Page 47 of 171 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The crossover sounds interesting. Hopefully The Immortal Hulk one will be written by Ewing himself (which I believe it will be the case!).

If not, I trust Cates to write it because He loves the character too! Don't accept anyone else.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #258
    Cover Date: April 1981
    Sale Date: January 13th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“…To Hunt the Hulk!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Col. Talbot, Red Guardian, the Presence, Captain America, Jarvis, Rick Jones, Congress-Woman Messinger, Lt. Perrywinkle and Dr. Maxwell.
    Antagonists: The Soviet Super-Soldiers; Ursa Major, Crimson Dynamo, Vanguard, and Darkstar.
    Synopsis: Col. Talbot is trailing the Hulk across the Middle East, just as the Hulk lands in Afghanistan. A brief tussle with Soviet troops sends the Hulk into the Forbidden Zone in Russia. Cut to Moscow, and we are introduced to the head of KGB Intelligence, who has called the Soviet Super Soliders together again and introduced them to Ursa Major. They are briefed on their mission, which is to travel to the Forbidden Zone and disrupt the plans of the Red Guardian and the Presence. They arrive in time to encounter the Hulk and they do battle, until their fighting is noticed by Sergi, who forces Ursa Major and the Hulk back to their human forms and threatens to kill them.

Commentary:
    Sharp pencils by Sal here….good story too. Although I thought it was a little weak to have the Hulk stuck to the electrical hardware of a Soviet jet for so long.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

HOT MOTHER EFFING DAMN!!!!!!
    Skip to the 3 minute mark!!!!!!!!
    AT LAST!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgpy959gzs

Have Bruce and Clint spoken since Clint "killed" Bruce to stop him from turning into the Hulk in CWII? Any help is appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Have Bruce and Clint spoken since Clint "killed" Bruce to stop him from turning into the Hulk in CWII? Any help is appreciated.
    Clint and Hulk? Yes, in Avengers: No Road Home.

Clint and Banner? Not yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post

Actually I thought Hulk and Banner briefly spoke together at the end of Avengers No Surrender and/or the start of Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post

Thanks for answering my question.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Awesome Immortal Hulk #22 variant (Bring On The Bad Guys) by Ryan Brown:

Immortal Hulk #22 cover, it seems, by Alex Ross. As always, beautiful!

Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 05-23-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

(Spoiler Warning)

You guys probably have already seen it, but Abomination's hidden face has been revealed: https://twitter.com/comic_xposure/st...40920220266496

Alex Ross' #19 cover should probably be revealed soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    (Spoiler Warning)

You guys probably have already seen it, but Abomination's hidden face has been revealed: https://twitter.com/comic_xposure/st...40920220266496

Alex Ross' #19 cover should probably be revealed soon as well.
    I've seen it, man. And it's as horrific as I was expecting.

Mighty Member

So what happened to Bruce before appearing in flashback in Totally Awesome Hulk? Hulk 16 ends with Hulk and Betty kissing and then her apologizing for shooting Bruce, then TAH. Was Bruce involved in Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So what happened to Bruce before appearing in flashback in Totally Awesome Hulk? Hulk 16 ends with Hulk and Betty kissing and then her apologizing for shooting Bruce, then TAH. Was Bruce involved in Secret Wars?
    I believe that was kind of answered in another thread? Anyway, Secret Wars happened; it's that simple. Nothing was really explained.

What we had were some worlds which had "Hulks" in it (the so called Planet Hulk) and one where the Maestro commanded everything (Future Imperfect). Also we had one, called Ultimate End, where there were a mix of "616" and ultimate characters: Hulk and Ultimate Hulk were there; and there was a series (1872) that happened in the Old West, where Banner was a doctor and made potions.

Again, it was a mess, and it didn't have anything to do with the original 616 universe. But that was true for a lot of characters. After the event ended, everything went back to normal, with some changes of course, with basically no details.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 05-22-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What are some moments in Hulk's history that if not making you shed a tear at least put a lump in your throat? Or, another way to put it, poignant moments after the smashing.
    The last panel of "Hulk:the end".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

August 2019 Solicitations!

IMMORTAL HULK #22
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by RYAN BROWN
    • Shadow Base has one goal: to stop the monsters, the forces of chaos - And give their power to men of order.
    • But the monsters have goals of their own. And now they’re working together.
    RICK JONES remembers everything… and you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    *cover above*

IMMORTAL HULK DIRECTOR’S CUT #1 & 2 (of 6)
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    The horror has a name — and now it is unleashed in full graphic detail! You’d never notice the man. He doesn’t like to be noticed. He’s quiet. Calm. Never complains. If someone were to walk up and shoot him in the head...all he’d do is die. Until night falls. And someone else gets up again. The man’s name is Banner. The horror is the Immortal Hulk. And trouble has a way of finding them both! As reporter Jackie McGee tries to put together the pieces, Banner treads a lonely path from town to town — unearthing murder, mystery and tragedy as he goes. And what Banner discovers, the Hulk smashes! The critically acclaimed reinvention of one of Marvel’s biggest icons is re-presented in Director’s Cut form, complete with Joe Bennett’s savage pencils and more incredible bonus features!
    ISSUE #1: 72 PGS./RATED T+ …$5.99
    ISSUE #2: 56 PGS./RATED T+ …$4.99

IMMORTAL HULK VOL. 4: ABOMINATION TPB
    WRITTEN BY AL EWING
    PENCILED BY JOE BENNETT
    COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    [
    I]Once upon a time, he was the Hulk’s best friend. Rick Jones was there at ground zero on the fateful day the Hulk was born. And during the early days when the Hulk was a mindless brute, Rick was the only one who believed in him. Now Rick is dead and gone — but his body has been exhumed and stolen! And the Immortal Hulk wants to know why. But to find the answers he seeks, Bruce Banner will have to face roaming gamma experiments and a ruthless assassin out for his blood — and the one thing that can depower the Hulk. As a pair of dead loved ones turned nightmarish foes hunt Banner on two fronts, the stage is set for a brutal three-way confrontation between the Abomination, the Harpy and the Hulk! Collecting IMMORTAL HULK #16-20.[/I]
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91667-1