Page 162 of 171 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So I was thinking of the new MJ monthly and I thought, could an Immortal Hulk spin-off work with Red Harpy perhaps? Betty's had her own series before, taking over her father's series as Red She Hulk when the character moved over to the Thunderbolts, although it didn't last that long.
    .... what would be the focus of the series? Betty vs monster of the month? where would she be traveling? is she the Harpy all the time now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It's perfectly inline with what the Devil Hulk described in issue 15 when he's talking to Samson. "The human race needs to go. Let's start with the nukes. The president can end all life in minutes- and the whole system is designed to make it that easy. Can't have anything get in the way of Armageddon, right? ... Or maybe it won't even matter. The planet's already boiling to death- wildfires, hurricanes, whole chunks of the food chain dying off.... You want to know why I want to end the world, Samson? Because if I do it, some of them will live."

Devil Hulk's grievances are from the top of the system down. The vast majority of pollution and weaponry comes from corporate and governmental systems, the exact places Banner was talking about smashing. This has been an undercurrent for a while.
    Without turning this into a massive debate, I don't get that message from that quote at all.

"Humans are bad. They can end the world. They are causing climate change. They need to be stopped."

That's all that was being said. You have to stretch pretty far to then say ... "but only the evil corporations and politicians". That Hulk is is going full Fight Club: he wants the whole system to fall. In that scenario calling out corporations is nonsense. His issues are bigger than that. Not to mention the timing is still odd.

The only thing that makes sense for me is if Devil Hulk has something to gain from going at Roxxon. Then he's manipulating Bruce using a cause he's favorable to in order to get something towards the greater goal of conquering the universe. If that ends up being the case ... I'll be glad to be proven wrong. Until then, I simply don't agree that its a natural plot development. Hulk looking for trouble after 25 issues of dealing with trouble is weird.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 11-15-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Readers of the latest issue of Mighty World of Marvel were told that Immortal Hulk and Jim Zub's Champions run were due to start next issue. However, the title has instead been cancelled!
    http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019...of-marvel.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I was thinking of the new MJ monthly and I thought, could an Immortal Hulk spin-off work with Red Harpy perhaps? Betty's had her own series before, taking over her father's series as Red She Hulk when the character moved over to the Thunderbolts, although it didn't last that long.
    It could work but Betty lacks a real purpose of her own outside of her playing off Bruce.

Maybe a mini to test the waters?

The Red She Hulk series had her mainly working for some secret organization with some help from Machine Man; and her last assignment was actually killing Bruce, which led to the Doc Green story arc.

Betty can transform back into her human state, but due to her problems with Bruce right now prefers to remain in her Red Harpy form in front of him. She only changed back to her human form when keeping an eye on Rick.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So the Hulk syndrome thing is a bit of a retcon, but it kind of explains how Cho, Jen and Samson (During the Loeb run) developed "savage" versions despite not being subject to the same trauma Bruce was.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

How long have we got Bennet for, until he is time off effects the book ?

Here's a page from Smash #43, published in 1966 (which incidentally, had Batman on the front cover).

Source: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019...mash-no43.html

And the same content as it originally appeared in Fantastic Four #25 in 1964:

You'll notice three major oddities. One, the UK version has been rearranged to have more panels on the page. Two, it's been de-coloured. And three, they added a new intro because the issue of FF got split in two - and refer to the Age of Smash, instead of the Marvel Age.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If you have Marvel Unlimited, have you lost access to a lot of Hulk issues? Lots have apparently vanished, including most of PAD's run.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...vel-unlimited/

Spectacular Member

So the Hulk syndrome thing is a bit of a retcon, but it kind of explains how Cho, Jen and Samson (During the Loeb run) developed "savage" versions despite not being subject to the same trauma Bruce was.
    It also explains why Ross was able to remain in control while in his red hulk form since he didn’t get his gamma energy from Bruce.

Though come to think of it, I wonder why Betty seemed so mentally unstable in her Red She-hulk form during Pak’s run. Perhaps the fan theory of her possibly being bi-polar is true. And I believe she was revealed to have a “savage” personality as well in her own series.

I bought volume 4 of Immortal hulk today.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Just some general thoughts on today's issue:

-Not sure if I'll like Dario Agger much is this run either, but it's interesting how he's basically setup Roxxon to survive the supposed incoming distance of climate change no matter what.
    -At the first few pages, I thought the "three sides of the story" panels would ruin the pacing, but it turned out great and actually was a smart way to tell the plot without jumping around all over the place.
    -I think this issue was for the people who said Ewing can't choreograph action scenes. I don't care much either way, but overall was a great display of Devil Hulk's power.
    -Holy smokes, Hulk took several Hulk-level creatures!
    -I know people'll say Dario's defenses of their data was poor/stupid, but think about it. You have the BERSERKERS who clobbered Thor and other high-level beings. Most people couldn't get past them and Dario said it himself: no one would go after them at their home turf.
    -I kinda would've preferred DH Hulk to keep his weakness to sunlight. Sure, it stops from him constantly jobbing out in the middle of a fight but it gives him moments of weakness and adds stakes to the series. On the flip side, I'm REALLY interested how Hulk's enemies plan on taking him down now.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought volume 4 of Immortal hulk today.
    I just bought volume 2 a couple days ago.

I'd love to supervise making an animated series tackling the Hulk's journey through the decades, and hope to make it a great take on his journey.
    I don't want to shy away from anything important to the Hulk mythos, especially the macroverse which is barely even touched in other media.

I think taking Dale Kewon's Hulk design might be the choice I'd go with, but I don't want to have the Hulk be that massive.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage