Page 42 of 171 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I've seen the new Abomination! And it's, well, a true abomination. Really grotesque!

Just read #17.

Poor Rick.

Another truly excellent issue.

Loving what has been done with Abomination(s).

Also. I love all the horror culture references these guys throw in. Love the ‘Alien’ bits.
    Last edited by Russ840; 05-15-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #256
    Cover Date: February 1981
    Sale Date: November 18th, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Power in the Promised Land!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Col. Talbot, Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Doc Samson, General Ross, Captain Bowman, Lt. Perrywinkle , Dr. Maxwell and Sahad
    Antagonist: Sabra
    Synopsis: Open to Col. Glenn Talbot trying to justify continued funding of Gamma Base to a U.S. Congressional Committee after the latest attempt and failure at capturing and curing (ahem- killing!) of the Hulk. It falls on deaf ears and Congress pulls the plug and we see reactions from Rick, Betty, Doc Samson and a frail General Ross. Talbot, meanwhile, has other plans. Cut to a ship that has just docked in Tel Aviv, Isreal. Bruce Banner, after suffering from a severe case of seasickness, has finally managed to get some sleep when a cargo crane rudely awakens him. He panics and transforms into the Hulk. Policewoman Ruth Ben-Sera hears the carnage and transforms into the super-heroine Sabra. As she leaps into the air, the Hulk quickly reverts back to Banner, the effects of hunger and exhaustion taking its toll on the brute as well. He wanders thru a market square and befriends a small boy named Sahad. They bond over some watermelon, but the boy is killed by terrorists after the café he enters explodes. Grief-stricken, Banner transforms and makes short work of the masked men when Sabra appears. The two fight and Sabra’s energy quills start to have their desired effect on the Hulk – until he spies little Sahad’s body. Rage flushes out the enrgy quills from his system and he swats Sabra away, gathers Sahad and leaps away. Hours later, she catches up to him and barks orders that he is under arrest for being complicit in the boy’s death. The Hulk denies it, and simply tells her that the boy died because “you wouldn’t share!” He tearfully finishes his explanation and leaves Sabra to mourn.

Commentary: Globe-trotting Hulk stories start here. Mantlo has started shifting from rehashing standard Hulk stories into something a little different.

Fantastic Member

Deleted.. can't remember how to post spoiler tags.

Again, a brilliant issue! Art, writing and the voices of the characters (specially Joe's) were perfect. With every issue you don't know what to expect in the future, but Ewing and the team keep nailing it!

Can't wait to see more of Joe (this Banner/Joe Combo was scary!) and the other incarnations, how the dynamics between them works, and, of course, the Abomination!

Perfect score review!

AITP!
    Just when you thought a series has shown you everything, sunlight hits it and another shocking revelation emerges from this masterpiece of comic book horror. Ignore any review that regards this series as less than perfect. Even if it had flaws (which is definitely NOT this issue) they’d probably contribute to an overall arc. This is about as right as you can get a comic book. The universal praise this book achieves consistently here and elsewhere isn’t hype, it’s earned.
    (10/10)

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-abomination/

Immortal Hulk preview pencils by Joe Bennett

Hmm

Do I spy multiple feathered fiends?

So, no one read the issue here? LOL

Not only it was amazing, the description of what comes in #18 got me even more excited and intrigued:

Next issue, Joe's been busy, Bruce makes a list, Devil Hulk's not happy about it and something truly Abominable is stalking all of them.
    Also - while we've been following Hulk, what has Gamma Flight been up to? And what became of Betty Ross?

This was a staggeringly well done issue. Just friggen awesome all over.

does the spoil tag work for images ... because one page in particular is amazing

I believe they do, GrandEleven.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    So, no one read the issue here? LOL

Not only it was amazing, the description of what comes in #18 got me even more excited and intrigued:

Next issue, Joe's been busy, Bruce makes a list, Devil Hulk's not happy about it and something truly Abominable is stalking all of them.
    Also - while we've been following Hulk, what has Gamma Flight been up to? And what became of Betty Ross?
    Well, there's only so much you can talk about lol. I like how Joe was portrayed (being crafty yet sassy), also it's pretty curious how the Hulk can expel access Gamma energy in a massive explosion a-la Superman; maybe that'll come in handy later. Next issue seems to be the start of the meat of this particular arc so there should be much more reactions.

I read the issue and I enjoyed it. I liked how Joe managed to set Bushwacker and Fortean up. I also hope we get to see Doc Samson again. Hopefully he isn't gone for good again. I also can't wait to see Abomination come back. I really hope he proves to be a worthy foe for Hulk again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #256
    Cover Date: February 1981
    Sale Date: November 18th, 1980
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Power in the Promised Land!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Col. Talbot, Betty Ross, Rick Jones, Doc Samson, General Ross, Captain Bowman, Lt. Perrywinkle , Dr. Maxwell and Sahad
    Antagonist: Sabra
    Synopsis: Open to Col. Glenn Talbot trying to justify continued funding of Gamma Base to a U.S. Congressional Committee after the latest attempt and failure at capturing and curing (ahem- killing!) of the Hulk. It falls on deaf ears and Congress pulls the plug and we see reactions from Rick, Betty, Doc Samson and a frail General Ross. Talbot, meanwhile, has other plans. Cut to a ship that has just docked in Tel Aviv, Isreal. Bruce Banner, after suffering from a severe case of seasickness, has finally managed to get some sleep when a cargo crane rudely awakens him. He panics and transforms into the Hulk. Policewoman Ruth Ben-Sera hears the carnage and transforms into the super-heroine Sabra. As she leaps into the air, the Hulk quickly reverts back to Banner, the effects of hunger and exhaustion taking its toll on the brute as well. He wanders thru a market square and befriends a small boy named Sahad. They bond over some watermelon, but the boy is killed by terrorists after the café he enters explodes. Grief-stricken, Banner transforms and makes short work of the masked men when Sabra appears. The two fight and Sabra’s energy quills start to have their desired effect on the Hulk – until he spies little Sahad’s body. Rage flushes out the enrgy quills from his system and he swats Sabra away, gathers Sahad and leaps away. Hours later, she catches up to him and barks orders that he is under arrest for being complicit in the boy’s death. The Hulk denies it, and simply tells her that the boy died because “you wouldn’t share!” He tearfully finishes his explanation and leaves Sabra to mourn.

Commentary: Globe-trotting Hulk stories start here. Mantlo has started shifting from rehashing standard Hulk stories into something a little different.
    Just to say that I love your reviews. I discovered a lot of classic Hulk stories that I have never read.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !