Page 108 of 171 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but that's deliberate, and even then they know when to pull back some.

Agger never does. He's always over the top, always a greedy bastard, and as a consequence, always so damn boring
    I firmly disagree with your pulling back comment. Not for nothing, Dario Agger is not always portrayed high intensity like the Joker, but he may be just as insane. After all, the guy's whole family was killed in front of him when he was young.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Not that I'm worried about. Ewing is so good that He can elevate and make cardboard, one-dimensional (let's considerate Agger in that category, for a moment) characters into something much more interesting, as he's already done to a lot of characters.

Anyway, my expectations for Immortal Hulk #22 are so high!

I agree about Ewing. Again, it comes down to the creative team to make characters interesting.

I too eagerly await the next issue.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I firmly disagree with your pulling back comment. Not for nothing, Dario Agger is not always portrayed high intensity like the Joker, but he may be just as insane. After all, the guy's whole family was killed in front of him when he was young.
    IMO, Agger is little more than Bullseye or Carnage in a nice suit. He'll do anything so nothing he can do is interesting/surprising.

Characters need limits. Especially 2-D characters with no tone of voice or actions to convey emotion.

IMO, Agger is little more than Bullseye or Carnage in a nice suit. He'll do anything so nothing he can do is interesting/surprising.

Characters need limits. Especially 2-D characters with no tone of voice or actions to convey emotion.
    I'm not up to date on how Carnage or Bullseye have been portrayed lately, but I disagree with just about everything you've said. What limit does Joker, Doctor. Doom or early Carnage have?

I'm not up to date on how Carnage or Bullseye have been portrayed lately, but I disagree with just about everything you've said. What limit does Joker, Doctor. Doom or early Carnage have?
    None. And, basically, the same applies to any villain.

Immortal Hulk #24 (it seems) preview pencils by Joe Bennett

His art is amazing!

Not exactly a surprise, but interesting anyway. When asked about TOAA:

Al Ewing Writes Comics
    @Al_Ewing

In response to
    @AustinDodd12
    These are questions that are better answered on the comics page rather than on Twitter, but I've certainly been assuming that TOAA is, by definition, Above All - including Eternity. And TOBA is Below All, including Oblivion, Mephisto and other coded-as-evil powers.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...400082947?s=20

Ultimate Member

Doom has a code of honor that he follows to the letter, but not spirit. The Joker all about lethal pranks.

Carnage has never had characterization beyond 'kill kill kill' and Agger is the same, except 'money money money'

Fantastic Member

Listen, i am genuinely disappointed that we are going to have the next half a dozen chapters or so dedicated to Roxxon and Dario, as i said literally never found them interesting or threatening enough. I mean really, Hulk faces another brick? However if there is one guy that can make interesting and add a twist to it, it would be Al, so i am hoping that is the case. Maybe Dario messes with the forces of hell and it backfires.

But if that's not the case and he just turns out the be "beast of myth" that Metatron spoke off, that will be quite the letdown.

Doom has a code of honor that he follows to the letter, but not spirit. The Joker all about lethal pranks.

Carnage has never had characterization beyond 'kill kill kill' and Agger is the same, except 'money money money'
    They are all still over the top no matter how you cut it. Have you even read Weapon H? Which gives Dario Agger more character depth because he was the prime antagonist in the story, cause I don't think you have. He is far from what you describe.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 08-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Listen, i am genuinely disappointed that we are going to have the next half a dozen chapters or so dedicated to Roxxon and Dario, as i said literally never found them interesting or threatening enough. I mean really, Hulk faces another brick? However if there is one guy that can make interesting and add a twist to it, it would be Al, so i am hoping that is the case. Maybe Dario messes with the forces of hell and it backfires.

But if that's not the case and he just turns out the be "beast of myth" that Metatron spoke off, that will be quite the letdown.
    I think you're jumping the gun. You have absolutely no clue (unless you do) on what the story is about. If Minotaur is the Beast of Myth; and according to mythology, a Minotaur is a Beast of Myth; I'm sure Al's story will have weight. Also, please stop with this silly "brick" labeling that guys that participate in Comic Battles have made up. Minotaur like Hulk are "Mystical Beings" or "Monsters" whose powers are yet to be revealed. All the official write ups on Dario Agger state that all his abilities are unknown.

Fantastic Member

I think you're jumping the gun. You have absolutely no clue (unless you do) on what the story is about. If Minotaur is the Beast of Myth; and according to mythology, a Minotaur is a Beast of Myth; I'm sure Al's story will have weight. Also, please stop with this silly "brick" labeling that guys that participate in Comic Battles have made up. Minotaur like Hulk are "Mystical Beings" or "Monsters" whose powers are yet to be revealed. All the official write ups on Dario Agger state that all his abilities are unknown.
    As i said i don't know what Al is going to do exactly with all of this so i am not jumping the gun, we do know from the solicits that Hulk is going after them because he wants to change/fix the world so he is going after the first evil corporation. It very much looks like the Minotaur is the beast of Myth that Metatron is referencing which is a bit of a disappointment cause i was hoping it's some creature from Hell/Bible. It's not a silly labeling, you may not like it but it is what it is, guys like Hulk are brick types and that's perfectly fine and nothing wrong with that in fact all of my favorite Marvel characters are bricks like Hulk, Thing, Hercules, Colossus. I like the strong, bruiser type heroes that don't pull random abilities out of their ass that gives them a new solution for every problem, instead like to solve the problems with their fists. With that said i sincerely doubt Dario is gonna be showing us something we haven't seen from him before which is a shame i was hoping he would fight someone that isn't just a bruiser like himself, Al himself for instance seems to have forgotten that Harpy can shoot gamma blasts, so i doubt he will be giving Dario of all characters some new abilities apart from punching stuff. Official write ups saying we don't know all of Darios abilities is nothing new, it says that about every character that hasn't had much screen time, doesn't mean anything new will be revealed. As of right now Dario is a Hulk-lite character that has served as a punching bag for Thor, Jane Thor and Clayton. Again not really interested in seeing him, unless Al just adds something new and fun to the mix we haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    As i said i don't know what Al is going to do exactly with all of this so i am not jumping the gun, we do know from the solicits that Hulk is going after them because he wants to change/fix the world so he is going after the first evil corporation. It very much looks like the Minotaur is the beast of Myth that Metatron is referencing which is a bit of a disappointment cause i was hoping it's some creature from Hell/Bible. It's not a silly labeling, you may not like it but it is what it is, guys like Hulk are brick types and that's perfectly fine and nothing wrong with that in fact all of my favorite Marvel characters are bricks like Hulk, Thing, Hercules, Colossus. I like the strong, bruiser type heroes that don't pull random abilities out of their ass that gives them a new solution for every problem, instead like to solve the problems with their fists. With that said i sincerely doubt Dario is gonna be showing us something we haven't seen from him before which is a shame i was hoping he would fight someone that isn't just a bruiser like himself, Al himself for instance seems to have forgotten that Harpy can shoot gamma blasts, so i doubt he will be giving Dario of all characters some new abilities apart from punching stuff. Official write ups saying we don't know all of Darios abilities is nothing new, it says that about every character that hasn't had much screen time, doesn't mean anything new will be revealed. As of right now Dario is a Hulk-lite character that has served as a punching bag for Thor, Jane Thor and Clayton. Again not really interested in seeing him, unless Al just adds something new and fun to the mix we haven't seen before.
    Yeah you're jumping the gun. You haven't even read it and you've already stated you won't like it. That makes no sense.

BTW, Al Ewing is not just using Biblical stories to teach us in his run. He's writing his story in the Marvel Universe's mythos. What don't fans get?
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 08-06-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah you're jumping the gun. You haven't even read it and you've already stated you won't like it. That makes no sense.

BTW, Al Ewing is not just using Biblical stories to teach us in his run. He's writing his story in the Marvel Universe's mythos. What don't fans get?
    No i said i don't like that Dario and Roxxon are involved, i have said multiple times that if i believe one writer nowadays can turn it into something interesting it's Ewing.

He isn't but he has dump a lot of Biblical exposition on us and personally i would love to see Hulk getting more involved with the whole Hell thing, it'd be cool to see the Beasts from the Old testament, maybe even the Leviathan itself and stuff like that.