Page 20 of 171 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think Banner had any fault at all. If anything it, it looked like a mindless Hulk version.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another good issue. Looks like this is the start of “Year Two” and the Hell issues can be seen almost like a Season finale.

The art is quite a leap from Bennett so I didn’t like it as much. But there’s nothing wrong with it, either.
    Interested to see what happens next & it seems as though the clocks ticking for Abomination to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Another good issue. Looks like this is the start of “Year Two” and the Hell issues can be seen almost like a Season finale.

The art is quite a leap from Bennett so I didn’t like it as much. But there’s nothing wrong with it, either.
    Interested to see what happens next & it seems as though the clocks ticking for Abomination to come back.
    I went back and forth. In some scenes I agree I missed Bennett, for example I did not like Banner as much as drawn. But I really dug that massive muscled hulk imagery we got, especially that panel of him looming over the Avengers during the CW flashback. There was such raw scale and power.

It did seem like we were in mindless hulk territory again … Not much being said by our green friend, but at this point I have complete faith in Al Ewing. It has just been a joy.

Love how Ewing ties things together such as the references to Hulkverines.

The over-reliance of death as a plot-point gets a twist when it's used as it is here.

Usually like Hotz' art but it was a bit jarring here. If the series had always had this art though, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Glad to see this book is doing so well!

Not only Immortal Hulk #1 got a fourth printing
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-conan-second/

IH #2,3,4,5 and 6 also got fourth and third printings!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...runs-and-more/

Also, #14 already went to 2nd printing:

Badass panel of the week: Hulk, even without half of his head (blew up) can't be stopped!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Having read the letters page it looks like we'll be getting into the other Hulk personas in the next issue.

Maybe we'll see the first of the Green Scar in a decade?

I don't think we've seen him since Heart of the Monster at least not the True 616 version.

I hope Ewing doesn't imply that the Hulk, any version, worked with Captain Hydra willingly and 100% lucidly.

I'm willing to accept that awoken, confused, and angry Hulk took what he thought was Cap at his word and went after this that betrayed him.

But I can't see him working with the guy who killed Rick. It be like the Illuminati debacle all over again.
    Honestly it's moments like this that I dislike the idea of two Steve Rogers in the Marvel Universe as of late.

I rather it be one and shown how difficult it would have been to shown his dark side just like Hulk and Banner.

BANNED

Immortal Hulk #14 was another incredibly astounding issue in the series! It was dark, intense, and superbly well done. Al Ewing continues to be a master at writing, and the art by Kyle Hotz fit perfectly. I love that we got all the references to continuity such as General Ross' multiple funerals, Betty being Red She-Hulk and her time as an agent of the Order of the SHIELD, Betty and others having their Hulk forms taken from them by Doc Green, Rick's death, and everything else!

And not to mention the fact that Shadow Base is fully intent on resurrecting the Abomination! They even have his full skeleton! And a nice mention we got from the remains of the Abomination clone from Waid's run that was set to explode before it was sent to orbit around Jupiter. It's great to see Al Ewing invest himself in our Green Goliath and his rich history, lore and mythology. I cannot wait for the next issue with Samson! That's gonna be very interesting.

Speaking of interesting, Avengers: No Road Home #4 was another solid issue! I'm really loving Nyx. She's a powerful, fascinating, beautifully designed, and unique antagonist. I do hope she isn't destroyed/killed off, but rather defeated and contained. I would love it if she would become a powerful femme fatale antagonist to the Immortal Hulk. I mean, Nyx and Hulk do have a connection to: Darkness, The Night, Rage, Hate, Vengeance, Misery, etc. Loads of potential to be mined there, if one to pursue her and add her to the Hulk's rogues gallery. I could even see Nyx become a pawn to the ultimate evil, the ultimate darkness that is... THE ONE BELOW ALL!!!

And that last page with Hulk atop Nightmare's horse, blazing emerald flames and wielding a sword is one of the most badass things I can ever recall seeing in a comic!
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 03-08-2019 at 01:18 AM.

BANNED

Can't wait for the preview

From IH#15, now with colours!

Incredible Member

Just read it today..... I'm now older than Thunderbolt Ross by one year?.... ooof......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Just read it today..... I'm now older than Thunderbolt Ross by one year?.... ooof......
    Hey, hunting Hulks keeps ya spry.

BANNED

Joe... Joe Fixit. 'Nuff said.