Page 76 of 171 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2556
    PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Are you talking about Metatron? We did mention him earlier.
    Nah. After the letters page.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Nah. After the letters page.
    Oh.... Yea Ross is back, Carnage stole his body out of the grave. Well it makes sense there was a Carnage/Immortal Hulk comic announced, it will come out in October.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ulk-1-october/
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-03-2019 at 01:46 PM.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Oh.... Yea Ross is back, Carnage stole his body out of the grave. Well it makes sense there was a Carnage/Immortal Hulk comic announced, it will come out in September

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ulk-1-october/
    Ah, I stopped following Cates' Venom after the Knull fight. Carry on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Ah, I stopped following Cates' Venom after the Knull fight. Carry on.
    I don't follow his Venom at all tbh lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Something to note about the title- Metatron isn't just the name of the Voice of God who speaks for God in Judeo-Christian esotericism. He was a mortal, Enoch, who lived until age 365 before he "walked with God; and he was no more; for God took him." (Genesis 5:21-24.) Tradition says that he entered Heaven alive and ascended, becoming an angel, an occurrence that is not elsewhere in actual Judeo-Christian tradition. In addition to his duties as the Attendant to YHWH, Metatron was guardian of the celestial treasures and chief of the archangels. It was he who spoke to Moses.

Enoch is also the 'author' of the Apocryphal text known as the Book of Enoch. This text is in turn made of smaller books. One, entitled the Book of Watchers, chronicles the archangels who bred with humans, producing the Nephilim and resulting in the Deluge. Others, including the Epistle of Enoch and the Dream Visions, are full of hallucinatory, apocalyptic narratives.

Is any of this relevant? I have no idea, but when combined with the Kabbalistic influences of the One Below All and the nature of the semi-Satanic Hulk's Immortality, it all feels like it could be. After all, what is the Hulk but a post-modern radioactive Nephilim?
    That was a great post! You really nailed with the Nephilim part.

I don't follow his Venom at all tbh lol.
    It used to be my 2nd favorite book, quite behind Immortal Hulk, but it was losing steam over time, and now I stopped reading it. The same is happening with Cate's GotG book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It used to be my 2nd favorite book, quite behind Immortal Hulk, but it was losing steam over time, and now I stopped reading it. The same is happening with Cate's GotG book.
    Yea, never really cared about Venom so i never picked it up then i heard the book kinda started dropping in quality and i just never bothered.

Though i read his Silver Surfer Black, that i loved, i think it's suppose to be a mini so hopefully it delivers fully before it starts dropping off.

And here comes the reviews!

You Don't Read Comics (10/10)

In the end, if you’ve been enjoying this book (and many people have), then there’s nothing here that will turn you away. It’s more of the same greatness the creative team has been delivering all along. And, if you haven’t been reading this book, you really should be. The first trades are out now, and they do not disappoint, whether you’re a longtime Hulk fan, or looking for a natural entry point to the character.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...hulk-20-review

Weird Science (9.7/10)

If you love the Hulk, buy this issue and add it to your pull list. If you love stories that make you really think about something mysterious, powerful, and heavy than this issue is for you. If you have Biblical interests, this issue is for you. If you love action-packed fights laid out gorgeously by this dynamic art team led by Joe Bennett, you need to buy this issue. Basically, I don’t know who wouldn’t like this issue! Everyone needs to read this series. Buy the trades to catch up and start now with issue 20 if you want to read something truly next level! Ewing has something for everyone in every issue. Give issue 20 a try and tell me what you think.

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ulk-20-review/

AIPT! (9.5/10)

There is a reason this book is hailed every single issue. It’s thought-provoking, dark, twisted, unnerving, and the best kind of superhero horror storytelling. Immortal Hulk will twist your stomach, your head, and your heart.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ulk-20-review/

Beyond the Panel (9/10)

This is the kind of action-packed issue of Immortal Hulk that makes you fall in love with the book all over again. This was the full package between heart, discovery, and loads of action. Things did get a bit strange at the very end, but it also gets the wheels turning in your head since the lore of Bruce Banner is being blown wide open.

https://beyondthepanel.net/2019/07/0...ortal-hulk-20/

Comics the Gathering (9/10)

We're 20 issues deep and the creators are confidently showing us there's no end to the complexities and mysteries we'll encounter when we follow the Immortal Hulk. It's a book of duality and tension, and this beautiful installment twists the knives even further with its deft balance of real-world and allegorical troubles.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...hulk-20-review

The Super Powered Fancast (9.5/10)

The Story: Al Ewing deftly blends horror, psychological thriller, monster movie action and dark humor into this issue. The moments between Hulk and Betty are tense and interesting and Hulk’s connection to and protection of Banner continues to be a great plot thread to explore. The dialogue and the action are fantastic and Ewing impresses with a story that continues to evolve and take new directions with each arc. The final moments of this issue are incredibly intriguing and I can’t wait to see where the story goes next.

The Art: Joe Bennett masterfully brings Ewing’s story to life with beautiful art. Every page looks great and all of the action is fantastic.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-20-review/

Q: @Al_Ewing Congratulations once again for another amazing issue of Immortal Hulk! That is one of these issues that leave us with a million thoughts in our minds. Btw, will every single moment (horseman of war, for example) mentioned be explained/shown in the future? Thanks!!

A: Al Ewing Writes Comics @Al_Ewing - They all refer to a beat or character we've got lined up for future issues.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Q: @Al_Ewing Congratulations once again for another amazing issue of Immortal Hulk! That is one of these issues that leave us with a million thoughts in our minds. Btw, will every single moment (horseman of war, for example) mentioned be explained/shown in the future? Thanks!!

A: Al Ewing Writes Comics @Al_Ewing - They all refer to a beat or character we've got lined up for future issues.

Interesting...
    Glad Ewing has been kind enough to answer all my questions on twitter! It makes me even more excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Glad Ewing has been kind enough to answer all my questions on twitter! It makes me even more excited!
    It was a good question, and I'm glad we got clarification on that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

Interesting...
    YES!!!

I was right and i am honestly glad because i would rather see new characters/villains and plot lines be introduced than rely on old ones.

Like can you imagine Hulk fighting the actual horseman of war, confronting the beast of myth and stuff like that.

Oh man... the things they have in store for us... It's gonna blow our minds.

@Immortal Hulk, perfect question man!

Thank you, guys! I didn't expect He'd answer that one.

Glad he did! We'll have some crazy years ahead with this book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    They are Banner.

They are themselves but they are also him.
    It depends, many interpretations simply have them as being alternate personalities where banner is one of them trapped in one mind due to his multiple personality disorder. Within that framework, the banner personality controls the hulk personality. For instance thanos vs hulk posits that there are 2 souls in his body now (similar to IH 227 where samson concluded that they are 2 separate beings), and hulk has developed his own distinct personality. PAD where childhood trauma developed the hulk as a distinct personality (and joe fixit for his sexuality etc)

In greg pak's one, it was the hulk doing the calculations himself from what I remember, because hulk and banner were basically the same person in denial rather than themselves or different personalities (Incredible hulks 635 had a revelation after the wishing well didn't work as intended by betty with the "You Got Me")
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 07-03-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Btw, guys. It's already getting a second printing! That was fast.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY198936

Fantastic Member

Yep only 1 day later already second printing, I am so happy this series is doing good i predict another 40-50 issues on the series.