Page 143 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I don't think there were ever any plans for the Leader. In fact I think he was mentioned as being arrested by Shield in either a MCU tie-in comic or One Shot (Don't quote me on that).
    Oh there were definitely plans. That was a pretty blatant sequel tease, but Hulk underperforming and Norton getting replaced meant whatever plans there were got shelved. Just like how that Iron Man cameo in the post credits got retconned into being nothing but was pretty clearly at the time meant to be another Avengers tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh there were definitely plans. That was a pretty blatant sequel tease, but Hulk underperforming and Norton getting replaced meant whatever plans there were got shelved. Just like how that Iron Man cameo in the post credits got retconned into being nothing but was pretty clearly at the time meant to be another Avengers tease.
    I don't doubt that they wanted to use him, but I don't think they had anything set in stone. I think the tease was just that; a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guessing he wanted it to be more in line tone wise than anything else, similar to how Man of Steel tried to copy the TDK trilogy’s tone. It’s pretty much impossible to do a “realistic” Hulk movie, but a darker one is perfectly doable. Ruffalo Hulk is a little too happy for me personally.
    Yeah, I like Ruffalo, but he's a little too happy-go-lucky and popular as Banner/The Hulk.

But I guess that better fit the MCU's sensibilities.

It would be cool if Norton could come back and direct a Hulk movie. He became a writer/director in addition to being an actor.

I'm enjoying Immortal Hulk.

Huh? Disney buying Marvel is what killed any sequel plans, not the recast. Disney didn't want Universal to distribute it, but their contract says they would have to use them. So, no films get made with Hulk as the main character.

I just saw this on Reddit.

It's a screencap from the Supergirl movie. Rather odd then, that the comic this person is reading is an issue of Incredible Hulk! You'd think they'd have used a non-Superman DC comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be cool if Norton could come back and direct a Hulk movie. He became a writer/director in addition to being an actor.

He basically wrote IH.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

https://www.cracked.com/article_2234...t-changes.html

No, I don't think so.

I'll never understand why they made it in the Hulk movie, that any raised blood pressure made a Hulk, instead of him just being angry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

No, I don't think so.

I'll never understand why they made it in the Hulk movie, that any raised blood pressure made a Hulk, instead of him just being angry.
    Eh, that idea doesn't sound terrible imo. Unnecessary, maybe, but it wouldn't have ruined the movie.

Considering the movies director made Clash of the Titan's and Now You See Me, and the writer did X3 and Elektra, I always imagined Norton's contributions saved the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

No, I don't think so.

Because they could get a joke out of how he can't have sex ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because they could get a joke out of how he can't have sex ?
    Undermining the whole concept for a joke. Thanks, Norton!

Mighty Member

I'm kind of curious why Savage Hulk in canon isn't used much anymore. I like those 70s and 80s issues where Hulk is rampaging around. Don't get me wrong, I do like smart Banner Brain in Hulk but want more savage.

Savage has been showing up here and there a lot since the Jenkins run. Sure, there's been long gaps where other personalities have become dominant, but Savage is definitely more around in the past two decades than he was in the late 80s and 90s. Mark Waid for example used him (although in a somewhat more MCUish version with even more limited vocabulary) for example. The main Jeph Loeb Hulk was the Savage before he was depowered (When he was repowered he pretty much was Green Scar again).

He's appeared several times in Immortal Hulk, where he's referred to mostly as "The big guy". He's pretty much one of the dominant personalities along with Devil, Banner himself, and "Sunshine Joe". He shows up when Devil seems to get really, really angry or in the many "body horror" parts we've seen, such as when Betty ate his heart.

In the comics there really isn't a Banner-controlled Hulk at the moment (Technically all Hulks are Banner, but I'm guessing you mean the default Human persona); just the movies. Devil is smart but in a kind of different way.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Analysis: Prof. Hulk mentions that the only way to have a conceivably ideal world to get rid of the people in it. This ties directly into Devil Hulk's current philosophy of "Ending the Human World" and implies that the Hulk has been planning this since the beginning.

Howdy!

Guys, I’ve been out of touch with comics for ages, I decided to come back earlier this year. I’ve caught up with Iron Man and X-Men. Currently reading Captain America. So I’ve decided after Cap, imma either read Hulk or FF. I’ve got negative feedback on FFs current run, sooo is Hulks current run new reader friendly? If not, what do you recommend?

Thank you, fellers

Hmm, I figure the Immortal Hulk is new reader friendly enough, as long as you can accept that pretty much every Hulk supporting character became a Hulk at some point.

It’s also very good, though it’s perhaps Hulk at his least heroic, if that’s a problem for you.