Page 61 of 171 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

And amazing article about the genius of Immortal Hulk.

Current Canon Builders: The Immortal Hulk

Some quotes:

𝐶𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐶𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛 𝐵𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐶𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑐𝑠 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤. 𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑑𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑚𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑞𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑧𝑒𝑑, 𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐼𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝐻𝑢𝑙𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑡𝑒𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑐 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡’𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒.

𝐴𝑙 𝐸𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑢𝑙𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝐸𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔’𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐼𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝐻𝑢𝑙𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝐴𝑙𝑎𝑛 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑎𝑔𝑎 𝑜𝑓 𝑆𝑤𝑎𝑚𝑝 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔.

𝐵𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑔𝑢𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑐 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝐽𝑜ℎ𝑛 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑠. 𝐼𝑛 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝐴𝑙𝑒𝑥 𝑅𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑡𝑒𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. 𝑁𝑜 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑒𝑟ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝐸𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝐵𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑡, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑅𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒.

𝐴𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒 2019, 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐸𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑚 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑓 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦. 𝐼𝑓 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑒 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑢𝑙𝑘.

https://criticallycomics.com/2019/06...immortal-hulk/

And a bunch of awesome reviews!

Beyond the Panel (9/10)

Issues like these past couple from Immortal Hulk truly remind you of the kind of horror you have been missing from Marvel. Honestly, anyone could sit there asking where’s the Hulk they are more familiar with. You know, the kind who transforms when angry and can only speak small syllable words. However, where’s the fun in that Hulk? Where is the thrill in his world? Immortal Hulk challenged us to follow these two back to the way things were in the beginning. Back to where the time of day contained the monsters, and where the limit is the sky to what kind of monster you could encounter aside from Hulk.

Immortal Hulk #19 continued to genuinely shake up what you define as a monster. If you ever thought the Hulk was up there as the stuff of nightmares, this story continues to prove you wrong time after time.

https://beyondthepanel.net/2019/06/1...ortal-hulk-19/

Comics the Gathering (10/10)

The Immortal Hulk continues its impossible streak of chaining together brilliant issues one after the other. #19 is a terrible, triumphant dance that tramples the line between heroes and monsters. It delivers meaning and spectacle aplenty, but it teases the reader ever onward with the promise of even more to come.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...hulk-19-review

You Don't Read Comics (10/10 - A+)

In the end, this is a near-perfect issue of The Immortal Hulk that will leave your mouth agape in horror. The Hulk has been through some rough stuff in his past, but nothing compares to the final scenes in this issue. If you’re a Hulk fan, and you haven’t been picking up this book, this might be the one to start with. Yes, it’s in the middle of a story, but it can’t be beaten for sheer insane storytelling and visuals.

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...hulk-19-review

Weird Science Marvel Comics (9.1/10)

Ewing and his team continue to push this story forward by throwing out the most insane, monstrous battles with some of the most vicious and repulsive creatures in the Marvel Universe. Ewing’s ideas and direction are nothing like this reviewer has seen in a Hulk comic before and are honestly refreshing and a great change of pace. This issue is action-packed, exciting, and will leave readers who have never read horror comics (like myself) amazed for more haunting depictions from this diabolically outstanding creative team. Anyone reading this issue will be sucked into the series immediately and will see first hand why IMMORTAL HULK has become one of the top selling comic books each and every month. Pick this issue up and add this series to your pull list.

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...view-al-ewing/

Comicsverse (99/100)

THE IMMORTAL HULK #19 is the most heartbreaking issue of the series. It delves deep into Betty Ross’ wounded psyche. Al Ewing crafts one of the most beautifully tragic books in Hulk history. Joe Bennett draws the Red Harpy with so much rage and sadness, it’s haunting to look at her.

https://comicsverse.com/immortal-hulk-19-review/

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Well, Damn! Sh!t's thick!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I hope some people don't take this issue the wrong way-- this focus was important for Betty as a character. She's suffered almost as much as Bruce has and now that she's an immortal being, she had to break free from the 'web' of eternal struggle and suffering. Also, the ending portion kinda struck me deep. It was like Hulk was a child begging for help.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I hope some people don't take this issue the wrong way-- this focus was important for Betty as a character. She's suffered almost as much as Bruce has and now that she's an immortal being, she had to break free from the 'web' of eternal struggle and suffering. Also, the ending portion kinda struck me deep. It was like Hulk was a child begging for help.
    It was quite disturbing. I really felt bad for him when He was there, completely helpless, asking Betty to help him.

Damn that was crazy, seeing Hulk helpless and begging for help after his fight with the Abomination and what the Harpy did to him just after was really sad, horrifying and messed up. Another fantastic issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Damn!!!!!!

What a great issue. Again !

I don’t think I have ever seen the Hulk this......... what shall we say........ beaten up.

Horrifying stuff.
    It really reminds me of what happened to Hulk during the Hulk: the End mini when he was eaten alive by those cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Damn that was crazy, seeing Hulk helpless and begging for help after his fight with the Abomination and what the Harpy did to him just after was really sad, horrifying and messed up. Another fantastic issue.

It really reminds me of what happened to Hulk during the Hulk: the End mini when he was eaten alive by those cockroaches.
    That thing might have been painful! But He just heals without a problem!

One more review!

Comic Book (5/5)

The Immortal Hulk has been examining the concept of monstrosity throughout its run: Why do we call things monsters? When do we see ourselves as monsters? What allows us to become monstrous? This issue pulls those scattered thematic threads together in a horrifying climax that is ostensibly filled with heroes. We witness individuals who are sympathetic and often noble shown as forces of destruction, vengeance, and worse. What makes this truly impressive though is that Ewing and Bennett make it clear that this is also about seeing individuals as whole beings. Monstrosity and humanity are present throughout the cast, both those who appear terrifying and those who are all too human, and that makes the continued investigation of these questions awe-inspiring

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...arvel-image/#4

Mighty Member

The las time i read such addictive and clever comics was during the "British invasion" at Vertigo, with Morrison, Moore, Ellis, Carey... It's the same impact that Swamp Thing by Moore had on me: something that at the same time time totally respect the character and totally reinvent him. With "Vision" by Tom King, it's the most interesting character study of a Marvel Hero that I have read these last years.
    I hope that Ewing will stay focus on his vision, and will not listen to Marvel when they will inevitably make an event or a cross-over with another characters.

Ps: For those interested, the inspiration of the last panel seems to be "Saturno devorando a un hijo" by Goya.

Capture d’écran 2019-06-12 à 23.51.26.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2019-06-12 à 23.54.39.jpg
    Last edited by lordozone; 06-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That thing might have been painful! But He just heals without a problem!
    It took him 20 minutes to heal though but seriously you're right this death was damn brutal.

I'm curious about what's going to happen to Hulk since he's in a really bad shape right now but more importantly I'm curious about the process behind his resurrection, like what's really happening when he dies (beyond seeing the green door and coming back) and especially the consequences on Banner's mind which seems to be something that will be explained a little more in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It took him 20 minutes to heal though but seriously you're right this death was damn brutal.

I'm curious about what's going to happen to Hulk since he's in a really bad shape right now but more importantly I'm curious about the process behind his resurrection, like what's really happening when he dies (beyond seeing the green door and coming back) and especially the consequences on Banner's mind which seems to be something that will be explained a little more in the next issue.
    I guess the next issue will be enlightening concerning the nature of the Green Door. I'm intrigued about what'll happen with the Hulk's body; I don't think it will heal, naturally.
    So, can Banner come back in another body??

And there's one interesting about the IH #20 solicitations:

Bruce Banner is being hunted on two fronts by two dead loved ones turned nightmarish, implacable foes.

Fantastic Member

I guess the next issue will be enlightening concerning the nature of the Green Door. I'm intrigued about what'll happen with the Hulk's body; I don't think it will heal, naturally.
    So, can Banner come back in another body??

And there's one interesting about the IH #20 solicitations:

Bruce Banner is being hunted on two fronts by two dead loved ones turned nightmarish, implacable foes.
    It's likely Rick and Betty, although there is another person appearing in #20 that could work (aside from being a loved one )
    https://s3.gifyu.com/images/60199369...93818624_n.jpg

Anyways, wWhat's odd is the preview pencils show what comes next..
    https://s3.gifyu.com/images/60079309...82617088_n.jpg

Maybe that Hydra Hulk gets out of the cave and is set loose with Devil/Savage being away.

Two more reviews!

Newsarama (10/10)

An issue filled with psychological horror, paranoid threats, deformed beasts and sickening trauma. Some panels are so well executed that they might incite physical sickness. But you'll be drawn in and fixated on the art and story all the same. Using a tight cast of Hulk mainstays to explore the landscape of fear and terror is supremely effective. Immortal Hulk #19 is an absolutely harrowing issue that shows us the monster inside isn’t always the worst part of us, but that sometimes the most horrifying damage can be inflicted by those close to our hearts.

https://www.newsarama.com/45573-best...-flash-72.html

The Super Powered Fancast (9.7/10)

The Story: Al Ewing has blown me away with this issue. This series has put Hulk through the ringer in multiple ways with shocking and interesting results, but this issue concludes with the biggest shock yet. Ewing shatters the readers expectations in a way that is both surprising and revelatory about the kind of story he is telling with this series. There are so many great horror movie style elements to this issue and series that I can’t wait to see where it goes next as the stakes get higher for the Green Goliath.

The Art: Joe Bennett’s art is sublime. It is a beautiful mixture of comic book action and visceral horror. The last few pages are shockingly brutal and beautiful.

https://www.superpoweredfancast.com/...ulk-19-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    It's likely Rick and Betty, although there is another person appearing in #20 that could work (aside from being a loved one )
    https://s3.gifyu.com/images/60199369...93818624_n.jpg

Anyways, wWhat's odd is the preview pencils show what comes next..
    https://s3.gifyu.com/images/60079309...82617088_n.jpg

Maybe that Hydra Hulk gets out of the cave and is set loose with Devil/Savage being away.
    That would be crazy. I'd be up for it!

Yes, I deduced Bruce would be talking with Brian in #20. But where? The Below Place?

Mighty Member

That would be crazy. I'd be up for it!

Yes, I deduced Bruce would be talking with Brian in #20. But where? The Below Place?
    It seems that there is Two "Harpy" in these pencils. I think that this scene take place in Hell, and Hulk is fighting against his demons to come-back.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !