Page 151 of 171 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2556
    BANNED

No. If you have not read even a single issue of IH it's not a good jumping point as you will be lost as to what's transpiring.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Is Immortal Hulk 25 a good jumping on point?
    No, you will be completely lost without reading the previous issues.

For Hulk fans of Peter David's run...what are some good issues to start off with?

I tried jumping in twice at two different points (#331 & #397) but could not get into it.

I know this is a well regarded run, so I don't want to give up on it just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Is Immortal Hulk 25 a good jumping on point?
    No. But why wouldn’t you start with issue 1 of a writer’s run? That’s the best jumping on point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    For Hulk fans of Peter David's run...what are some good issues to start off with?

I tried jumping in twice at two different points (#331 & #397) but could not get into it.

How far in after starting with 331 did you get? Can you read issues with terrible art? I’ll tailor my response after seeing your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    How far in after starting with 331 did you get? Can you read issues with terrible art? I’ll tailor my response after seeing your answers.
    I did not read beyond 331 as I had no interest to

As long as the story is good, I can usually look past unfavorable art.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The first six issues or so was mainly PAD tying up loose ends of Byrne and Milgrom. Once those are out of the way, he gets into his own groove.
    I'd say start with #334...basically the unofficial start of the famed "Ground Zero" storyline.
    We're introduced to Half-Life and Banner and the Hulk find out that the government has been creating and stockpiling gamma bombs.
    Then you get the X-Factor appearances, Quartermain blows up Gamma Base, which leads into the "Ground Zero" proper issues of #340-346.
    From there, it's the "Mr. Fixit" era, then the merger storyline, the Merged Hulk era with the Pantheon....etc.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I think people are forgetting this page. In which case the Leader capturing the moth ensures these events happen.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    The first six issues or so was mainly PAD tying up loose ends of Byrne and Milgrom. Once those are out of the way, he gets into his own groove.
    I'd say start with #334...basically the unofficial start of the famed "Ground Zero" storyline.
    We're introduced to Half-Life and Banner and the Hulk find out that the government has been creating and stockpiling gamma bombs.
    Then you get the X-Factor appearances, Quartermain blows up Gamma Base, which leads into the "Ground Zero" proper issues of #340-346.
    From there, it's the "Mr. Fixit" era, then the merger storyline, the Merged Hulk era with the Pantheon....etc.
    Awesome, thank you! I will give #334 a shot!

BANNED

Yeah people all over the place saying the events will change because the tiding-fly went back but the narration points out that nothing changed even though Leader got the info. This could be the best way for TOAA to show up. Al kinda said he would so I think this is the best way.

Spectacular Member

I did not read beyond 331 as I had no interest to

As long as the story is good, I can usually look past unfavorable art.

331-350. If enjoying 347-350 that lasts till roughly 363-371. If not enjoying that then can skip to 364-372. 372 brings back Savage Hulk into the run. 372-377 are really great. 377 has one of the biggest status quo changes in PAD’s run and is a fantastic story. 379, 381-425. 436-440 is a cool arc with Angel Medina art. 446-447 post onslaught event introduce a “new” Hulk who would go on to have a major impact the rest of PAD’s run and beyond that. 447-467 has a ton of greatness in it imo.

Personally I dont like hunting down back issues physically anymore. There are a ton of trades tho collecting this run tho. And the first PAD Hulk omnibus also drops next year too. Would prolly take 3 omni’s to fully collect his run. And of course digitally can make it super easy to weave in and out pretty fast if thats more your liking.

PAD’s more horror tone Hulk issues 335, 368 (Mr Hyde) 389 (Man-Thing and Glob iirc).

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Immortal Hulk January 2019 Solicitations

Immortal Hulk #29

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Giant monsters have been unleashed in Phoenix, Arizona. The Roxxon Corporation is unavailable for comment.
    • The people need help. They need the crusading outlaw with a heart of gold they read about in the Herald. They need their secret hero.
    • Instead, they’re getting the IMMORTAL HULK.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #30

MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    • The first Gamma Bomb unleashed a terrifying creature with impossible strength who waged war on all human authority.
    • The authorities gave the beast a name - a name the whole world knows. But it was someone else’s name first...
    • ...and now the HULK THAT WAS has returned to take it back.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    331-350. If enjoying 347-350 that lasts till roughly 363-371. If not enjoying that then can skip to 364-372. 372 brings back Savage Hulk into the run. 372-377 are really great. 377 has one of the biggest status quo changes in PAD’s run and is a fantastic story. 379, 381-425. 436-440 is a cool arc with Angel Medina art. 446-447 post onslaught event introduce a “new” Hulk who would go on to have a major impact the rest of PAD’s run and beyond that. 447-467 has a ton of greatness in it imo.

Personally I dont like hunting down back issues physically anymore. There are a ton of trades tho collecting this run tho. And the first PAD Hulk omnibus also drops next year too. Would prolly take 3 omni’s to fully collect his run. And of course digitally can make it super easy to weave in and out pretty fast if thats more your liking.

PAD’s more horror tone Hulk issues 335, 368 (Mr Hyde) 389 (Man-Thing and Glob iirc).
    Thank you for your suggestions!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Xemnu! The Hulk that was!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Immortal Hulk January 2019 Solicitations

Immortal Hulk #29

MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Giant monsters have been unleashed in Phoenix, Arizona. The Roxxon Corporation is unavailable for comment.
    • The people need help. They need the crusading outlaw with a heart of gold they read about in the Herald. They need their secret hero.
    • Instead, they’re getting the IMMORTAL HULK.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #30

MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    • The first Gamma Bomb unleashed a terrifying creature with impossible strength who waged war on all human authority.
    • The authorities gave the beast a name - a name the whole world knows. But it was someone else’s name first...
    • ...and now the HULK THAT WAS has returned to take it back.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    As great as the story and interior art have been throughout this entire series, Alex Ross' cover art has been just as incredible (no pun intended). His cover for #25 is one of my favorites ever.