Page 161 of 171 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2556
    Fantastic Member

I just heard about this, Intothevoid. I'm boycotting Immortal Hulk, if Bennett continues to be involved. His apology might be enough for Glenn but not for me.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I guess I simply view events within the context of the current "run".
    Even in that context you are wrong, because this has been mentioned before. We already has The Devil Hulk talk about this in this run.

So no, it's not out of nowhere.

The Minotaur no longer hides the way he looks because nothing happens no matter how brazen the offense?
    Because it's true and it's something established in other books before this. Agger has gotten away with a lot thanks to his money and power, he didn't even suffer any consequences for siding with the Malekith during War of the Realms.

With that context, again established before his appearance here, it makes perfect sense that he no longer feels the need to hide his Minotaur from.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 11-08-2019 at 08:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    I just heard about this, Intothevoid. I'm boycotting Immortal Hulk, if Bennett continues to be involved. His apology might be enough for Glenn but not for me.
    That's your choice and you have the right to it.

Personally I wont be boycotting Immortal Hulk, because i rather not hurt other people working on the book, because Joe said something stupid on facebook that he apologized now for. On top of that i despise the cancel culture.

Damn, this is legit one of the best comics I've read in the longest time.

I have no idea who said what on twitter, and I don't care honestly. I don't care what the personal political views of the creators are, I care about what they've created. I'd be more inclined to boycott the book if they removed the artist because of nonsense on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Ok there has been some drama regarding Joe Bennett recently. He released a message on facebook applauding an American journalist Glenn Greenwald getting slapped by some Brazilian right wing columnist(you guys have probably seen the video it went viral). He quickly deleted his post and issued an apology, but it looks like the damage is already done. Literally thousands of people have swarmed his facebook page with all kinds of messages and are calling for his resignation from Marvel and for him to not be featured at some comic book panel that is suppose to happen in December that he was planning to attend.

At this point i am unsure what is going to happen, it's very much possible Marvel might fire him or something, too early to tell since all of this happened in the last few hours. So far it's not looking good because he is quickly getting spammed by messages calling him a fascist, racist, homophobic, etc....
    Didn't his son just die? Do people need to swarm him right now?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Frankly that's why I'm staying out of that. Not simply out of respect for not kicking a guy while he's down but because grief can make you say and do stupid things and it's just far too close to the death for me to want to hate on him. He's having a rough go and while we may not agree with what he said, Marvel is allowed to be political. But if it was that problematic and it got removed with an apology, his son just died. I'm not expecting he's going to be the most professional right now. If it becomes repeated behavior it would be a company problem. This hasn't even made it's way into the news cycle yet so I doubt Marvel is caring all that much if they even noticed.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I don't think vast majority of them know, he has gotten thousands of messages in the span of 1-2 days, some of them were extremely hateful to the point of him having to just delete his apology entirely because that post was getting spammed the most

I don't think vast majority of them know, he has gotten thousands of messages in the span of 1-2 days, some of them were extremely hateful to the point of him having to just delete his apology entirely because that post was getting spammed the most
    Bastards.

If they want to fight some actually horrible sshit they can turn their eyes to China. But they won't. Better to pick on a grieving father like a bunch of fucking vultures.

Astonishing Member

Immortal Hulk keep on being the best ongoing comic books.
    Looking forward to the Hulk vs Minotaur fight in Immortal Hulk:27.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I know it probably could never happen but with this arc being about punishing corporations for environmental destruction it would be so cool if Greta Thunberg appeared in the comic
    Baby Thanos

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I know it probably could never happen but with this arc being about punishing corporations for environmental destruction it would be so cool if Greta Thunberg appeared in the comic
    Let's start going for pure allegory.

"I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history – true or feigned– with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse applicability with allegory, but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author." JRRT

Fantastic Member

That's your choice and you have the right to it.

Personally I wont be boycotting Immortal Hulk, because i rather not hurt other people working on the book, because Joe said something stupid on facebook that he apologized now for. On top of that i despise the cancel culture.
    Roger on the cancel culture, for ordinary political or social disagreements. I'm not married to Glenn, and am not taking sides based on his stance here, or his general ideology.

But in this case, Bennett supported a violent response to Glenn's statements. That passes my threshold.

But you're right, itv - we have to be careful about depriving ourselves of great art, out of some vindictive emotional response against someone who calls our hero a poopy-head.

For now, I'll stick with the Doom miniseries.

Fantastic Member

"..Not simply out of respect for not kicking a guy while he's down but because grief can make you say and do stupid things and it's just far too close to the death for me to want to hate on him..."

Very good point. None of us are on our best behavior, when under stress or grief.

Alright. I just changed my mind, this very moment while writing this.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say are the best issues from the Incredible Hulk run of 1968-1999 (#102-474)?

My choices:

10. Incredible Hulk #181 (November, 1974) - "And Now... the Wolverine!"

9. Incredible Hulk #425 (January, 1995) - "Error"

8. Incredible Hulk #300 (October, 1984) - "Days of Rage!"

7. Incredible Hulk #207 (January, 1977) - "Alone Against the Defenders!"

6. Incredible Hulk #466 (July, 1998) - "Of All Sad Words..."

5. Incredible Hulk #377 (January, 1991) - "Honey, I Shrunk the Hulk"

4. Incredible Hulk #372 (August, 1990) - "He's Back"

3. Incredible Hulk #345 (July, 1988) - "Closing Curtain"

2. Incredible Hulk #418 (June, 1994) - "We Are Gathered Here"

1. Incredible Hulk #398 (October, 1992) - "Betrayals"

So I was thinking of the new MJ monthly and I thought, could an Immortal Hulk spin-off work with Red Harpy perhaps? Betty's had her own series before, taking over her father's series as Red She Hulk when the character moved over to the Thunderbolts, although it didn't last that long.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth