Page 117 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2556
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Thanks to those who sidestepped the stupidity. Otherwise, just report earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #263
    Cover Date: September 1981
    Sale Date: June 9th, 1981
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Sharen & Warfield
    Editor: Al Milgrom

“I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet and the Sky Come Tumbling Down!”

I like that story well enough... I think it was one of the first back issues I got in store. But the Carole King reference is a little embarrassing. It was already a ten year old song then and it's hilarious to think it inspired the use of Avalanche.

But man those Sal pages do look great in reprint quality.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Thanks to those who sidestepped the stupidity. Otherwise, just report earlier.

I like that story well enough... I think it was one of the first back issues I got in store. But the Carole King reference is a little embarrassing. It was already a ten year old song then and it's hilarious to think it inspired the use of Avalanche.

But man those Sal pages do look great in reprint quality.
    Haven't been reprinted YET...crossing fingers. Most of Mantlo's run has been reprinted in the "Pardoned", "Regression" and "Crossroads" trades a few years back. Now we just need #245-268...
    But I'm holding out for the much-maligned Milgrom run of #320-330. Return of the Gray Hulk, Rick Jones Hulk...1st McFarlane Hulk...pretty much my gateway era into full-time collecting.
    I believe they were snips were used from the MU app or Comixology. I love that deep, rich green color they use over the more yellow-ish tone. I think most of the "Crossroads" trade had this coloring....

Incredible Member

Bennett's apparently doing a "King Shazam" one-shot at DC in November...
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 08-15-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Bennett's apparently doing a "King Shazam" one-shot at DC in November...
    The links broken for me for some reason.

Remember when PAD mocked Erik Larsen's Doc Ock defeating the Hulk in adjectiveless Spider-Man's Return of the Sinister Six arc during the return to Las Vegas?

Funny thing is, Slott later used the latter (Hulk's flick) as one of the reasons Octopus's body was failing around ASM #600 or so.

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...s-erik-larsen/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Remember when PAD mocked Erik Larsen's Doc Ock defeating the Hulk in adjectiveless Spider-Man's Return of the Sinister Six arc during the return to Las Vegas?

Funny thing is, Slott later used the latter (Hulk's flick) as one of the reasons Octopus's body was failing around ASM #600 or so.

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...s-erik-larsen/
    This is a fascinating read comming from one who had no idea this feud existed. Thanks for this bit of trivia.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    The links broken for me for some reason.
    Fixed (Apparently, I hit the V before the Ctrl when I pasted the link...)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Fixed (Apparently, I hit the V before the Ctrl when I pasted the link...)
    Nice, i am glad Bennett is flexing his muscles and doing more work, hopefully he isn't too exhausted from it all.

Also might just pick it up, i kinda like Shazam so it should be interesting to see whats going on.

Spectacular Member

Nice, i am glad Bennett is flexing his muscles and doing more work, hopefully he isn't too exhausted from it all.

Also might just pick it up, i kinda like Shazam so it should be interesting to see whats going on.
    I really wish Bennett had been in a Marvel Exclusive contract, cuz this DC book is probably the reason he needs an assist from German Garcia on the monumental Immortal Hulk #25.
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 08-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

I am glad I have Joe Bennett lined up to do a commission. So can’t be too upset at him doing DC work.
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 08-15-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Shazam is one of my favorite DC characters, but this one shot is a part of their ridiculous “year of the villain” mess. So it’s basically a Shazam that has been infected by evil and is a bad guy........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Shazam is one of my favorite DC characters, but this one shot is a part of their ridiculous “year of the villain” mess. So it’s basically a Shazam that has been infected by evil and is a bad guy........
    Oh, well that sucks....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    There are things about the new Shazam that I enjoy for example the more diverse family and there are things that I don't like about how DC views Shazam now as an Older Billy instead of a different persona and having him, Mary and Freddy be adopted siblings as somethings should be kept separated.

Sort of like how Hulk and his extended family is often viewed within Marvel these days as I enjoy the extended Hulk family as long as it's done in a proper and right way which I think Ewing is rebuilding up to.

BANNED

Not sure if anyone shared these, so I thought I'd do it just in case. I know one is a variant. Maybe the top one will be, as well. We shall see.

Fantastic Member

68551736_10215862708985297_263217684915683328_n.jpg

More stuff from Bennett, not sure if it's from issue 23 or 24.