Page 1 of 171 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Default Bruce Banner: The Hulk Appreciation 2019

Didn't see a thread up.

X36m0H4Y_1112181106441gpadd.jpg

Happy New Year to the Strongest There Is and all his fans .

It seems the current series has been good to the Hulk. I hope 2019 continues with this energy.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

That was a fantastic issue! Probably my favorite since #7. I was kinda worried Ewing might only make slight references to God and religion with a couple of *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* metaphors and such, but he's going all in on the dualism and meta-context! Good stuff.

But I'm sure it'll rank lower on the pole for some folks due to it being a more dialog-heavy issue than normal.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Just read it! It's just brilliant, another issue that makes you think.

Now that is Hell!

... so what's going on in this issue? who are the villains?

This was a good issue but the whole checking the mentally ill, homeless, child abuse victim's privilege seemed a tad incongruous with everything else.

Miss McGee, you realize that you're talking to a guy who has multiple stare funded organizations dedicated to hunting him down like an animal, right?

You were there for the newest Gamma Flight founding and everything. What was their first mission again?

I mean I'll give Ewing the benefit of the doubt that he's going somewhere with this, Hulk didn't seem to acknowledge that part of what McGee said, so maybe this is all leading to her finding out the hard way that she doesn't want Banner's life.

Edit: Also Hulk let's shot the time. By the Military too.

Just because it doesn't put him down doesn't mean it doesn't count.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 01-02-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so what's going on in this issue? who are the villains?
    Sorry, but every question you ask here in the Hulk thread can be answered in the comic itself. Do you even read the book??

BANNED

So this is it . Bruce will go up against his own demon after all . Well we all know who that demon is right ? lol And those two opposite forces will collide for one last time . This is going to be epic . The issue was really amaing though and art was astonished or great as always .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    So this is it . Bruce will go up against his own demon after all . Well we all know who that demon is right ? lol And those two opposite forces will collide for one last time . This is going to be epic . The issue was really amaing though and art was astonished or great as always .
    I've read it again, and liked even more. It's going to be epic, indeed.

By the way, what do you mean by Well we all know who that demon is?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    This was a good issue but the whole checking the mentally ill, homeless, child abuse victim's privilege seemed a tad incongruous with everything else.

Miss McGee, you realize that you're talking to a guy who has multiple stare funded organizations dedicated to hunting him down like an animal, right?

You were there for the newest Gamma Flight founding and everything. What was their first mission again?

I mean I'll give Ewing the benefit of the doubt that he's going somewhere with this, Hulk didn't seem to acknowledge that part of what McGee said, so maybe this is all leading to her finding out the hard way that she doesn't want Banner's life.

Edit: Also Hulk let's shot the time. By the Military too.

Just because it doesn't put him down doesn't mean it doesn't count.
    That's true, but after all the damage the Hulk has done, continues to do and will no doubt do in the future, he is forgiven. On occasion he faces an organization dedicated to hunting him down yes, but for the damage Hulk's done, he has gotten off easy. If the MU's heroes acted like a real world law enforcement agency, there'd be a full time taskforce on the Hulk, all armed with weapons/powers allowing them to resolved the situation permanently.

But, ya know, comics. Where the taskforce is either evil (Shadowbase) or woefully underarmed and under equipped (gamma flight)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Sorry, but every question you ask here in the Hulk thread can be answered in the comic itself. Do you even read the book??
    He might be behind. I know I am.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's true, but after all the damage the Hulk has done, continues to do and will no doubt do in the future, he is forgiven. On occasion he faces an organization dedicated to hunting him down yes, but for the damage Hulk's done, he has gotten off easy. If the MU's heroes acted like a real world law enforcement agency, there'd be a full time taskforce on the Hulk, all armed with weapons/powers allowing them to resolved the situation permanently.

But, ya know, comics. Where the taskforce is either evil (Shadowbase) or woefully underarmed and under equipped (gamma flight)
    a few Points:

1) For most of his history Hulk has not been an Avenger. He only started to be one again for movie synergy.

2) He's saved the world at least as many times as the rest of them. Complain about the Hulk's rage all they want but it's been the only thing standing between them and annihilation over and over again.

3) They've never put down the Hulk permanently, but it ain't from a lack of trying. This is what really gets me because that's been a theme in this book.

Hell, half the time they try to put the Hulk down while he's dealing with the actual threat and end up doubling the property damage.

Maybe they should just leave him alone?

But they never do.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The hell?
    Why they'd close the old thread?
    Oh well....