BANNED

The King of Night.

The Doom of Crom.

Geburah and Golachab.

God and Devil.

The Night King.

Khamael and Satan.

Angra Mainyu and Ahura Mazda.

Rage, Strength, Wrath, Vengeance and Power Incarnate.

The Breaker of Worlds.

THE IMMORTAL HULK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Amazing art and fantastic design for the Harpy. I'm really curious to see what's going to be Rick Jones new look or even Thunderbolt Ross because no way he's really dead.

Rick was previously also a green Hulk for a short time in the Al Milgrom/Early Peter David stuff while Banner was grey again; if the forms merge maybe he'll look like a green abomination, causing the Hulk to maybe mistake him for Blonsky?

Also in addition to Red Hulk Ross has been Zzazx and Redeemer...an "electric" Red Hulk perhaps?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk #17 art by Joe Bennett

He's definetly making the transformations look a lot more traumatizing and painful than before, instead of just Banner turns green and grows in size like many others have potrayed the transformation.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The demand for this book has become crazy!

As Immortal Hulk #16 Becomes a Three-Figure Comic on eBay Before Publication, it Gets Two Second Printings

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...cond-printings

....speaking of painful looking transformations.....

Immortal Hulk #20 Carnage Variant by Nick Bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Rick was previously also a green Hulk for a short time in the Al Milgrom/Early Peter David stuff while Banner was grey again; if the forms merge maybe he'll look like a green abomination, causing the Hulk to maybe mistake him for Blonsky?

Also in addition to Red Hulk Ross has been Zzazx and Redeemer...an "electric" Red Hulk perhaps?
    Yeah maybe that's what the solicitation for Immortal Hulk #19 is referring to: " It wears the face of a friend — but all it feels is hate and hunger, burning in the core of every cell."

A mix between Abomination, the green Hulk and something else which would result in a really horrible creature maybe that's the strange shadow figure on the cover of the 19th issue. I thought it was the harpy at first because of the claws but it seems to be something else.

As for Ross, I'm not sure which form they're going to give him but an electric red hulk looking like a crazy deformed monster could be something really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk #17 art by Joe Bennett

Damn that looks painful, it reminds me of Incredible Hulk #372 when Banner's skin rips open during the transformation:

That was brutal.

When Ewing and Bennett say this new Abomination is terrifying, I believe them!

Also, the Hulk has so many gruesome moments in his story. The one you posted is fantastic! One I love it's from IH #324; something like this:

I've been away from Marvel comics for a while. Can anyone tell me if THE IMMORTAL HULK is in continuity with the other Marvel titles? This seems like such a drastic change for Hulk. Have we seen his "immortal" version in other comics? Just curious. I know this book seems to be doing well and of the few that I read I did like it....however, I can't see Marvel making Hulk a bad guy permanently.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #231
    Cover Date: January 1979
    Sale Date: October 17th, 1978
    Writer: Roger Stern
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Mike Esposito
    Letterer: Annette K.
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Jo Duffy

“Prelude!”

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Fred Sloan, Clay Quartermain, Doc Samson, Jim Wilson, Senator Hawk, Senator Stivak, Dr. Karla Sofen,
    Synopsis: Late at night, the Hulk lumbers thru the streets of a small town. He’s surprised to see a young, long-haired man being tossed out of the local bar and into the street by an older gentleman. The Hulk mistakes this man for a soldier and returns the favor for the young man. The bar clears out, and the younger man introduces himself as Fred Sloan. Cut to New Mexico, and we see the introductions of Senators Hawk and Stivak while arriving at Gamma Base. Hawk seems to have made it a personal vendetta against Samson and Stivak uses some code words to let Dr. Sofen know who she really is. We cut back to the Hulk and he’s just awakened to Fred’s girlfriend cooking eggs and beans. She panics and leaves, while the Hulk is eager to share the food. Unfortunately, the police had been alerted and the duo is forced to leave. Back in New Mexico, we find out who and what Senator Stivak is really about after gassing Jim Wilson into unconsciousness, while Fred and the Hulk are caught at a roadblock. (The story continues in Captain America #230)

Commentary: Esposito and Buscema are hit and miss during the next few issues. Stern is building on a storyline that will continue for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I've been away from Marvel comics for a while. Can anyone tell me if THE IMMORTAL HULK is in continuity with the other Marvel titles? This seems like such a drastic change for Hulk. Have we seen his "immortal" version in other comics? Just curious. I know this book seems to be doing well and of the few that I read I did like it....however, I can't see Marvel making Hulk a bad guy permanently.

The current incarnation debuted in Avengers: No Surrender but shares some personality traits with previous versions such as the Green Scar and Grey Hulk (Joe Fixit) although he seems to be a bit more intelligent, sort of more of a 'thinking' Hulk with a bit more of a sadistic side.I wouldn't quite say he's a vilain, really. He's also appeared in a few other comics recently in addition to Avengers, and the Avengers likewise showed up in IH as well as the current version of Alpha Flight.