Page 90 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I disagree, the whole thing has been getting better and better for me personally and judging from the reviews the tens of thousands of people that jumped in on the series since the TOBA hell arc and the Eisner nominations i will say my judgement is pretty accurate here lol. As for issue 25, it looks like a banger, a multiversal Hulk is not something i expected but we will wait and see.
    Its like different people have different opinion! Shocking!

This is easily one of the best comic books out there, everything points to it and if you will please tell me some ongoing series at Marvel/DC that are better than this.
    Who said I was talking about DC or Marvel only? Anyway Green Lantern by Grant Morrison is easily better than this.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Comicpop just uploaded back issue's for the immortal hulk

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post

Who said I was talking about DC or Marvel only? Anyway Green Lantern by Grant Morrison is easily better than this.
    That's why it's having the same critical praise and commercial success than this. NOT. LOL!

Extraordinary Member

Is the most recent issue a good jumping on point?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    No, i don't think so. I believe, you should start from first. It's really good. Would be worth it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, i don't think so. I believe, you should start from first. It's really good. Would be worth it.
    I've read the first volume. I'm just not really in a position where I can afford to buy the back issues and play catch up. It's cool. I can wait for the next jumping on point.

Fantastic Member

Different opinions are one thing, but this book is OBJECTIVELY doing better by every measurable metric than it has during the TOBA hell arc is the point i am trying to make, the book is only getting better, not worse, for you maybe it's not as good but that's just you, most others would disagree.

If you have anything outside of Marvel/DC feel free to tell me about it as well. No it isn't. I actually read Green Lantern and while it's an enjoyable read it's nowhere near on the level of Immortal Hulk and the critical response, commercial success and various rewards can attest to this. You may enjoy it more or think it's better but it really isn't. The themes alone being explored in this book are already more interesting and profound than any book currently out on the market.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I've read the first volume. I'm just not really in a position where I can afford to buy the back issues and play catch up. It's cool. I can wait for the next jumping on point.
    I believe that Immortal Hulk #25, which will set up everything that comes next for the character, is going to be an excellent jumping on issue.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hi guys/gals, new in this part of the forum. But, i was wondering if the hulks ability to see ghosts and astral forms connected to his immortality and his death/rebirth cycle via green door?
    Also, hulk has sort of become like the mythical phoenix with death/rebirth and His blood having ability to give life and stuff.
    It probably has a lot to do with the fact that Banner... Is Already Dead!!! Whoooo whhhooo hah hah hah...
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Yeah I don’t think there’s going to be a “jumping on point” for Ewing’s run. It’s currently selling really well and has been going UP in sales, so I don’t think Ewing is under any pressure to get more new readers on board. My advice? If you can’t go back and buy the back issues just read the trades. Ewing has this three Act structure mapped out and he’s a huge fan of using Marvel continuity. I don’t think it’s going to get any easier to “jump in” as it were.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-18-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Should note that after the first year, the series seemed to feel more comfortable with brining in more Hulk lore-mainly the Hulk's semi-regular supporting cast: Rick, Betty, Samson etc. and of course "Joe".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Lightbulb

To get the full experience you need to start at the first issue, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

21 issues in and still thoroughly enjoying it, still have no idea where it’s all going, still excited for the next issue.

This is good comics. As many have already said, this could be one to go down in history.

As a long time Hulk fan who rarely read's modern Marvel comics, I'm curious about something. Hopefully this doesn't come off as too negative.

I get that this series is generally critically acclaimed, but is it a good Hulk comic? I've browsed the series and I can't say that what I've seen appeals to me. It strikes me as eerily similar to the hated (for me at least) Bruce Jones run that made me stop reading the Hulk after having followed the series since 1987. I don't get how you can build suspense and rarely show the Hulk when he's a worldwide icon plastered on toy boxes. I also don't get the appeal of the Hulk as a horror character. This seems to me to be another case of a writer using the Hulk's iconography to tell an unrelated story that doesn't mesh with 50+ years of the characters mythos. I could be wrong, I'm just looking for opinions, mainly from reader's who are also fans of "classic" 70's Hulk, Peter David's run, etc.

While they both have Banner sort of going from town to town and a mysterious base, but this run focuses a lot more on the Hulk showing up, as well as the duality of the characters and their "relationship". For the most part the Jones run seemed to just focus on Banner, and not the Hulk. Also, unlike Jones's Hulk which for the most part seemed to go from mindless to 'smart', the Immortal/Devil is sort of an interesting personality that's sort of similar to the more malevolent Hulk from the silver age (and a few runs since then). It's also focused a bit on some of the other personalities-Savage is still around (He's sort of the Hulk to Immortal Hulk, when IH gets badly wounded or in rage mode he reverts to the savage incarnation, or "The big guy") and there was quite an interesting twist with the Joe Fixit persona returning, but in Banner's body!

Initially the issues were a bit more self-contained but pretty much by the Sasquatch issue they started to build more on Hulk continuity and his relationship to the larger MCU (Something I think Jones mostly steered clear of).

The mostly new thing they're working with is the spiritual stuff which sort of has been a part of the Hulk for a while (his ability to see spectral forms), but never really fully explained or explored.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth