Page 127 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The Super Powered Fancast (9.6/10)

The Story: Al Ewing continues to take Banner’s story in some unique, brave and shocking places and this issue is no exception. There are some great moments throughout this issue and telling the story from McGee’s perspective is perfect. There is a moment where Hulk compares Fortean to Ross that is chilling in its execution. A great read filled with tension and suspense.

The Art: Joe Bennett goes for the jugular visually in this issue. There are some intense body horror moments throughout and the final page is both beautiful and visceral.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-23-review/

BANNED

I hear people discussing about "The Hulk That Was" on here in the last few pages. Honestly? I do not believe it to be Amadeus Cho or any of those false Hulks. I personally believe the "Hulk that Was" will be in fact either the one from Secret Empire, or the last persona who had the most control previously before Devil Hulk, which would be the Green Scar. It could also be someone who was a Hulk but isn't no longer which makes Skaar a likely suspect.

As for Dario Agger/Minotaur and Roxxon being the next antagonist for the Hulk, I think this has a lot of great potential with Al Ewing being at the helm. Knowing Agger, he'll become extremely desperate and determined to eliminate the Immortal Hulk. He has the resources to be a truly formidable threat. He'll use every powerful weapon, every powerful villain, monster or whatever in order to ensure the Hulk is stopped. Plus, it's going to have legions of Giant Monsters from Monster Isle!

What some are forgetting is that Dario Agger does know the location of a certain powerful monster, one that the Hulk has never faced before. A monster who was imprisoned in the depths of a burning star. A monster who may be the only creature in existence capable of handling the Hulk in an all-out physical confrontation. And, yes, it is a Jack Kirby creation.

Anyways, I found Immortal Hulk #23 to be very enjoyable. I just wish it was longer, but I suppose that's what #24 is for! It'll wrap up the arc and lead us right to the epic Immortal Hulk #25! I loved the last page, horrific and brutal. And I love the fear on the face of Fortean, for just as it was stated in the comic:

There is no plan for the Hulk.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-04-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I hear people discussing about "The Hulk That Was" on here in the last few pages. Honestly? I do not believe it to be Amadeus Cho or any of those false Hulks. I personally believe the "Hulk that Was" will be in fact either the one from Secret Empire, or the last persona who had the most control previously before Devil Hulk, which would be the Green Scar. It could also be someone who was a Hulk but isn't no longer which makes Skaar a likely suspect.

As for Dario Agger/Minotaur and Roxxon being the next antagonist for the Hulk, I think this has a lot of great potential with Al Ewing being at the helm. Knowing Agger, he'll become extremely desperate and determined to eliminate the Immortal Hulk. He has the resources to be a truly formidable threat. He'll use every powerful weapon, every powerful villain, monster or whatever in order to ensure the Hulk is stopped. Plus, it's going to have legions of Giant Monsters from Monster Isle!

What some are forgetting is that Dario Agger does know the location of a certain powerful monster, one that the Hulk has never faced before. A monster who was imprisoned in the depths of a burning star. A monster who may be the only creature in existence capable of handling the Hulk in an all-out physical confrontation. And, yes, it is a Jack Kirby creation.

Anyways, I found Immortal Hulk #23 to be very enjoyable. I just wish it was longer, but I suppose that's what #24 is for! It'll wrap up the arc and lead us right to the epic Immortal Hulk #25! I loved the last page, horrific and brutal. And I love the fear on the face of Fortean, for just as it was stated in the comic:

There is no plan for the Hulk.
    The Hulk is all about Chaos, as Ewing has stated sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

Aaron did a pretty good job at supercharging that beast in his last outing ... For Hulk to go to-to-toe against _that_ ... they'd have to revisit the god statement Thor made early on.

Just occurred to me that that the Hulk-that-was could be Xemnu the Living Titan, originally the Living Hulk before Hulk hit the screen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Just occurred to me that that the Hulk-that-was could be Xemnu the Living Titan, originally the Living Hulk before Hulk hit the screen.
    That's actually a pretty good guess, there were actually a few more "Hulks" before Bruce Banner became THE Hulk running around IIRC.

Yeah Stan or other Marvel writers seemed to like to use the word a lot.

CBR for instance did a story on a 1960 Hulk Hogan(!) just last week. https://www.cbr.com/hulk-hogan-marvel-gunsmoke-western/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My bet for The Hulk that was is Walter Langkowski. He is an integral part of this run. Also, He was called, by Brian Banner, "the copycat". Not to mention, it was said that Sasquatch had exactly the same Gamma signature as the one from the Hulk. And, of course, He was Sasquatch.

He's a mystery to be explored. A Gamma being who hasn't come back from death? Strange...

Another perfect score review!

You Don't Read Comics (10/10)

Overall, this issue doesn’t have a sour note. If you’ve been reading this book, you know this is what been building to for a while. Ewing definitely seems to be coming up on a milestone for the title, but he also appears to be nowhere near slowing down or running out of ideas. This is one of Marvel’s best books out right now, and if you’ve been sleeping on it, you should take some time to catch up. It is, without a doubt, history in the making.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...hulk-23-review

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Bet: Bruce's terrible choice will involve sacrificing Del Frye because he's somehow involved with opening the Green Door and it's the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Bet: Bruce's terrible choice will involve sacrificing Del Frye because he's somehow involved with opening the Green Door and it's the only way.
    Del Frye intrigues me the most. All I know is that He'll bring a lot of trouble.

I think Bruce's terrible choice will have to do with "Hulk generation", whatever that is.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It's the Horseman of War in his Nightmare Armour. It's Fortean.
    O.k. I'm still not clear on how the conclusion is drawn from the story so far. I understand that General Fortean is a military man and the Qlipphoth is a covering that can be considered metaphorically "armor", but I can't take that for certifiable evidence. That scenario could fit any number of characters.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    My bet for The Hulk that was is Walter Langkowski. He is an integral part of this run. Also, He was called, by Brian Banner, "the copycat". Not to mention, it was said that Sasquatch had exactly the same Gamma signature as the one from the Hulk. And, of course, He was Sasquatch.

He's a mystery to be explored. A Gamma being who hasn't come back from death? Strange...
    Hulk drain might free gamma beings from the cycle of death and rebirth?

Might explain why only Hulk remains in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    O.k. I'm still not clear on how the conclusion is drawn from the story so far. I understand that General Fortean is a military man and the Qlipphoth is a covering that can be considered metaphorically "armor", but I can't take that for certifiable evidence. That scenario could fit any number of characters.
    Let's wait and see. But this and Hulk on his Steel Throne (there's the awful decision mentioned together here:the role to change the world the way He wants. That's not a wise decision - beginning of act 3) are a given, imo. They close act 2 from the run. It would be naive, again in my opinion, to assume all these plots will happen only in the 2 remaining acts. Notice that they are probably mentioned in chronological order: Nightmare Armour (horseman of War) -- steel Throne and awful decision -- Beast of Myth (probably Minotaur) and Hulk that was (act 3) -- Thing in the tube and the Thoughtful Man (act 4).