Page 85 of 171 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2556

Marvel to Kill Off Immortal Hulk in October’s Immortal Hulk #25

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ortal-hulk-25/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BleedingCool with that misleading clickbait title

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I'm hoping so!

I dunno man. My daughter and I are coming to the end of the third season and I gotta tell you... parts of it might be a bit ropey now but the story telling IMO is as solid as it's ever been. As you can probably tell I'm a DC fanboy so it'll probably come as no surprise to you that I watch Arrow, The Flash etc.

Now those shows are OK a lot of the time, but they pale to the old Incredible Hulk show IMO.

Yeah, I love that film too. It was way ahead of it's time. I'm aware it likely took some liberties with canon and such - but I think the end result was worth it. Very human story. I got where it was coming from, and what Ang Lee was trying to do.

I have to agree with you both about the tv show (still is the best marvel tv series ever) and the 2003 movie. Both have a very special place in my heart, and, concerning the movie, I do think it was released at the wrong time... We've just had Spider-Man 2002, a fun, colourful and popcorn movie (in the best sense possible) with a lot of action, romance, etc.. That's what would've made Hulk a big success at that time: basically they should've released something similar, with Hulk's fighting all kinds of monsters, things would've been way different.

The Ang Lee movie took too much liberties, of course; it was much like a strange sci-fi/horror movie with a super hero, but that's kind of the beauty of it. The level of artistry is way above almost every super hero movie we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Immortal Hulk pays tribute to the TV show as well, with the Jacqueline Mcgee character being a homage to Jack Mcgee from the show, although she's a much more complex and sympathetic character. Also, part of Mcgee's goal in the comic was to find out how the Hulk and Banner are linked; in comics that's been common knowledge since the late 60's.

The character from the two-parter "The first" has also been adapted although not quite utilized entirely yet I think.

The series also have Banner have a nomadic lifestyle although this is an approach the comic has taken many times, and I think probably predates the TV show.
    As "corny" as the Del Frye creature is nowadays, I just love that episode. I can't remember how many times I've watched it!

IMMORTAL HULK #25 WRITTEN BY AL EWING, ART BY GERMÁN GARCÍA WITH JOE BENNETT, COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    IMMORTAL HULK #25
    A GROUNDBREAKING DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE!

The heat death of our universe has come and gone. The Hulk is finally dead. Now, billions of years later, the Ninth Cosmos cowers…

You’ve never read a Hulk comic like this before. You’ve never read a Marvel comic like this before.

This is going to be insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    New Ewing interview: https://www.newsarama.com/46050-immo...-al-ewing.html

Nothing interesting besies some insight on his work methods, but an interesting bit:

This was already confirmed to be the case on his Twitter, but something to keep note of.
    Looks like I’m going to be reading some William Blake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    IMMORTAL HULK #25 WRITTEN BY AL EWING, ART BY GERMÁN GARCÍA WITH JOE BENNETT, COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    IMMORTAL HULK #25
    A GROUNDBREAKING DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE!

The heat death of our universe has come and gone. The Hulk is finally dead. Now, billions of years later, the Ninth Cosmos cowers…

You’ve never read a Hulk comic like this before. You’ve never read a Marvel comic like this before.

This is going to be insane!!
    Holy **** callbacks to Ewing’s Ultimates Run? And Alex Ross da god with another GOAT Hulk cover.

Hulklactus anyone?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

No one's ready for what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    No one's ready for what's coming.
    Art thou an Oracle? Or mayhaps a store owner?

By the by I just caught the epilogue today, after the letters page.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 07-16-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Intrigued by that PlatinumThorns (in fact, I'm intrigued even without that phrase, LOL!).

Yeah, guys, I believe we'll see what Hulk will become in the 9th cosmos! A being of Geburah or of the Golachub? A cosmic destroyer or hero?

Fantastic Member

Don't forget..

Nul was Breaker of Worlds.

From Ewing's twitter:

In response to
    @AustinDodd12

It's not going to be like any of the other issues. It might not be like any other issues of anything.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...625802240?s=20

Fantastic Member

Goddamn if this cover didn't blow my mind as well as the solicitations for it.

Who the hell can wait all the way to October for it... ugh...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Don't forget..

Nul was Breaker of Worlds.
    I really doubt Nul has anything to do with this, Hulk himself became breaker of worlds, also Al called TOBA breaker of worlds as well, so i am assuming this refers to either him or Hulk, or maybe both.

Theres a final part that was added to the of Immortal Hulk #25!

IMMORTAL HULK #25
    Written by AL EWING
    Art by GERMÁN GARCÍA with JOE BENNETT
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    GROUNDBREAKING DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE!

- You’ve never read a Hulk comic like this before. You’ve never read a Marvel comic like this before.
    - The heat death of our universe has come and gone. The Hulk is finally dead. Now, billions of years later, the Ninth Cosmos cowers...
    - ...before the BREAKER OF WORLDS.

https://www.newsarama.com/46050-immo...-al-ewing.html

Fantastic Member

Yea, the bleeding cool didn't have that part. I think that is referring to TOBA? Or maybe a newly resurrected Hulk? Remember Al said death is a hard reset for Hulk, so maybe he finally dies after billions of years only to be reborn as some kind of new entity.

This is going to be an impossible issue to predict...

@NeroSub89
    @Al_Ewing
    Myself and many others have noticed that Hulk resembles Eternity a lot in the cover of IH #25, is this intentional or coincidental? Anyway the cover and solicits for it have me pumped up so much. Most anticipated issue of IH so far.

Al Ewing Writes Comics
    @Al_Ewing
    Replying to
    @NeroSub89
    This is one upcoming book I'm not breathing a word about. Seriously, I am a sealed tomb on this one, except to say - you cannot predict what's coming.

(I don't know what I'm going to do when it comes time for interviews on websites. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.)