Page 140 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2556

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    You try to deny what you know is true. Compare the photo of TOAA to Metatron in my following post, and factor in the fact of Metatron's statement that he is the 'Sentience of the Cosmos'.
    Sorry man, you got this one wrong. TOAA doesn't even have a consistent image. In that issue where the image is coped from, Thanos and Warlock are talking to TOAA and he is both male and female at the same time, his image changing every panel:

Spiderman sees a homeless person.

As mentioned "the cosmos" is actually rather small in the scale of the Marvel Pantheon. The entire collective of abstracts live outside that, and above that TLT is multiversal existing across all dimensions/realities simultaneously. This being is not TOAA in any scale or indication.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 10-04-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Sorry man, you got this one wrong. TOAA doesn't even have a consistent image. In that issue where the image is coped from, Thanos and Warlock are talking to TOAA and he is both male and female at the same time, his image changing every panel:

Spiderman sees a homeless person.

As mentioned "the cosmos" is actually rather small in the scale of the Marvel Pantheon. The entire collective of abstracts live outside that, and above that TLT is multiversal existing across all dimensions/realities simultaneously. This being is not TOAA in any scale or indication.
    It's interesting what Thanos is pondering about "Sentient Beings" and in Immortal Hulk, the second to last being alive next to Banner/Hulk, referred to himself as the absolute "Sentience of the cosmos".
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Being new to comics and also an idiot I did not understand the end of this issue at all.

Who is Craig?
    Baby Thanos

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Being new to comics and also an idiot I did not understand the end of this issue at all.

Who is Craig?

Craig Hollis is Mr Immortal. He’s pretty obscure imo.

It's interesting what Thanos is pondering about "Sentient Beings" and in Immortal Hulk, the second to last being alive next to Banner/Hulk, referred to himself as the absolute "Sentience of the cosmos".

Thanos is commenting on how multiverses are created by the decisions of sentient beings ... and acknowledging it is by the decree/will of TOOA. That this being is the reason, and is speculating as to why. Sentience is just another something to be molded by TOAA.

Metatron declares he is sentience of the cosmos. He is absolutely bound by the rules of his existence, as he admits by the inevitable meeting at the end of the universe.

One is the embodiment of, the other is determines the rules by which it obeys. Metatron is a pretty ... obscure character, though. And honestly, I'm not certain I ever read that Galactus merged with Metatron before and thus is why he transcended to be a force of nature in the universe's next restart. Last few years have really been exploring the end of the universe using the concept of cycles and rebirth ... I dont remember Marvel really exploring universal events that form a reboot quite as much as they have post secret wars II.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Thanos is commenting on how multiverses are created by the decisions of sentient beings ... and acknowledging it is by the decree/will of TOOA. That this being is the reason, and is speculating as to why. Sentience is just another something to be molded by TOAA.

Metatron declares he is sentience of the cosmos. He is absolutely bound by the rules of his existence, as he admits by the inevitable meeting at the end of the universe.

One is the embodiment of, the other is determines the rules by which it obeys. Metatron is a pretty ... obscure character, though. And honestly, I'm not certain I ever read that Galactus merged with Metatron before and thus is why he transcended to be a force of nature in the universe's next restart. Last few years have really been exploring the end of the universe using the concept of cycles and rebirth ... I dont remember Marvel really exploring universal events that form a reboot quite as much as they have post secret wars II.
    No. You're wrong. Sentience means consciousness or awareness. Metatron said that he was that consciousness or awareness of the entire cosmos.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 10-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    I want to the Green scar back to be honest. I'm missing those other hulk persona who has the heart of gold. I hope Al will explore on those Hulks. What will you call this future version of hulk?
    Green Scar was mentioned a few issues back. Banner was trying to keep track of what's what with him now: The "Humans" being himself and Joe; The Hulks being Devil and Savage, and both Green Scar and Professor as dormant.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey guys, I haven't read this run yet but I heard a lot of great things about it. Can you guys tell me what makes this series so good and what the main story is? Spoilers are okay. Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

No. You're wrong. Sentience means consciousness or awareness. Metatron said that he was that consciousness or awareness of the entire cosmos.
    again: "entire cosmos" is small scale when talking about something above/beyond TLT. Honestly I don't think you actually understood what I typed out.

to use your own site against you (the one you used to pull a picture of TOAA from):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Metatron_(Earth-616)

Notice Metatron is a _distinct_ entry from TOAA. He's also specifically referenced as the one in the Hulk issue.

I've shown you how the image comparison is flawed because you're taking it out of context.
    I've now shown you that the site you referenced already acknowledges that they are two different entities.
    I've tried to explain your false correlation by contrasting the context of the conversation.

You've provided pretty much nothing but stubbornness.

They are not the same.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 10-05-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't read this run yet but I heard a lot of great things about it. Can you guys tell me what makes this series so good and what the main story is? Spoilers are okay. Thanks
    For me, you never know what’s going to happen next and the horror element also adds another very intriguing factor. This is the best on going comic series I have read in years! Ewing is on another level.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Just got by the comic shop today to pick up my books. HOLY MOLY this is the best issue yet!! That ending was insane!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It's Tricephalous, one of the Mole Man's classic monsters.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Am I understanding this correctly:

spoilers:
    Hulk basically did a "Thanos Wins" situation and killed everyone in the universe and then forcefully absorbed the dude (the cosmic Sentience?) who turned Galan Taa into Galactus when Galan was the last person left in his own universe?

So now Hulk is going to be the big bad guy of the next Marvel universe?
    end of spoilers
    Baby Thanos

That seems to be what it is, yeah. Issue 25 is going to be at least partly about it, with Hulk as the Breaker of Worlds.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly:

spoilers:
    Hulk basically did a "Thanos Wins" situation and killed everyone in the universe and then forcefully absorbed the dude (the cosmic Sentience?) who turned Galan Taa into Galactus when Galan was the last person left in his own universe?

So now Hulk is going to be the big bad guy of the next Marvel universe?
    end of spoilers
    Yep. But instead of 'merging' with the Sentience of the Universe, Bruce absorbed/consumed him instead, which wasn't supposed to happen in the narrative. It's implied that "Bruce" (I say Bruce loosely because it's strongly implied that the One Below All wins) is fully in control of the new life that's created in the next multiverse.