Page 87 of 171 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2556
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Qliphoth never made so much sense with this issue!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Spoilers!
    But only from the letter page.

I'd much rather see Skaar and Hiro-Kala then Cho. But it looks like we're probably going to see him in this book. *Grumble*
    Hiro Kala, Cho, then Skaar.

Skaar is the worst, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Hiro Kala, Cho, then Skaar.

Skaar is the worst, IMO.
    Skaar is awesome m

He's got a sword and he cuts people in half. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Qliphoth never made so much sense with this issue!
    Nightmare Armor indeed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hi guys/gals, new in this part of the forum. But, i was wondering if the hulks ability to see ghosts and astral forms connected to his immortality and his death/rebirth cycle via green door?
    Also, hulk has sort of become like the mythical phoenix with death/rebirth and His blood having ability to give life and stuff.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Nightmare Armor indeed.
    Yup! I can't even imagine the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hi guys/gals, new in this part of the forum. But, i was wondering if the hulks ability to see ghosts and astral forms connected to his immortality and his death/rebirth cycle via green door?
    Also, hulk has sort of become like the mythical phoenix with death/rebirth and His blood having ability to give life and stuff.
    Hi, manwhohaseverything and welcome!

You're correct, it seems. In Ewing's first interview, He talked about Hulk's mystical nature and that it was related to the Green Door he created. I'm sure He'll expand it much more and give us more details in the future

I have to agree with you both about the tv show (still is the best marvel tv series ever) and the 2003 movie. Both have a very special place in my heart, and, concerning the movie, I do think it was released at the wrong time... We've just had Spider-Man 2002, a fun, colourful and popcorn movie (in the best sense possible) with a lot of action, romance, etc.. That's what would've made Hulk a big success at that time: basically they should've released something similar, with Hulk's fighting all kinds of monsters, things would've been way different.
    I think audiences in general would have probably lapped that up. Thing is - what works in a comic doesn't necessarily always work in a film. And monster movies are very difficult to get right (case in point, that recent cumdumpster of a Godzilla movie. King Of The Monsters? Utter bollocks more like).

The Ang Lee movie took too much liberties, of course; it was much like a strange sci-fi/horror movie with a super hero, but that's kind of the beauty of it. The level of artistry is way above almost every super hero movie we've seen so far.
    People who've never read a comic book in their life know who the Hulk is. He's a character with real brand recognition. So general audiences probably thought they were going to get two hours of "turn the brain off" entertainment (an assumption based on limited knowledge of the character) and were instead confronted with a two and a half hour greek tragedy that made them THINK.

When it got slated on release and when it still gets slated to this day - I'm always like "Come on guys - actually THINK about what this movie was trying to do!"

I don't consider myself a film snob, but I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for something a bit different, with emotional depth and to take me to a place I didn't expect. In that regard, Ang Lee's Hulk delivered tenfold.

Although this does need to be said. I was once watching the movie on DVD with my wife (who was my girlfriend back then). At the end of the movie when The Hulk and his father both turn into that weird bubble - I did have to lean over to her and say "Please don't ask me what's going on here, cause I ain't got a F...ing clue!"

As "corny" as the Del Frye creature is nowadays, I just love that episode. I can't remember how many times I've watched it!
    Hah! One of my very earliest memories is watching that episode when it was first on! Cannot wait to get to it with my daughter! I reckon she'll get a real kick out of it!
    Last edited by DCStu; 07-17-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's connected to gamma, but was established well back in the PAD era. It's in response to Banner/Hulk being afraid that his dead father was going to return so he evolved the ability to see ghosts/astral forms

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Just saw the leaked pages. Had a feeling it'd be him. But seein' it? Daaaayumn!

Fantastic Member

Skaar is awesome m

He's got a sword and he cuts people in half. What's not to love?
    You just described Conan.

Oh, he's green..

It's She-Hulk syndrome.. he needs something to be different. Cho could carry a sword then what?

The Old Power? He doesn't really use it and it's not really "Hulkish"

The only redeeming factor to me is he's a kid (Marvel screwed that up by aging him up) .. Hulks should be different otherwise what makes Bruce's DID special?

It's like when Busiek turned a European country into Hulk clones.

No big deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    You just described Conan.

Oh, he's green..

It's She-Hulk syndrome.. he needs something to be different. Cho could carry a sword then what?

The Old Power? He doesn't really use it and it's not really "Hulkish"

The only redeeming factor to me is he's a kid (Marvel screwed that up by aging him up) .. Hulks should be different otherwise what makes Bruce's DID special?

It's like when Busiek turned a European country into Hulk clones.

No big deal really.
    Well A lot of people actually. As much as I love Howard and his Conan stories, he's hardly the first guy to run around cutting people in half with swords.

He's not even the first Howard character to do so.

The reason why I like Skaar so much is that his very existence forces Hulk/Banner to confront his own issues with fatherhood and how he can relate to a son which I find fascinating.

Hiro-Kala is whatever, he's ultimately just a bad seed. If he shows up again he just needs to be defeatee, maybe with angst.

Lyra basically disowned Banner and is indifferent to him. Meh

Actually, after Skaar I'd like to see Camila Black show back up.

Cho. I'll be blunt, I ain't over the replacement attempt.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I don't think this issue is gonna be everyone's cup of tea since it's main goal was to expand on a character, but damn this was good. From childhood Fortean was pushed to create order in the chaos of his life and joining the air force just exaggerated his ideals. And now, having bonded with the Qlippoth, he himself has become and agent of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I don't think this issue is gonna be everyone's cup of tea since it's main goal was to expand on a character, but damn this was good. From childhood Fortean was pushed to create order in the chaos of his life and joining the air force just exaggerated his ideals. And now, having bonded with the Qlippoth, he himself has become and agent of chaos.
    It's still a good issue. But definitely not the best of the run.

I think if we had more idea of what's going on with Fortean in the last panel it might of learned with a bit more force.

I'm guessing Rick will enlighten us.

Where Rick was in two minds, (literally) I expect a much more viscous Fortean.

Fantastic Member

You gotta love that symmetry with the opening and closing given past issues.

The newest issue was honestly predictable and a little boring. I think Ewing has bought into his own hype, "You will be shocked by the end of the issue 21". Oh right, Fortean becomes the newer, new Abomination.

You got me dude.

*Roll Eyes*

This was honestly the weakest issue of this run.