Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2556
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s definitely true, Devil Hulk is more a cold rage and contempt kind of guy. But he *did* snap when Betty got shot and then he took a head shot, that dude was pure red hot rage and wrath and it was awesome to see.
    Cause he switched to Savage Hulk there, after he calmed down and reverted back to Devil Hulk he showed that he didn't really care much for Betty, Samson was more worried about her than him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Cause he switched to Savage Hulk there, after he calmed down and reverted back to Devil Hulk he showed that he didn't really care much for Betty, Samson was more worried about her than him.
    Devil Hulk is more aware about the resurrection trick they have going on now, though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Devil Hulk is more aware about the resurrection trick they have going on now, though
    Sure but he didn't have much concern for where Betty went or what happened to her after she went missing. He even threatened her not to hurt Savage Hulk again, so he really doesn't care about anyone else other than Savage Hulk and Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Sure but he didn't have much concern for where Betty went or what happened to her after she went missing. He even threatened her not to hurt Savage Hulk again, so he really doesn't care about anyone else other than Savage Hulk and Banner.
    I think he actually cares about Rick more than Betty.

Folks arguing about whether gamma is magic or science need to re-read issue twenty. TOBA says it succinctly: "Everything is more than one thing."

Not sure if I have much to add to the debate, but this whole thing kind of reminds me of JMS's changes to the Spider-Man mythos (The totem/Morlun/Order whatever stuff, not the Sins past and OMD stuff that came much later).

I think it's also somewhat tied in the long-held but rarely seen power that Hulk has, that he can see ghosts/astral forms.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure if I have much to add to the debate, but this whole thing kind of reminds me of JMS's changes to the Spider-Man mythos (The totem/Morlun/Order whatever stuff, not the Sins past and OMD stuff that came much later).

I think it's also somewhat tied in the long-held but rarely seen power that Hulk has, that he can see ghosts/astral forms.
    Eh, this is different in that it compliments and expands the mythos and character. Not adding mystic mumbo jumbo to an 'every man' character.

Ewing is doing an excellent job yes, but most everything he's doing was hinted at or flat out stated by Hulk's other big writer, PAD. His Maestro came back from ashes, gamma reflecting an inner mind was outright stated and in Hulk 400, when Marlo was resurrected, the gamma powered guy who worked the Leaders machine was hinted at being able to connect to something greater.

To say nothing of Hulk being limited by day light, see astral forms (outright stated to be Hulk looking for the ghost of his father), etc.

Wonder if we'll see Marlo soon as well. She'd tie in well to the whole death and resurrection thing. Ewing mentioned Brian and Samson's Resurrection in the CHAOS WAR event, and that's when we last saw her I think, so obviously he's aware of that bit of Hulk continuity. Of course he also mentioned her when Bruce "woke" with Fixit's mustache and clothes.

Plus she was a Harpy as well....and Betty and her used to be roommates, and of course she had a romantic relationship with "Joe" before Rick so I think there's some interesting story potential there.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Folks arguing about whether gamma is magic or science need to re-read issue twenty. TOBA says it succinctly: "Everything is more than one thing."
    That's exactly my point. But to some people it's more important that Hulk beats up Superman with his new magical powers than what actually the book says.

Priorities, priorities.

I just have Superfan on ignore while I’m in this thread because he’s utterly incapable of not flying off the handle and fighting for pages. Everyone should probably do likewise. Surprised he hasn’t been banned yet.
    Mind telling me where I did that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Exactly what i was saying, not that the gamma is only one thing at a time and switches from one to another, which really isn't the case.

Gamma is science and magic and the divine, it has it's origins and ties to all of it now.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 11-05-2019 at 11:15 PM.

BANNED

All of this is silly, such a random comment from me about WBH vaporizing Superman because his gamma is magic lol.

The gamma doesn't even need to be magic since WBH godstomps Superman, it was just a funny turn of events because the last thing you would think would be a factor between the 2 is magic, but thanks to gamma and Hulks origin being retconned this has changed now. And it doesn't help that in Rebirth Superman is even more vulnerable to magic than usual.

More of Joe's art

74168254_10216461314750067_6042712376346673152_n.jpg

I love what's being set-up in today's issue with the expansion of the cast (especially with the Leader on the horizon), the battle with Roxxon and more details about the missing personalities and possible reasons why. Ewing is doing a great job. I wonder who Marvel has in mind to replace Bennet. It will be a tough act to follow after the work Bennet is doing. Maybe Schiti? Kuder?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I love what's being set-up in today's issue with the expansion of the cast (especially with the Leader on the horizon), the battle with Roxxon and more details about the missing personalities and possible reasons why. Ewing is doing a great job. I wonder who Marvel has in mind to replace Bennet. It will be a tough act to follow after the work Bennet is doing. Maybe Schiti? Kuder?
    Is he confirmed off the book? He did that King Shazam one shot over at DC while also doing Immortal Hulk so I wasn’t sure if he was really stepping away. You know who I REALLY want to see draw an Immortal Hulk issue? Jae Lee.

Is he confirmed off the book? He did that King Shazam one shot over at DC while also doing Immortal Hulk so I wasn’t sure if he was really stepping away. You know who I REALLY want to see draw an Immortal Hulk issue? Jae Lee.
    With the unfortunate passing of his son I assume he will take some time off (it's necessary). I think Lee would be good as a guest but like Kyle Holtz, I think his use of shadows can distract from the story telling (imo), though I think his cover work is some of the best in the business.