Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Astonishing Ant-Man:Scott Lang Appreciation 2019

Happy new year Scott fans!

I am not sure how I missed Nick Spencer’s run on this character, but I received the complete collection over christmas and LOVE IT!

Any other Scott stories you would recommend?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fraction/Allreds Future Foundation

Waid/Garron Ant-Man & The Wasp

Secret Empire

Prolly Duggan's cosmic stuff that I haven't read, but I trust the D-Man
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spencer's stuff is the best that I've read so far. he's pretty much the definitive take on the character.

Happy New Year Scott (and Cassie) .

I also really liked Scott in Fraction's FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I also really liked Scott in Fraction's FF.
    I didn't hate it. it was the only access to scott that I had, at the time. but I still don't much care for the Darla relationship. not sure why Fraction made it so lopsided. it's just bound to blow up in Scott's face. but I liked Scott playing an imperfect parent to the Future Foundation kids. and I liked that he was a formidable opponent when pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year Scott (and Cassie) .
    It's their 40th anniversary this year, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How was the Guardians run that featured Scott?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Starts well, but then it became Infinity Countdown, where the Guardians break up. Scott ends up stowing away on a Nova Corps transport and then requesting help from Nadia Van Dyne to get home (which we see in Waid's Ant-Man and the Wasp mini-series).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Spencer's stuff is the best that I've read so far. he's pretty much the definitive take on the character.
    Totally agree with this. The book was fun. He doesn't dump all over Cassie like the rest of Marvel does. Plus he had a great supporting cast.

Yeah... I wasn't pleased that Waid's mini didn't end with Nadia and Cassie meeting. They didn't even acknowledge that Cassie was a superhero. Are they downplaying Stinger because Nadia has basically the same powers - and is even the same canonical age, 16? Sure, Stinger is another Wasp, but that shouldn't mean there isn't room for her. Hopefully it's true that Young Avengers is coming back, and Cassie will be in it. I certainly wouldn't expect Cassie to join the Champions, due to power duplication, but that doesn't mean there's no room for her. And as I mentioned before, it's the Langs' anniversary this year. Scott and Cassie deserve a regular place somewhere. If Scott's book isn't relaunched, maybe give Ant-Man a spot on a new third Avengers team (Aaron's and West Coast being the current two)? He will, after all, be featured in the Avengers Endgame movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah... I wasn't pleased that Waid's mini didn't end with Nadia and Cassie meeting. They didn't even acknowledge that Cassie was a superhero. Are they downplaying Stinger because Nadia has basically the same powers - and is even the same canonical age, 16? Sure, Stinger is another Wasp, but that shouldn't mean there isn't room for her. Hopefully it's true that Young Avengers is coming back, and Cassie will be in it. I certainly wouldn't expect Cassie to join the Champions, due to power duplication, but that doesn't mean there's no room for her. And as I mentioned before, it's the Langs' anniversary this year. Scott and Cassie deserve a regular place somewhere. If Scott's book isn't relaunched, maybe give Ant-Man a spot on a new third Avengers team (Aaron's and West Coast being the current two)? He will, after all, be featured in the Avengers Endgame movie.
    Agreed. There are two Wasp's. Why not a Stinger? Scott deserves another book. He had a great supporting cast. Cassie just got going and they cancelled the book. That would be great to see her in YA. She could also become Stature again and be in the Champions. I'd rather see her with her dad as Stinger and their own team. They basically had one in Spencer's book. It would be fun to see them breaking every rule in the book to get things done.

How about Scott, Cassie and Janice Lincoln the Beetle in a book? Janice was trying to get the Pym particles. Scott was romantically involved with her. Those three would make a great team.

I still think Scott should lead a team of shaky characters like he did in Ant-Man. Heroes, anti-heroes, villains and screw ups. That book would be a lot of fun.

Her Stature identity is no good in Champions either. She duplicates Ms. Marvel instead then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Agreed. There are two Wasp's. Why not a Stinger? Scott deserves another book. He had a great supporting cast. Cassie just got going and they cancelled the book. That would be great to see her in YA. She could also become Stature again and be in the Champions. I'd rather see her with her dad as Stinger and their own team. They basically had one in Spencer's book. It would be fun to see them breaking every rule in the book to get things done.

How about Scott, Cassie and Janice Lincoln the Beetle in a book? Janice was trying to get the Pym particles. Scott was romantically involved with her. Those three would make a great team.

I still think Scott should lead a team of shaky characters like he did in Ant-Man. Heroes, anti-heroes, villains and screw ups. That book would be a lot of fun.
    Janice is firmly back on the side of wrong. She might be working for that rotting demon guy in amazing spider-man.

Janice is lawful neutral.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate