Page 111 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2556
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Sure but that's not the problem here, the problem is Joe is a douchebag, he is a stereotype of a 30's mob boss. He'd never have favorable opinions on trans people, in fact quite the opposite and in general it is just weird having Hulk even talk about trans stuff. This all feels so out of place in a Hulk comic centered around horror.

The problem is people think just because some problems are relatable in some way that means everyone has a positive view on each other and supports one another, that is often not the case. Maestro is in the same boat as every other Hulk and he is a genocidal, rapist, dictatorial maniac and so are a few other Hulk personas. But because they are all just trapped in Banners head i guess that means they can relate to the struggles of others? No.... that's just not the case.
    Having the writer trash his own beliefs is dumb. But honestly I couldn't give two hoots about topical stuff like that, so it just came off as another piece of dialog to me that Joe was using as an example.

The stuff that bugs me about the preaching is 1) it's everywhere right now 2) it's everywhere right now and I'm sick of hearing about politics, trolls and whatever else, and 3) It feels like a commercial.

It's not as bad as Bruce Banner's 'white privilege' (people shoot Banner all the time, Jackie! You came on a gunboat, with guys carrying guns, both of which were used to shoot him. Hell as soon as the "heroes" thought they could get away with it they shot Bruce.

That's how all this literally started!)

What's uninteresting is that you could add all those epitaphs to Dario and it still doesn't make him interesting, he is one-dimensional, he messed with "mystical energies" oh wow so has half the Marvel at some point. When we get to Dario we'll have just finished beating up an Evil corporation head by a villain that messed with "mystical energies", so i am not stoked about having a repeat. Dario is also by himself not really a challenge for the Hulk, he is just another brick that's weaker than Hulk in every regard. Al understood this with Abomination which is why he gave him that acid attack, hopefully he does something similar with Dario.
    You're wrong. Any character can grow from being one dimensional to fully characteristically interesting with a few typed presses of some buttons. He didn't just mess with mystical energies, he is powered by them. The extent is not yet known. Evil corporations doing evil acts was an ongoing Marvel theme in it's early days, that seems to have found it's way back where it belongs. And you may desire to call Dario's Minotaur form a "brick" but he may welll be the fore mentioned "Beast of Myth" whose potential, as I've stated before, is said to be unknown. You don't know the extent of his power nor has it been shown according to the official Marvel write up.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 08-07-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    You're wrong. Any character can grow from being one dimensional to fully characteristically interesting with a few typed presses of some buttons. He didn't just mess with mystical energies, he is powered by them. The extent is not yet known. Evil corporations doing evil acts was an ongoing Marvel theme in it's early days, that seems to have found it's way back where it belongs. And you may desire to call Dario's Minotaur form a "brick" but he may welll be the fore mentioned "Beast of Myth" whose potential, as I've stated before, is said to be unknown. You don't know the extent of his power nor has it been shown according to the official Marvel write up.
    Sure he can, but i am not interested in seeing Dario grow, i don't find him interesting at all. Good for him, why does that interest me? And we had plenty of times to see the full extent of his powers, i was not impressed.

Ok here is my prediction to you, he will be nothing more than a brick that he has always been and the "full extent of his powers" is just nonsense that is written for EVERY character that has little appearances, the only thing we could see from Darion is if he pulled a Fortean and tried to use some gamma to make himself more powerful in some way, by himself he is just another brick and he will always remain just another brick.

Having read up on Agger, I'm guessing we'll be getting a parallel between Banner/Dario. Childhood trauma+power.

He's definitely no match for the Hulk, but that's what resources and powerups are for. Particularly if ROXXON focuses on Gamma.

Sure he can, but i am not interested in seeing Dario grow, i don't find him interesting at all. Good for him, why does that interest me? And we had plenty of times to see the full extent of his powers, i was not impressed.

Ok here is my prediction to you, he will be nothing more than a brick that he has always been and the "full extent of his powers" is just nonsense that is written for EVERY character that has little appearances, the only thing we could see from Darion is if he pulled a Fortean and tried to use some gamma to make himself more powerful in some way, by himself he is just another brick and he will always remain just another brick.
    The story will tell the tale.

And you're wrong about the "full extent of his powers" being written for "EVERY" character. It's usually reserved for extremely powerful beings.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Fantastic Member

The story will tell the tale.

And you're wrong about the "full extent of his powers" being written for "EVERY" character. It's usually reserved for extremely powerful beings.
    Not really, the full extent of his power is written quite often and a lot of the times we never even see the full extent of his powers, also that's useless Wiki talk. I have no idea how that helps us in any way, Dario has never even hinted at being anything more than your regular brick.

Fantastic Member

All I can say is that I'm finally glad we're seeing DID presented better/realistically(?)

Banner's REALLY messed up in the head and it's been treated like, "No big deal, he just gets angry and changes color" instead of "Crazy guy who wants to save the world one minute, destroy it the next and is capable of doing so".. maybe everyone should treat him better/walk on eggshells. Nothing at all like that scene in Civil War II in other words.

I'm fine with the social issue stuff. Could it be done better? Sure. All good runs have some element of this. PAD had his AIDS issue (which pissed off people) Morrision had his animal rights/vegan stuff. Alan Moore had environmentalism. Etc, etc. You could focus on those aspects of their runs too. Nothing wrong with disliking how it's inserted into the story -- hell people like Bendis didn't like stuff like other issues being referenced within issues too, disrupting the flow of a story.

Anyways, what's odd/fascinating to me is Joe's evolution. He's happier instead of antagonistic. Hell, he appreciated a sunrise despite hating the sun. It speaks volumes of what's going on inside Bruce. Hulk's caring for Bruce, personalities appearing in daylight, personalities talking through mirrors/via paper/etc. Before he was united inorganically, is he starting to come together on his own in a way? What will result in the end?

Much like Fixit living it up in Vegas it's nice to see another side of the personalities besides being the equivalent of a suit Bruce wears to defeat an enemy. In other words, it's nice to see them being developed and showing another side of Bruce. Very little writers did this for the Hulk much less other personas. People can finally see there's more to the book that a puny scientist with anger issues and his big green bodyguard. Or to put it another way, the Defenders did a great job at showing the Child like Hulk's personality and fleshing it out instead of depicting him as "the Brick"

Not really, the full extent of his power is written quite often and a lot of the times we never even see the full extent of his powers, also that's useless Wiki talk. I have no idea how that helps us in any way, Dario has never even hinted at being anything more than your regular brick.
    Interesting how you feel you can override Marvel Comics official statement on the matter.

Also, please provide the reference where they label him as a "brick".

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I think Joe, as well as every other personality jumping around in Bruce's head, can relate to the problem of having to hid a part or all of themselves. Joe even states "I GET that ... Folks wanting to be themselves...". I think its a topic that fits right in with a Hulk book, especially for one with one of its themes being about control.
    That's exactly the point!

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Peeps! Peeeeeps! Let's save the minutiae for after the Gamma Rays from the explosions of issues 23, 24, and 25 have seared the puny flesh from our bones, turned us into Gamma Irradiated Beings, and cast us into The Below Place.

Fantastic Member

Interesting how you feel you can override Marvel Comics official statement on the matter.

Also, please provide the reference where they label him as a "brick".
    Those are not "official Marvel statements", it's just a entry in wiki when you have characters that haven't been around for long so it's possible their abilities and history can be updated, you are actually basing all of this on what might or might not happen, as it stands we can only judge Dario by what we saw of him.

What do you want me to show you? Look at his fights in Thor and Weapon H, he fights like a classic brick and hasn't shown anything apart from that.

This was fun.

A rising call for Gamma Flight.
    Some last minute fun for the Hulk Crew.

All before it all Goes Down.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

67594094_10215785228768340_8621799121872748544_n.jpg

Another sketch from the next issue.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

A round of stellar reviews!

Immortal Hulk #22

ComicBook.com (10/10)

This comic features one of the most perfect page turns in recent memory. It is a tremendous moment of set up and punchline balanced across similar spaces with dramatically different utilizations. That splash, toward the end of Immortal Hulk #22, is excellent enough to garner a rave review and the rest of the issue meets the bar set by this perfect pair of pages. Abomination’s new design continues to terrify and is only enhanced by the events of the previous issue. The three notable collections of characters are gracefully balanced across 20 pages that read as being far more (in the best possible fashion). Somehow, after more than a year of consistent excellence, Immortal Hulk continues to remind readers why it’s the strongest superhero series around.

https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/08...arvel-image/#4

The Super Powered Fancast (9.2/10)

The Story: Immortal Hulk is taking some intense and insane turns in this issue and I am here for them. Al Ewing is making a story that goes to some dark and interesting places both with the characters and the conflicts. Fortean is becoming a villain more formidable than any of his predecessors and the lengths he’s willing to go to stop Hulk perfectly play into the horror movie aesthetic of this series. All of the interpersonal conflicts between the characters are amazing. The Betty/Bruce conflict is both haunting and sad. The McGee/Joe dynamic is interesting and Joe’s continued presence signals that something significant is coming for Hulk and his internal struggle. I can’t wait to see where this story goes next and continue to be engaged by I have no idea.

The Art: Joe Bennett’s art is vibrant and full of energy. One of the best things about his work in this series is how dark, menacing and truly horrific he can make characters look on the page.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-22-review/

You Don't Read Comics (10/10)

If you’re a fan of this book, then you know that there is some genuinely groundbreaking storytelling happening here. Not just as a Hulk story, but as a comic book story, in general. If you’re not a fan, do yourself a favor, and start picking up the trades now. If Ewing’s writing has one flaw, it’s that you really have to have been following the story to know what’s going on, but it truly is one of the best comics out right now. This issue is no exception. May Ewing, and his entire team, never leave this book, because they will be an impossible act to follow.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...hulk-22-review

Comics the Gathering (9/10)

Immortal Hulk #22 demonstrates a key point in the title's runaway success: It's not just about brain-mangling horror and dualistic theology. It's a story about people, like all good stories, and this issue's peek at the personalities in all the different factions is deeply engaging.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...hulk-22-review

Weird Science (8.8/10)

Ewing’s clever storytelling is on display again in issue 22. Even though fans get an issue focused on explanation and less action, Ewing evolves the story and takes it to an entirely new level with the character development and the subtle cultural nuances connecting his story with our society today. Fans will leave the issue excited for the throw-down to come at the beginning of issue 23. Even though many fans may disagree, this reviewer hopes Ewing will refocus on some of the more religious aspects from prior issues that were so interesting to this fan. Either way, Hulk fans should get there popcorn ready for the next issue because $&@$ is going to hit the air conditioning unit… or fan. Readers, as always, pick this one up!

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ulk-22-review/