Page 159 of 171 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2556
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    No offense, bit it's ridiculous to use that term just because someone is liberal.
    I don't use that term because he is liberal lol, If i did I'd have to use it on myself too.

Spectacular Member

No offense, bit it's ridiculous to use that term just because someone is liberal.
    There is a difference in having a liberal view of politics and treating politics like religion and worshiping it to the point it pervades every aspect and thinking of a person's life and how they view others with different beliefs. I think the term is appropriate for some. I support more liberal politics but it stops at the ballot box and I have as much respect for someone with different politics as I do for one that shares my own.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I don't use that term because he is liberal lol, If i did I'd have to use it on myself too.
    The fact that you use the term at all is the issue.

I think the term is appropriate for some.
    Except it's only ever seems to be used when someone expresses any kind of liberal ideology. So the term is rather meaningless.

And the term doesn't seem appropriate towards Ewing even if we use your criteria.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 11-07-2019 at 02:45 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if either one played a role in averting the dark future we saw in issue 25.
    It also plays heavily into Bruce's mindset and disgust of the "Heroes" now when he was talking to Amadeus, even Bruce admitting he is not a hero. Bruce and Devil entirely are in agreement in having Professor and WB Hulk/Green Scar remain dormant (possibly by Devil and Bruce) as they begin to start their war with Roxxon.

BANNED

The fact that you use the term at all is the issue.
    Why is it an issue?

Except it's only ever seems to be used when someone expresses any kind of liberal ideology. So the term is rather meaningless.
    Not at all, the term is used against those that express far left ideology, at least that's how i used it. I know conservatives have run it into the ground, but i am not interested in being lumped with them.

And the term doesn't seem appropriate towards Ewing even if we use your criteria.
    I dunno about you but wanting to kill the rich because they are rich is pretty far fetched to me.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I know conservatives have run it into the ground, but i am not interested in being lumped with them.
    You say you don't want to be lumped with them, and yet...

I dunno about you but wanting to kill the rich because they are rich is pretty far fetched to me.
    You make baseless claims like these. You have offered no actual proof that Ewing actually thinks this.

It sounds like you took seriously something that was made in jest. It would help if could post a link to it so we could see for ourselves.

And it's doubtful he actually agrees with what Banner is doing. That's like saying anyone that writes Punisher must agree with vigilante justice.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 11-07-2019 at 06:58 AM.

In an interview with Syfywire Ewing said Hulk is more of a counter-culture figure. So i saw the issue as a way to tap into the counter-culture of today.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #275
    “Megalith!”

Cover Date: September 1982
    Sale Date: June 8th, 1982
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Joe Sinnott
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Bereet,
    Villain: Jackdaw and Megalith
    Synopsis: A cheery-looking Hulk is leaving through the desert of New Mexico and finally arrives at his hidden cave. There are no occupants around and Banner is able to deduce something terrible has happened to Rick after reading a printout from the Gamma Projector. At Gamma Base, Bereet is trying to set up some medical equipment to help Rick. A mysterious woman called Jackdaw spies upon the trio and then heads for a research lab and stumbles upon a two-story brick humanoid called Megalith. Outside, the Hulk has arrived at Gamma Base and heads for the R & D lab where he finally finds Betty Ross, Rick Jones, and Bereet. Betty is astounded, Bereet is mesmerized and the dying Rick is happy to see both the Hulk and Banner have found a way to survive. The building is suddenly rocked by Megalith and the Hulk easily crushes the brick monstrosity, much to Jackdaw’s dismay as she feels every sensation against it. She tears off the symbio-bands before it’s completely destroyed and solemnly retreats, hoping that her employer will grant her mercy for failing. Banner, Betty and Bereet head back to the lab and we close out the issue with the U-Foes reuniting and swearing vengeance against the Hulk.

Commentary: Jackdaw, Megalith…meh. A brick monster that’s easily pulverized and a villain who really didn’t have anything useful done with her. While not the meat of the story, seeing the U-Foes again is a treat. FINALLY getting towards a conclusion to the gamma-sick Rick Jones plot line too. Sal and Joe are a good combo. Some awkward panels that don’t mesh well, but they really shine over the next 8-9 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    It also plays heavily into Bruce's mindset and disgust of the "Heroes" now when he was talking to Amadeus, even Bruce admitting he is not a hero. Bruce and Devil entirely are in agreement in having Professor and WB Hulk/Green Scar remain dormant (possibly by Devil and Bruce) as they begin to start their war with Roxxon.
    Bruce doesn’t seem to be consciously keeping those two dormant (unless he’s lying to Cho, but earlier when he made his list he still didn’t seem to know where the two are). But you may be on to something with Banner’s current anger towards the status quo helping Devil with keeping those two locked up.

Spectacular Member

Bruce doesn’t seem to be consciously keeping those two dormant (unless he’s lying to Cho, but earlier when he made his list he still didn’t seem to know where the two are). But you may be on to something with Banner’s current anger towards the status quo helping Devil with keeping those two locked up.

