Page 35 of 171 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I love that Al Ewing is getting the recognition He deserves through Immortal Hulk!

Being called superstar Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk) in the Valkyrie #1 solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Immortal Hulk July 2019 Solicitations!

MMORTAL HULK #20
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Carnage-ized Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    • Bruce Banner is being hunted on two fronts by two dead loved ones turned nightmarish, implacable foes.
    • The stage is set for a brutal three-way confrontation between the ABOMINATION...the HARPY...
    • ...and the IMMORTAL HULK.
    Attachment 81417

IMMORTAL HULK #21
    • As the smoke from last issue clears, General Fortean makes a fateful decision.
    • There can be no more half measure. No weapon is off the table. Force must be met with equal force.
    • This is a war without rules...and SHADOW BASE is going to win.
    Attachment 81418
    Thanks for the sollicits, really can't wait to see Hulk facing both the Harpy and Abomination. I also can't wait to see what the Abomination will looks like, Marvel managed to keep his appearance a secret for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I love that Al Ewing is getting the recognition He deserves through Immortal Hulk!

Being called superstar Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk) in the Valkyrie #1 solicitation.
    He really deserves it, his recent works on Immortal Hulk, Avengers and Defenders have been phenomenal!

Immortal Hulk July 2019 Solicitations!

MMORTAL HULK #20
    Carnage-ized Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    • Bruce Banner is being hunted on two fronts by two dead loved ones turned nightmarish, implacable foes.
    • The stage is set for a brutal three-way confrontation between the ABOMINATION...the HARPY...
    • ...and the IMMORTAL HULK.
    Attachment 81417

IMMORTAL HULK #21
    • As the smoke from last issue clears, General Fortean makes a fateful decision.
    • There can be no more half measure. No weapon is off the table. Force must be met with equal force.
    • This is a war without rules...and SHADOW BASE is going to win.
    Attachment 81418
    These look awesome. I'm glad that IH is both a commercial and critical success. Ewing and Bennett are doing great work.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

This may have been discussed and please forgive me if it has. This is my first full on run of the Hulk I have read, I know enough about the character and a bit about past runs. But I did have a question about the final page in the most recent issue. Was that page where he says, "Joe's here" or something like that, referring to Joe Fixit?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I knew it was only a matter of putting Ewing on an “important” character and he would finally get some respect. I appreciate Ewing’s love and preference for the B and C-Listers but he was going about it the wrong way. First you have to make your name on one of the A-Listers, then people will associate your name with quality and will check out your books just off the strength of your name. All his books were getting cancelled because 1. No one knew who he was and 2. The characters he liked weren’t very well known or popular.

I’m grateful he’s on Hulk for the foreseeable future at least, a 5 act structure that’s only just entered Act 2 should keep him on Hulk until 2021 at the earliest. If his writing continues to be great and Marvel doesn’t screw him over with their events we’re looking at the most definitive run for Hulk since (imo) PAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This may have been discussed and please forgive me if it has. This is my first full on run of the Hulk I have read, I know enough about the character and a bit about past runs. But I did have a question about the final page in the most recent issue. Was that page where he says, "Joe's here" or something like that, referring to Joe Fixit?
    Yep. “Banner” also has gray eyes if you look closely, showing Joe is piloting the body.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Not strictly related to Hulk and it doesn't deserve it's own thread, but how possible is it that the One Below All appears as chaotic cloud because he doesn't/isn't allowed to have an M-body?
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 04-20-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You're totally correct, Jekyll. The only thing we have to know, until IH #17, is how this new dynamic between and Banner works. When and under which circunstances he comes out, and what can he do??

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of putting Ewing on an “important” character and he would finally get some respect. I appreciate Ewing’s love and preference for the B and C-Listers but he was going about it the wrong way. First you have to make your name on one of the A-Listers, then people will associate your name with quality and will check out your books just off the strength of your name. All his books were getting cancelled because 1. No one knew who he was and 2. The characters he liked weren’t very well known or popular.

I’m grateful he’s on Hulk for the foreseeable future at least, a 5 act structure that’s only just entered Act 2 should keep him on Hulk until 2021 at the earliest. If his writing continues to be great and Marvel doesn’t screw him over with their events we’re looking at the most definitive run for Hulk since (imo) PAD.

Yep. “Banner” also has gray eyes if you look closely, showing Joe is piloting the body.
    You nailed it. Having Ewing in Hulk is a blessing for both. I still remember, in one of his intreviews before Immortal Hulk was announced, when he said he was working in one of the biggest properties, but with a horror/suspense, and it being the most ambitious thing he had ever done, I was so happy, because I knew he was talking about the Hulk!

Not strictly related to Hulk and it doesn't deserve it's own thread, but how possible is it that the One Below All appears as chaotic cloud because he doesn't/isn't allowed to have an M-body?
    I think that's the case, PlatinumThorns. Ewing mentioned in his twitter that TOBA probably didn't even had a true form!

From Joe Bennett's facebook page:

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #241
    Cover Date: November 1979
    Sale Date: August 21st, 1979
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jin Novak
    Colorist: Glynis Wein
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“Partners in Deception!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Tulak
    Villain: Goldbug and They
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner has been captured by the mysterious They Who Wield Power in order to siphon the Hulk's power and restore the Flame of Life. Elsewhere, Goldbug has awakened and much to his chagrin, quite angry about having finally discovered the legendary city, and how it would make the world’s common gold worthless. He blames the Hulk and plots his revenge. Cut back to They Who Wield Power, and we get the backstory on how they have been manipulating heroes and villains in order to restore the Flame and conclude that the Hulk had enough power to fully restore it. A furious Banner triggers the transformation, but it’s stalled half-way thru as his life force is emptied into the Flame.
    We see Des off in the corner plotting his next move, and Goldbug has realized he’s in over his head Suddenly, Prince Rey and Lann are in the grip of the same power claws that were used on Banner earlier and they realize that Des has used them the same way they used everyone else…and crumble to dust. The Banner/Hulk rages and asks why, to which we see the old man drink a potion and reveal himself to be Tyrannus. We get a three page explanation on what’s transpired in his life up until now, when Goldbug makes his move. Tyrannus quickly traps him in a net, but he’s able to toss a device above the Banner/Hulk’s head. It splits apart and coats him in gold, setting off a complete panic and completing the transformation into the Hulk. The brute breaks free and threatens to smash Tyrannus, but is blasted out of the Temple. The villain then declares his intention to take over the world with the power of the Flame….

Commentary:
    With this issue, Sal takes over inking his own work and continues to do so for the next 2-3 years. Stern goes out with a bang with this storyline, as this was more action-orientated than the previous few issues. He wraps up the They storyline that lost its way a few years back when Len Wein jumped ship to DC…

From Joe Bennett's facebook page:

Nice find. She looks terrifying here and that's in a good way.

I was very skeptical about Ewing writing the Hulk title with a horror theme but I have been pleasantly surprised by how good this story has been. The art has been great as well. I hope Ewing keeps this momentum throughout his entire run on the Hulk.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Hate that they keep pitting Bruce and Betty at odds...turns me off the whole book. Won't be supporting it from here on.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Sucks for you I guess, lol

BANNED

Sucks for you I guess, lol
    Nah, I'm good. I don't think Immortal Hulk's as good as people say it is either. I've never liked it when they take iconic couples and twist them into something they otherwise wouldn't be. Have fun with it, I'll wait 'till something better comes along...like PAD's forthcoming one-shot
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-20-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

With how comics are teased, how do you know what exactly is going to happen before the issue has come out?
    Baby Thanos

Fantastic Member

I've been reading since the early 70s and you say iconic, I say toxic.

Both have been apart from each other multiple times and seen other people. They've died. They've had kids with other people. They've tried to kill one another. Etc, etc.

Does this sound healthy?

I realize it's the nature of soap opera/serialized comics, but at what point do you say, "Y'know, I care about you but we're just not good for one another"

Besides, I always thought it was a missed opportunity with Kate Waynesboro.

Without splitting Betty and Bruce up, we'd never have Jarella, Caiera, Kate, etc. And there's been lots of good storylines revolving around them.