Page 109 of 171 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2556
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I get the apprehension about the next story arc being about Roxxon and such, but that Vol. 6 description is obviously really over-simplified like Vol.5's was (it only mentioned Fortean being what he hates most). We already know that #24 and #25 will have grand repercussions for the wider MU.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I get the apprehension about the next story arc being about Roxxon and such, but that Vol. 6 description is obviously really over-simplified like Vol.5's was (it only mentioned Fortean being what he hates most). We already know that #24 and #25 will have grand repercussions for the wider MU.
    Of course it's oversimplified, however we still know the Roxxon and Dario are the center of vol.6 so still not really happy over it. But at the same time i would advise people not to believe too much into solicitations and hype. I doubt 24 is going to have any repercussions on the wider MU, writers say that all the time and #25 happens billions of years in the future so whatever repercussions it has there are completely meaningless to the present time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    They are all still over the top no matter how you cut it. Have you even read Weapon H? Which gives Dario Agger more character depth because he was the prime antagonist in the story, cause I don't think you have. He is far from what you describe.
    I skimmed Weapon H, yes, and Agger was exactly as I described. The only reason why he stopped hounding the protagonist was because Captain America was there, and Agger wasn't dumb enough to break the law in front of Cap.

Agger is to corrupt CEOs what Carnage is to serial killers. And he's too over the top to take serious, and thus far lacks any meaningful depth to counter balance that. Ewing can likely change that, but it'll be a hard row.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Correct; I was thinking about that too.

I'm not entirely sure but did the Red Hulk have anything to do with Roxxon? Given that Ewing is using Fortean from Parker's run it's possibly not the only crossover will get (Whatever happen to Rulk's rogues gallery and LMD girlfriend Annie anyway? They seemed to vanish entirely when he formed the new Thunderbolts).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm not entirely sure but did the Red Hulk have anything to do with Roxxon? Given that Ewing is using Fortean from Parker's run it's possibly not the only crossover will get (Whatever happen to Rulk's rogues gallery and LMD girlfriend Annie anyway? They seemed to vanish entirely when he formed the new Thunderbolts).
    No, Red Hulk is tied to the Carnage event and his and Hulks story will be resolved in the Immortal Hulk Carnage one-shot. He has nothing to do with Roxxon.

What are your expectations for issue #22, guys? Or, better, how high are they?

Fantastic Member

I actually don't know what's going to happen in issue 22, if the solicitations are to be trusted, it's mostly about Rick i think. Maybe at the end of the issue they assault the Shadow Base, not sure.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I've been slacking, but trying to catch up...

Incredible Annual Hulk #10
    Cover Date: 1981
    Sale Date: May 1st, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Rick Leonardi
    Inker: Al Milgrom, Bob Wiacek, Chic Stone, Dan Green, Frank Giacoia
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom
    “RARRGH!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Captain Universe, Major Bingham, Ronald Reagan, Leonid Brezhnev
    Antagonist: Captain Jamie Custer
    Synopsis: The Hulk wanders onto an Air Force installation and is attacked, but mistakenly believed to be a Soviet attack by Captain Custer. The severity of the attack triggers the Uni Power to separate the two and transform Bruce Banner into Captain Universe. They fight, and Banner is barely able to avert a nuclear war before being merged back with the Hulk.

Commentary: I can barely make out Leonardi’s signature style, but according to some Google research, his first published work was in late 1980/81, so this is some very early work. I’ve only read this annual a couple of times, doesn’t really stand out as anything significant for me.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm 70% sure it's gonna include the following in no particular order:

-Gamma Flight goes to assault Shadow Base for killing Walter
    -Monster Squad (Hulk, Rick, Red Harpy) have a brief discussion with corpse Rick and he's acting very OOC, like he's possessed by rage.
    -Something happens to Hulk which briefly reverts him back to Joe Fixit (this was already hinted at in last issues Gamma Grams)
    -Abomi-Fortean progressively acts more chaotic, as TOBA's gains more and more control
    -Monster Squad and Gamma Flight meet up at SB and Hell on Earth starts with a glimpse of TOBA manifesting in the living world as the cliff-hanger

I'm 70% sure it's gonna include the following in no particular order:

-Gamma Flight goes to assault Shadow Base for killing Walter
    -Monster Squad (Hulk, Rick, Red Harpy) have a brief discussion with corpse Rick and he's acting very OOC, like he's possessed by rage.
    -Something happens to Hulk which briefly reverts him back to Joe Fixit (this was already hinted at in last issues Gamma Grams)
    -Abomi-Fortean progressively acts more chaotic, as TOBA's gains more and more control
    -Monster Squad and Gamma Flight meet up at SB and Hell on Earth starts with a glimpse of TOBA manifesting in the living world as the cliff-hanger
    This. There is another thing: Ewing, in the previous Gamma Grams, has said we would know what happened to Walter. So, we might see, for the first time, how other Gamma beings come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    This. There is another thing: Ewing, in the previous Gamma Grams, has said we would know what happened to Walter. So, we might see, for the first time, how other Gamma beings come to life.
    The preview showed what happened to Walter.

spoilers:
    He stayed dead.
    end of spoilers

That's good I have the first few issues of No Surrender at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Just read Avengers: No Surrender ( it's where the Hulk comes back) and start with Immortal Hulk #1. You're good to go.

Or start with the Immortal Hulk TPB vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    The preview showed what happened to Walter.

spoilers:
    He stayed dead.
    end of spoilers
    There are quite a few more pages more in the comic. I doubt things will stop there: if He didn't resurrect so far, what happened? That's what i want to see explored.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I skimmed Weapon H, yes, and Agger was exactly as I described. The only reason why he stopped hounding the protagonist was because Captain America was there, and Agger wasn't dumb enough to break the law in front of Cap.

Agger is to corrupt CEOs what Carnage is to serial killers. And he's too over the top to take serious, and thus far lacks any meaningful depth to counter balance that. Ewing can likely change that, but it'll be a hard row.
    Skimming a book and actually reading it in order to get the full picture is two different things. He's nothing like you described, althought he could use more work.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being