In the Jenkins run (TIH 27-28), Devil Hulk created a dream world for Bruce and the other Hulks that had them “trapped” for years there (tho time in real world wasnt that long). This power hasn’t been tapped so far in Ewing’s run but I wonder if this is how he’s keeping those 2 personas out of the picture/dormant.

All-New Member

Yeah, I may be reading more into this. But when he mentions in the same panel to Amadeus that the two are dormant, it shows Bruce looking at a spoon and instead of a reflection he is seeing Devil Hulk staring right back at him. Originally Bruce didn't know why the two are dormant, he probably still doesn't know why at this point. Though he could believe especially with his current mindset that Devil is keeping them dormant and locked up to not interfere with their plans and Bruce is fine with it. Frankly I don't think Bruce knows or cares why Green Scar and Professor Hulk remain dormant, could Devil be locking them up similarly to what he did to the rampaging mindless Hulk? Probably even if it's not explicitly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    In the Jenkins run (TIH 27-28), Devil Hulk created a dream world for Bruce and the other Hulks that had them “trapped” for years there (tho time in real world wasnt that long). This power hasn’t been tapped so far in Ewing’s run but I wonder if this is how he’s keeping those 2 personas out of the picture/dormant.
    I remember that! Very “For the Man Who Has Everything” type vibes, loved that story. Seeing Joe Fixit all shriveled up in that story was a huge shock but I loved seeing him again just like I was delighted when Ewing brought him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    Yeah, I may be reading more into this. But when he mentions in the same panel to Amadeus that the two are dormant, it shows Bruce looking at a spoon and instead of a reflection he is seeing Devil Hulk staring right back at him. Originally Bruce didn't know why the two are dormant, he probably still doesn't know why at this point. Though he could believe especially with his current mindset that Devil is keeping them dormant and locked up to not interfere with their plans and Bruce is fine with it. Frankly I don't think Bruce knows or cares why Green Scar and Professor Hulk remain dormant, could Devil be locking them up similarly to what he did to the rampaging mindless Hulk? Probably even if it's not explicitly stated.
    Bruce has mentioned that he doesn’t see his reflection anymore ever since coming back, just Hulk’s, but you may be on to something. Lately I’ve been thinking that this run has dealt a lot with reversals. Banner used to be the genius but he lost that and now it’s Hulk who is smarter. Traditionally Banner has been able to exercise some control over the Hulks (the infamous “Hulk math” for example). But Banner doesn’t seem to be able to control Devil Hulk like he could the others. This Hulk kills after all and plainly states he’s not bound by those same rules. What if instead of Banner manipulating Hulk with Devil Hulk it’s the reverse? He is influencing Banner’s thinking? That would explain why the more traditional heroic Hulks are being kept buried.

BANNED

You say you don't want to be lumped with them, and yet...
    And yet what? You gotta finish the sentence i can't read your mind but i wanna know where this is going.

You make baseless claims like these. You have offered no actual proof that Ewing actually thinks this.
    I can't be certain he 100% thinks like this but he has been very, very anti-rich if you just take casual scroll over his twitter.

It sounds like you took seriously something that was made in jest. It would help if could post a link to it so we could see for ourselves
    Possibly, hopefully. However it did not strike me as that, looking at the account he retwitted. I will try to find it, it was some time ago.

And it's doubtful he actually agrees with what Banner is doing. That's like saying anyone that writes Punisher must agree with vigilante justice.
    I never said he agrees with everything Banner is doing. I don't think Banner himself fully agrees with what he is doing and about to do.

I wonder if the two Hulks are locked in some sort of dream state like Bruce was in that story what it would kind of be.

Green Scar it's kind of obvious, ruling the planet with Caera and their family, the Warbound etc. Maybe even Miek before he went nuts.

Professor/Merged, probably the relatively stable period where he was doing stuff with the Pantheon, his relationship with Betty recovering, sort of having Rick as his sidekick again etc.

Hulk incarnations subtly controlling Banner has long been a running thread of the series, and vice versa. Joe certainly did it many times long before "Sunshine Joe", such as when he got Banner to use gamma radiation on himself, pretty much making his transformations into him more regular. I think there's also a part where the moon phases affected Banner influencing Joe-like if it was a full moon, than more of Banner's traits would surface with Joe.

I think there's also a reason Dale Keown drew Joe as slightly less ugly and taller-looking than Purves and Mcfarlane, Betty even notices a physical change in one issue; I think this was perhaps a hint that the personalities were "moving together" leading to the Merged Hulk.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Well, the power has been tapped off screen according to Devil, when he mentioned that he imprisoned the SE Hulk, originally I thought that was just a way to say what Hulk that was and show that he isn't coming back (At least for this story), but maybe that was foreshadowing of what Devil may already have done with Professor and Green Scar.

Also pointing out that Devil in IH#15 says that SE Hulk is "in pieces", so I wonder if Professor and Green Scare are shattered too, would certainly make it a lot harder to find them, and make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think there's also a reason Dale Keown drew Joe as slightly less ugly and taller-looking than Purves and Mcfarlane, Betty even notices a physical change in one issue; I think this was perhaps a hint that the personalities were "moving together" leading to the Merged Hulk.
    When did she notice that?
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-07-2019 at 05:43 PM.