time to be a Hulk fan (the one in the comics, of course)!
    So true! I love everything Marvel did with Hulk since No Surrender!!!! Even his cameo during Fantastic Four was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

Thanks for sharing, amazing art. I can't wait!!!!