Page 19 of 171 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    Totally. MCU is not 616, and the MCU Hulk is maybe a little above Joe Fixit power level, from what I can tell.

I re-watched Infinity War the other day and reinforced how sad/pathetic the MCU version of the Hulk/Banner is. Banner is a total sycophant, sucking up to everyone from Tony to Shuri. He's whiny and not that smart. His reference to the Hulkbuster armor "kicking the crap out of Hulk" made me laugh. And Hulk is a total wuss for not coming out to fight -- all the other attempts to explain it fall flat! Especially the one that Hulk didn't come out because he's sick of "bailing out Banner"?? Huh? MCU Hulk proved in the first five minutes that he was incapable of bailing out Banner! He didn't come out because he was scared!

The only possible way the MCU salvages Hulk for me is if a certain theory that the Banner/Hulk in Infinity War wasn't the real thing (very, very unlikely but only remotely possible in my mind because the Warbound were absent and not referenced and it would make sense that the Hulk has been with them).

Anyway, bottom line for me, is the movie Hulk is NOT the Hulk in the comics, not by a long shot.
    Unfortunately, Hulk is one of many characters to get their supporting cast, power levels, stories, and mythology/lore/history tarnished and butchered in the MCU. They butchered arguably the greatest Hulk story of all-time, PLANET HULK. They pretty much discarded and/or ruined Abomination, The Leader, Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Samson and all of Banner/Hulk's supporting characters.

They did the same to Thor and all of his supporting cast of characters - Skurge, Warriors 3, Sif, etc. Tarnished and butchered all the mythology and lore of all those characters & realms connected to Thor. And basically did no justice to Walt Simonson's stories, particularly the Surtur Saga.

It appears that all the MCU cares about is the puny human characters, not gods and monsters. They're not interested in portraying faithful & respectful adaptations of our favorite characters and their mythology/lore. It's honestly sad. Looking at the art of a lot of these films, it's disgraceful that they had the potential to be truly epic films... and instead they chose to waste it on mediocrity.

If I was at the helm of the MCU instead of Kevin Feige, it'd be much different and far superior to what we've gotten. Because in my MCU, films like Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2 & 3, and other lackluster MCU films wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 03-04-2019 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

- Planet Hulk & Hulk vs. Thor -

- Paul Pelletier -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    - Planet Hulk & Hulk vs. Thor -

- Paul Pelletier -

Planet Hulk/Green-Scar/WWHulk will always be my favorite designs for Hulk. I think he looks best with the battle armor.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Liked today's issue, especially since it dug deep into Betty's head, she's come to see why her father hated Bruce and takes advantage of a moment or two to hate him herself, at least internally, but she can't bring herself to lash out at him for his mistakes due to her love. Really wish the two could reconcile and have a long-term reunion despite all they've been through, but I'm ok with this too.

spoilers:
    So Betty still has her powers...and may just be immortal herself
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Unfortunately, Hulk is one of many characters to get their supporting cast, power levels, stories, and mythology/lore/history tarnished and butchered in the MCU. They butchered arguably the greatest Hulk story of all-time, PLANET HULK. They pretty much discarded and/or ruined Abomination, The Leader, Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Samson and all of Banner/Hulk's supporting characters.

They did the same to Thor and all of his supporting cast of characters - Skurge, Warriors 3, Sif, etc. Tarnished and butchered all the mythology and lore of all those characters & realms connected to Thor. And basically did no justice to Walt Simonson's stories, particularly the Surtur Saga.

It appears that all the MCU cares about is the puny human characters, not gods and monsters. They're not interested in portraying faithful & respectful adaptations of our favorite characters and their mythology/lore. It's honestly sad. Looking at the art of a lot of these films, it's disgraceful that they had the potential to be truly epic films... and instead they chose to waste it on mediocrity.

If I was at the helm of the MCU instead of Kevin Feige, it'd be much different and far superior to what we've gotten. Because in my MCU, films like Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2 & 3, and other lackluster MCU films wouldn't exist.
    I am just glad that I got to see Planet Hulk in live action at all in the MCU. It was a great treat to behold.

As for the excuse of not letting Hulk out more in Infinity War...poor excuse/example of Hulk and Banner’s dynamic.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 03-06-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Some General thoughts about today's issue:

What I liked:
    -The art felt suitable to the tone of the book and sorta felt like something from the late 80's
    -I loved the way Thunderbolt Ross' funeral was handled and the way Betty was reacting to it all. She doesn't exactly feel 'sad' for his death, but she's morning in her own way.
    -The first interaction with Betty and Bruce went as well as it could've gone in the best scenario; Bruce wants to apologize for his death but Betty has just had about enough will all the melodrama.
    -Obviously we know the Abomination is gonna make a return, but it's interesting to see what exactly Shadow Base does with his (clones?) remains.
    -Once again, Ewing is playing the role of anti-Bendis and cleaning the continuity of Samson.

What I didn't:
    -I'm fine with build-up, but I feel that it's maybe a bit unnecessary for Betty in particular.
    -The funeral portion of this book, I felt, could've only been maybe 2-3 pages long with the rest adding more to Samson's re-introduction or more Betty/Bruce chatting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    -The first interaction with Betty and Bruce went as well as it could've gone in the best scenario; Bruce wants to apologize for his death but Betty has just had about enough will all the melodrama. .
    I agree, it's important to note she deals with her own melodrama throughout. She wants to be more assertive and tell Bruce where to shove it and keep an emotional distance, but she can't bring herself to bring him down even when he deserves it. She's forever charmed by that damn milksop vulnerability. She's angry, but she treats the situation more like she's just dissapointed...in fact, before what happened next, I joked to myself that she was going to say "I'm sorry too Bruce, but I'm so dissapointed"

I felt a little underwhelmed by this issue. I think it may have been a mix of pacing, and the guest art, (which was great by the by, but Bennett has been so perfect for this series that anymore else is fighting an uphill battle on roller skates.)

It might work better in trade, but I'm sitting here, wanting to see where this is going.

They can't die! None of them can die!

Pretty sure who the final boss of this arc is gonna be.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Outstanding issue! Great writing and art, and it was so dark!

I'm sure subject B must be Blonsky! Also, the end of the mail was enough to get me salivating for the next issue.

Can't wait to see the other incarnations and how this Hulk interacts with them!

Not to mention that I had my first letter printed!

BANNED

How did Dr. Samson returned to life ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    How did Dr. Samson returned to life ??
    That's what Ewing will explain in the next issue.

From the letters page "
    Gamma Grams"

Come back next time, when we'll find out what's been going on with Leonard "Doc" Samson as he attempts to analyze his most dangerous patient. Will we get the inside scoop on Samson's return from the dead only for him to die again?

Having read the letters page it looks like we'll be getting into the other Hulk personas in the next issue.

Maybe we'll see the first of the Green Scar in a decade?

I don't think we've seen him since Heart of the Monster at least not the True 616 version.

I hope Ewing doesn't imply that the Hulk, any version, worked with Captain Hydra willingly and 100% lucidly.

I'm willing to accept that awoken, confused, and angry Hulk took what he thought was Cap at his word and went after this that betrayed him.

But I can't see him working with the guy who killed Rick. It be like the Illuminati debacle all over again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Having read the letters page it looks like we'll be getting into the other Hulk personas in the next issue.

Maybe we'll see the first of the Green Scar in a decade?

I don't think we've seen him since Heart of the Monster at least not the True 616 version.

I hope Ewing doesn't imply that the Hulk, any version, worked with Captain Hydra willingly and 100% lucidly.

I'm willing to accept that awoken, confused, and angry Hulk took what he thought was Cap at his word and went after this that betrayed him.

But I can't see him working with the guy who killed Rick. It be like the Illuminati debacle all over again.
    I doubt Bruce even knew. He spat in Stevil's face, after all.