Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2556
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #265
    Cover Date: November 1981
    Sale Date: August 11th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Albers & Simek
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“You Can’t Always Get What You Want, But You Try Sometime, You Just Might Find You Get What You Need!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, the New Teen Brigade, Red Wolf, Firebird, Texas Tornado, Shooting Star, and Night Rider.
    Villain: The Corruptor
    Synopsis: With the Hulk still under his control, the Corruptor prompts Rick Jones to call upon the Avengers, but the signal is broken apart when trying to pass thru the Rocky Mountains. Instead, it bounces around the southwestern states and various super-powered individuals respond to the emergency call; Red Wolf, Firebird, Texas Tornado, Shooting Star, and Night Rider. Together they take on the Hulk and defeat the Corruptor.

Commentary: The gathering of the Rangers is just a different twist on the gathering of the Avengers and the use of song titles for these stories is getting tiring. Thankfully, this is the last we see of this Teen Brigade.

I had that one back in the day. Love me some firebird. Wish they’d release these early mantlo issues in trade like they did the rest of his run.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...ayout=portable

Link to commission Joe Bennett did for me.
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 08-24-2019 at 03:32 PM.

All-New Member

That looks awesome! Cool idea!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhenley View Post
    That looks awesome! Cool idea!

Thank you. Have another inker lined up to ink it. So will try and share that too.

All-New Member

You're braver than me then. With a unique item like that, I'd be afraid for anyone else to touch it. Still, I'd love to see it when it's finished.

Spectacular Member

You're braver than me then. With a unique item like that, I'd be afraid for anyone else to touch it. Still, I'd love to see it when it's finished.

Oops! I coulda been a lot clearer. The inker will ink a scanned copy. Trying to look into a colorist. If I find one, then the colorist would color the scanned inked copy. In the end would have 3 versions of this to hang. Penciled, inked and colored.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Oops! I coulda been a lot clearer. The inker will ink a scanned copy. Trying to look into a colorist. If I find one, then the colorist would color the scanned inked copy. In the end would have 3 versions of this to hang. Penciled, inked and colored.
    Gotcha. That makes perfect sense. Any idea if Joe Bennett ever inks his own pencils?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...ayout=portable

Link to commission Joe Bennett did for me.
    How much does it cost to commission Joe?

Spectacular Member

Gotcha. That makes perfect sense. Any idea if Joe Bennett ever inks his own pencils?

I think he does some quicker sketches in a marker. Those are cheaper ($400) and arent really inkable. For his higher quality ones, he just does pencils. There’s inkers whi have worked with him before that do the inking if requested. Immortal Hulk’s inker Ruy Jose would have been a longer wait since he’s busy for him to do this. So the broker I’m working with lined up Alan Patrick. He has some impressive pencils work out there if interested in seeing his stuff.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    How much does it cost to commission Joe?

$400 quick sketch
    $700 much higher quality pencil commission.
    $1000 for added lettering and little touches beyond figure art.

JadeGiant dot com is the broker of his

All-New Member

So the broker I’m working with lined up Alan Patrick. He has some impressive pencils work out there if interested in seeing his stuff.
    How much does he charge for inking?

Spectacular Member

How much does he charge for inking?

$500 for it inked

All-New Member

$500 for it inked
    Cool, thanks for the info. Would love to have some original art from the guys on Immortal Hulk. Now I've just to figure out where I can steal $1,500...

Something that has occurred to me is the pictures of Fortean on the Steel Throne in the Redeemer armor, in the Nightmare armor and the preview of Hulk on the Steel Throne all mirror each other. With the heavy themes of Sefirot and Qlippoth and the discussion about Satan's role in the above, I'm starting to wonder if Fortean isn't the Sefirotic figure in all this. It'd fit in with the Redeemer armor's name.